Read 1014507 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6600 on: June 14, 2019, 02:36:02 pm »
But... he's describing how his high school crush ran off  with his best mate Pauly F. so obviously he's got to be a bloke unless he's a Duke.

...or I could be a clam smacker...

..maybe I bat for both teams...

...or I could just be a snail...

(we don't have high school in Angleterre, Mr Chips)

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Super Waygook

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #6601 on: June 14, 2019, 03:53:07 pm »
I'm so hoping it's option A.  :azn: Resolve this mystery I beg of thee, kind Sir!

You mean you got your heart broken at age 16? :sad:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:59:38 pm by HappyPlanetAbuser »
Who's ready for another 4 years of Trump 2020!

« Reply #6602 on: June 17, 2019, 07:48:20 am »
I'm so hoping it's option A.  :azn: Resolve this mystery I beg of thee, kind Sir!

You mean you got your heart broken at age 16? :sad:

My fictional writings are not indicative of my gender.  It's obviously fiction because my BMX (Strika) was ace, end of, no debate, people swooned, get it. 

Feast your eyes on it.  Sex on wheels.  It had a back-pedal back brake.  Imagine that.  You pushed the pedals backward and that made the back wheel brake, both literally and including 'braking' a lot of girl's hearts. 

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6603 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:20 am »
Feast your eyes on it.  Sex on wheels.  It had a back-pedal back brake.  Imagine that.  You pushed the pedals backward and that made the back wheel brake, both literally and including 'braking' a lot of girl's hearts. 
I had a bike way back in the day that also had back-pedal braking. But, unfortunately, it was fixed gear (no free-wheel cog). This meant that if you stopped pedaling and took your feet off the pedals for any reason at all, those pedals were gonna bite you *hard*. My shins were bruised and bloody from age 7 to around 9 when I finally got my revenge on that sadistic contraption!
    The kind of braking I desperately needed was regenerative braking. As in, regenerate my shins....

Anyway, sounds like it all worked out in the end, except the next bike I was saddled with was bright yellow and had a sparkly banana seat.  >:(
Like this, but more sparkly, and without the chain guard ( otherwise, how would the bike gets its daily ration of pant cuffs and shoelaces?)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:40:00 am by kyndo »

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6604 on: June 17, 2019, 09:47:29 am »
Transferring money back home and realized the value has become really bad. Lost almost half the value on the transfer... :sad:
The World Ends With You

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6605 on: June 17, 2019, 09:50:47 am »
Transferring money back home and realized the value has become really bad. Lost almost half the value on the transfer... :sad:

Damn. For NZ it's been slowly getting better I think. I usually send a mil won back home every month, and I'm getting about an extra $40NZD than about a year ago.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6606 on: June 17, 2019, 10:00:31 am »

Damn. For NZ it's been slowly getting better I think. I usually send a mil won back home every month, and I'm getting about an extra $40NZD than about a year ago.
Thatís because the NZ economy is in the toilet!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6607 on: June 17, 2019, 10:05:22 am »

Thatís because the NZ economy is in the toilet!

I thought you get less for your money when it's in the toilet, not more? O.o
Regardless, I'm still getting more than a year ago, so I'm happy. :p

« Reply #6608 on: June 17, 2019, 10:05:57 am »

Yeah, I knew that the won has dropped in value in the last few months, but I hadn't realized by how much until I sent some money home, too.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6609 on: June 17, 2019, 10:28:59 am »
You know that you've been in Korea too long (or are planning to) when you no longer bother sending money back to your home country.  :-[

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6610 on: June 17, 2019, 10:32:23 am »
You know that you've been in Korea too long (or are planning to) when you no longer bother sending money back to your home country.  :-[

I have to do it sometimes. I have a Korean credit card, however, whenever I come across the extra security thing for it online, it means I can't use it.
There is a phone app you need to use for the extra security thing. But, when I got my credit card, and we were trying to set it up, the lady who helped me with all my paperwork, my Korean friend, and myself couldn't get the app to accept my issue. So, sometimes I have to send money home, transfer it to my debit card, and use that instead haha.

