Read 1080157 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6540 on: June 03, 2019, 02:15:18 pm »
A student came into class wearing a Smiths, "Queen is dead" shirt. I've been burnt too many times before with people people wearing shirts of things that they didn't know anything about, so i contained by excitement. I asked him nonchalantly "do you like The Smiths?" But,no. He didn't know it was band.
I guess uniqlo or something has put Smiths album covers on t-shirts this season. There are a lot worse things that could be put on the front of a shirt.
Cue this summer's Korean blockbuster: "The Smiths *not starring Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt" and hordes of middleschool students referring to each other as "this charming man (regardless of gender)", and constantly asking you "how soon is now?"
:police: Is PGH in prison yet? What is going on with her?

:-* The Queen is dead, boys.

프랭컬리, 슈웽클리 아저씨
The joys of fauxtherhood

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
The joys of fauxtherhood

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #6542 on: June 03, 2019, 03:29:15 pm »
Front page is starting to get very political again. Just gonna revive this thread real quick and hope some new topics come up :laugh:

Loving the hatred and prejudice people bring on a teaching board, quality stuff really. I have officially decided to avoid those posts for my own well being!
If only more people could learn this trick, this forum, and the internet as a whole, would be so much better.

Probably more likely to happen when Trump believes global warming is real  :laugh:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

« Reply #6543 on: June 03, 2019, 03:38:27 pm »
CO2  :laugh:

I'll take your chocolate donut and raise you a oven baked french toast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSXQsP-VQY

love the ending...

« Reply #6544 on: June 04, 2019, 11:22:09 am »
I used the wrong kind of flour for the cookies I baked last night.

They look and smell great. But they're cartoon hard. You can't eat them without risking loss of a molar unless you dunk and soak them in liquid first.

I'm going to let some of my students try them.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6545 on: June 04, 2019, 11:56:35 am »

Not sure if actual pettiness or really good humor :laugh:
The World Ends With You

• paxxie
  • Explorer

• May 06, 2019, 08:03:59 am
« Reply #6546 on: June 04, 2019, 12:10:04 pm »
Ranting.. because I'm just super annoyed.

Yesterday, I decided for the first time to take a break from the usual textbook work and showed videos to all my elementary classes (my Korean counterparts are never in the room with me so who cares?) Grades 3 and 4 went great!  We watched Spongbob. We laughed. We had blast! Now... my 6th graders. I have them for two 40minute classes. I have them after lunch. There's 20 students and half are soccer players for the local youth team. Usually, I  chugged through the lesson, do some activities, give out some stickers for candy, and call it a day. I've never been able to get these "soccer kids" on board but whatever.. Which leads me to yesterday. I showed Toy Story 2 and told the kids we'll watch it for both periods (as usual, no korean teacher). The kids were responsive at first... and then it all went downhill. I had the stop the video multiple times because these "soccer kids" were screaming at each other, spraying water at each other, climbing on counter cabinets.. like WTF dude?  I asked them (multiple times) in my stern teacher voice to behave to no avail. I know you don't have to understand English to read my face. The other students were annoyed by their behavior. Finally, I got the korean teacher to come to talk to them and made them lay their heads on the table for 5 minutes. I told them I'll restart the clock if I hear a word. I also told them'll have to prove that they can earn stickers/candy again; I was thoroughly sadden by their behavior. My 6th graders from last year were wayyyy better behaved and I had "soccer kids" too.. *sigh*

The thing that really gets my goat was the screaming. Like seriously? Back in the US,  I taught Ethiopian and Somali kids (who had limited English) and they're better behaved than my 6th graders. Good riddance my contract is ending soon.

/rant

« Reply #6547 on: June 04, 2019, 01:20:39 pm »
Love Henry.  Slowly working through his channel.  His little stories when he's mixing something... :laugh:

'I know when my dad was growing up in the south, you weren't allowed to say the word fart in front of a lady.  You had to say airshit'

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6548 on: June 04, 2019, 01:36:52 pm »
Love Henry.  Slowly working through his channel.  His little stories when he's mixing something... :laugh:

'I know when my dad was growing up in the south, you weren't allowed to say the word fart in front of a lady.  You had to say airshit'

Guy deserves a million subs, truly.

This was my first vid of his and it's instaclassic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjstQ30RI8
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6549 on: June 05, 2019, 08:37:49 am »
Guy deserves a million subs, truly.

Definitely.  Saw the Quiche one last night and there was a line about farmers' markets that was the funniest thing I've heard in ages.  Not really ages, just basically since the thing he said the day before...

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6550 on: June 05, 2019, 09:54:41 am »
I went to the teacher's restroom this morning to do my business, but stopped when I looked into the toilet. The mug, toothpaste and toothbrush that one of the teachers keeps in there was sitting in the toilet. I thought "cool" and chose a different stall.

I came back again just now, and found the items (toothbrush and all) back where they normally are above the sink. Whether it was the owner, or the ajumma that cleans, there's no way anyone can think keeping those things (especially the toothbrush) is healthy for anyone.  :huh:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6551 on: June 05, 2019, 12:33:37 pm »
I went to the teacher's restroom this morning to do my business, but stopped when I looked into the toilet. The mug, toothpaste and toothbrush that one of the teachers keeps in there was sitting in the toilet. I thought "cool" and chose a different stall.

I came back again just now, and found the items (toothbrush and all) back where they normally are above the sink. Whether it was the owner, or the ajumma that cleans, there's no way anyone can think keeping those things (especially the toothbrush) is healthy for anyone.  :huh:

Top banter but if you aren't doing your business in the Principal's bathroom then you are doing it wrong.
Who is here in 2019?

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6552 on: June 05, 2019, 12:47:56 pm »

Top banter but if you aren't doing your business in the Principal's bathroom then you are doing it wrong.

Trust me, I use it every chance I get.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6553 on: June 05, 2019, 12:48:38 pm »

Actually, in the toilet bowl?  Or just next to the toilet?

I was talking with my 1st grade co-teacher, who put up a sign on the female teacher toilet saying no students were to go in.  She mentioned she goes in to the bog sometimes and there is unflushed poop in the toilet.  I told her that sometimes I go in the male teacher toilet next to the female one and there is unflushed poop in there too.  Is it only the students?  Not sure about that one, because the ones in the male crapper look like a male silverback had nailed down a lamb vindaloo the night before, then a midnight kebab, slept on it and then knocked back a litre of black coffee, before doing his early morning monkey business. 

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6554 on: June 05, 2019, 12:55:21 pm »

Actually, in the toilet bowl?  Or just next to the toilet?

I was talking with my 1st grade co-teacher, who put up a sign on the female teacher toilet saying no students were to go in.  She mentioned she goes in to the bog sometimes and there is unflushed poop in the toilet.  I told her that sometimes I go in the male teacher toilet next to the female one and there is unflushed poop in there too.  Is it only the students?  Not sure about that one, because the ones in the male crapper look like a male silverback had nailed down a lamb vindaloo the night before, then a midnight kebab, slept on it and then knocked back a litre of black coffee, before doing his early morning monkey business. 

Literally sitting in the poo water itself. R.I.P. to whoever owns that toothbrush.

Edit: (Not literal poo water, just the toilet water itself)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:56:57 pm by JVPrice »
The World Ends With You

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6555 on: June 05, 2019, 02:01:16 pm »
There's a difference?  :huh:

« Reply #6556 on: June 07, 2019, 11:43:31 am »
The third and fourth "Jaws" movies are way worse than I remember.

A couple of boys played hackysack with my cookies, btw. A few others were determined to eat at least one and got sore jaws, lol.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:49:23 am by Chinguetti »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #6557 on: June 08, 2019, 03:56:45 am »
Why can't i buy fresh vegetables, meat or fruit after midnight?

I live in a place with 50,000 people (a small town by korean standards) and not a single bloody place can i get those things after midnight. It's nearly 5am and i have crisscrossed the town three times and will settle on a can of tuna, half moldy cauliflower and limp green peppers to make a late night/early morning dish (stirfry i guess, with no garlic or onions or potatoes or carrots for a soup. Ugh. Will go heavy on ground black pepper.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:59:12 am by VanIslander »

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #6558 on: June 08, 2019, 11:04:52 am »

I live in a place with 50,000 people (a small town by korean standards) and not a single bloody place can i get those things after midnight. It's nearly 5am and i have crisscrossed the town three times and will settle on a can of tuna, half moldy cauliflower and limp green peppers to make a late night/early morning dish (stirfry i guess, with no garlic or onions or potatoes or carrots for a soup. Ugh. Will go heavy on ground black pepper.

PUI?

As in: Posting Under the Influence...

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6559 on: June 08, 2019, 11:34:30 am »

to be fair, i'm sure 99% of people don't want to buy veg/meat after midnight, so i'm not surprised most places are closed