« Reply #6611 on: June 17, 2019, 10:45:01 am »

*ahem*

you know you've been in Korea too long (or are planning to) when you become a moderator. 

What a zinger!!

Kapoooow!!

Booyah! 

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6612 on: June 17, 2019, 10:53:13 am »

*ahem*
you know you've been in Korea too long (or are planning to) when you become a moderator. 
What a zinger!!
Kapoooow!!
Booyah! 
Definitely a great farewell post!   :wink:  :evil:

Anyway, don't half the mods live out of country now?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:55:06 am by kyndo »

« Reply #6613 on: June 17, 2019, 11:01:37 am »

*ahem*
What a zinger!!
Kapoooow!!
Booyah! 
Definitely a great farewell post!   :wink:  :evil:

Anyway, don't half the mods live out of country now?

Hold on, you're telling me you don't all live in an 8-pyeong one-room in Noksapyeong provided by 'The Boss'?   No cutlery is provided at the start as it's earned by giving warnings.  After you ban at least four people, you get the code to the door.  Most of the time you just have to hope someone else is in.  When you make level 3, you get a toothbrush. 

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6614 on: June 17, 2019, 11:22:49 am »
Hold on, you're telling me you don't all live in an 8-pyeong one-room in Noksapyeong provided by 'The Boss'?   No cutlery is provided at the start as it's earned by giving warnings.  After you ban at least four people, you get the code to the door.  Most of the time you just have to hope someone else is in.  When you make level 3, you get a toothbrush. 
That would imply that we are being compensated somehow, which, sadly, isn't the case. I do this out of the goodness of my heart, my earnest pursuit of the betterment of my fellow expats, and because I enjoy arguing with people who constantly hold back for fear of the extreme powers of moderation that I wield.

Now please excuse me: it's lunch time, and I really need to fight gagevt for that lump of week old rice that somebody left in the hallway just outside our communal goshiwon.

« Reply #6615 on: June 17, 2019, 11:29:59 am »

I'll better you one and go, "You know you've been in Korea too long when you start sending money from your home country to Korea."

« Reply #6616 on: June 17, 2019, 12:21:01 pm »
That would imply that we are being compensated somehow, which, sadly, isn't the case. I do this out of the goodness of my heart, my earnest pursuit of the betterment of my fellow expats, and because I enjoy arguing with people who constantly hold back for fear of the extreme powers of moderation that I wield.

So you watched Thanos and thought, 'yeh, I'll have some of that, but how?'  You just need the six stones of Waygook.  One is in CO2's smelly shoe in Cheonan, the other deep in Cowboy's Naver Pay account, the other in Vanlslander's Korando in Jeju,  another in Mayorhaggar's jockstrap, the other is next to the tampon in Chinguetti's celebrated complimentary tea box and probably the most difficult is in Aristocrat's 10kg tub of creatine.  Just get them and then you can click....

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6617 on: June 17, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »
So you watched Thanos and thought, 'yeh, I'll have some of that, but how?'  You just need the six stones of Waygook.  One is in CO2's smelly shoe in Cheonan,
Wait.............................

Did I mention that on here???? Cuz that is actually true. My old shoes are there with some puches in them making them smell fresh and I'm wearing my new shoes now. I bought them last weekend. hahahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6618 on: June 17, 2019, 12:54:56 pm »
So you watched Thanos and thought, 'yeh, I'll have some of that, but how?'  You just need the six stones of Waygook.  One is in CO2's smelly shoe in Cheonan,
Wait.............................

Did I mention that on here???? Cuz that is actually true. My old shoes are there with some puches in them making them smell fresh and I'm wearing my new shoes now. I bought them last weekend. hahahaha

As I appear to have accidentally punched a hole in the time/space continuum putting all of our past/future selves in jeopardy, it's best if we just try and navigate a wormhole, minus your smelly shoes, coz they don't half pen and ink.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6619 on: June 17, 2019, 01:07:37 pm »
it's best if we just try and navigate a wormhole, minus your smelly shoes, coz they don't half pen and ink.
Without context, this read like somebody is having a stroke.
In context, well, uh, are you currently smelling colours?   :shocked: