Read 1085481 times

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6380 on: March 29, 2019, 10:43:12 am »
All the kids are saying that Moon Jaein is banning Google and Youtube next week. Any truth in this?

No.

I figured they were talking out their ass but there are fewer things more frightening than google/YouTube being banned.

There is actually a kernel of truth. The Korean government was at loggerheads with google and I think facebook too over them not following, i think, some privacy law. I heard it had been resolved. But the government did make the threat that if the situation wasn't resolved they were going to block google and youtube and whatever else they own nowadays.
Some people believe that this was just Moon's government acting pissy and trying to get some revenge because google had told them to go piss up a rope when they asked youtube to block certain videos coming from conservative,anti-Moon, Korean groups.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #6381 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:27 pm »
I actually had one of the best weekends in ages. It was great.

Also - you hate oysters? That's so sad :( They're delicious.

Glad to hear it, hope this weekend will be the same for you. My own was uneventful, but it was relaxing and I got a lot of sleep, and it was exactly what I needed.

Especially since I was basically running on 2-5 hours of sleep every night this past week. It's like last weekend was prepping me for that. I finally managed to get around 7 hours last night. I probably won't leave my bed this weekend.

EDIT: And yes, can't stand oysters. It's funny how so many people who love hot weather also love oysters. xD

I hate hot weather myself, anything over 25C and I just shut down haha.

I can tolerate heat fairly well, which is why people seem to think I love the heat (because I don't slow down when it gets hot, I still carry on with everything per the norm while everyone else around me seem to get worn down more quickly, and I'm over here trying to push them to keep up with my pace, lol).

But the heat really just pisses me off, and that's the REAL source of my energy during hot days. It's the frustration and barely contained rage.

Heat really gets to me if I'm forced to just wait in it, though, especially when there's no air circulation. So if I'm on a bus during the summer, and no one will open a window, and the driver won't turn on the A/C, I'm basically offended at everything. xD One of the reasons why I'm so happy to have my own classroom, too -- I control the A/C.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:44:33 pm by Chinguetti »

« Reply #6382 on: March 29, 2019, 03:32:58 pm »
i spent 10min looking for a recent thread about buying a ppt clicker/wireless mouse b/c i wanted to say that i did it and i really recommend this as well!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a wireless mouse off of coupang and sometimes i just use my hand as a mousepad wherever i'm standing. i like being able to walk around the classroom andddd i can see how my ppt's look to students from their viewpoint.

i love it. I LOVE IT. but i'm sad that i can't find the original thread hence filing it here... :-[ :sad:.... happy friday yall..

« Reply #6383 on: April 03, 2019, 11:49:55 am »
has anyone seen my toothbrush?

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #6384 on: April 03, 2019, 01:10:19 pm »
i spent 10min looking for a recent thread about buying a ppt clicker/wireless mouse b/c i wanted to say that i did it and i really recommend this as well!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a wireless mouse off of coupang and sometimes i just use my hand as a mousepad wherever i'm standing. i like being able to walk around the classroom andddd i can see how my ppt's look to students from their viewpoint.

i love it. I LOVE IT. but i'm sad that i can't find the original thread hence filing it here... :-[ :sad: .... happy friday yall..

I have been given a wireless mouse but this was before I didn't have one! This video is very useful and it works really well!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2w8uF8IFA
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

« Reply #6385 on: April 03, 2019, 02:25:59 pm »

I haven't seen it but I can tell you that I save $3 a month by using the principal's toothbrush and toothpaste out of the cup in the staff bathroom. That's $35 give or take a year in savings that could be invested into a virtual currency or stock that could potentially sky rocket into hundreds or even thousands of dollars in value. I took one of those free online courses last winter vacation about investing and it really opened my eyes to making my money work for me and not the other way around. I can't remember the name of the college that I took the course with, I gave the name to a friend that lives in my apartment building. She lives on the 5th floor and I live on the 6th floor. We usually end up bumping into each other in the elevator after work. I often say to her what floor are you going to today? Because one time she accidentally got out of the elevator on the 3rd floor and had to walk up 2 flights of stairs to get to the 5th floor because I said see you later when I heard the elevator ping. Turns out someone had pressed the 3rd floor button without Rachel or I noticing it and she'd just heard the ping and assumed it was the 5th floor. That banter always gets a smile out of the two of us. I hope I see her waiting for the elevator tonight.
Who is here in 2019?

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #6386 on: April 03, 2019, 02:52:13 pm »
Best post I've seen so far this year.

« Reply #6387 on: April 03, 2019, 03:02:10 pm »

I haven't seen it but I can tell you that I save $3 a month by using the principal's toothbrush and toothpaste out of the cup in the staff bathroom. That's $35 give or take a year in savings that could be invested into a virtual currency or stock that could potentially sky rocket into hundreds or even thousands of dollars in value. I took one of those free online courses last winter vacation about investing and it really opened my eyes to making my money work for me and not the other way around. I can't remember the name of the college that I took the course with, I gave the name to a friend that lives in my apartment building. She lives on the 5th floor and I live on the 6th floor. We usually end up bumping into each other in the elevator after work. I often say to her what floor are you going to today? Because one time she accidentally got out of the elevator on the 3rd floor and had to walk up 2 flights of stairs to get to the 5th floor because I said see you later when I heard the elevator ping. Turns out someone had pressed the 3rd floor button without Rachel or I noticing it and she'd just heard the ping and assumed it was the 5th floor. That banter always gets a smile out of the two of us. I hope I see her waiting for the elevator tonight.

are you saying I can use Rachel's toothbrush? 

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #6388 on: April 03, 2019, 03:06:27 pm »
Avec, never leave us  :-*
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

« Reply #6389 on: April 03, 2019, 03:14:00 pm »

WHOA! IS the rambles user back!?

• AMDC
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2018, 08:00:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6390 on: April 03, 2019, 03:15:40 pm »

11/10

« Reply #6391 on: April 04, 2019, 08:48:39 am »
am I the only to think that there are only two people who actually post on this forum, me and one other person who has created 85 socks, has a massive imagination, a DID problem and fast typing fingers?    :undecided:

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #6392 on: April 04, 2019, 08:59:45 am »
Aren't you one of the 85 socks though?  :shocked:
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

« Reply #6393 on: April 04, 2019, 09:07:22 am »
Aren't you one of the 85 socks though?  :shocked:

absolutely not... which makes you one of the 85...

« Reply #6394 on: April 04, 2019, 10:41:51 am »

11/10

Agreed. Brilliant.

« Reply #6395 on: April 04, 2019, 10:42:20 am »
am I the only to think that there are only two people who actually post on this forum, me and one other person who has created 85 socks, has a massive imagination, a DID problem and fast typing fingers?    :undecided:

that probably suggests more about you than anyone on the forum :wink:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6396 on: April 04, 2019, 12:06:03 pm »
이거트
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6397 on: April 05, 2019, 09:15:40 am »
I love my friends, but I want to travel solo this weekend. They won't understand what got unleashed last night, I don't want to kill them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

« Reply #6398 on: April 05, 2019, 09:32:06 pm »

i love it. I LOVE IT. but i'm sad that i can't find the original thread hence filing it here... :-[ :sad: .... happy friday yall..

I have been given a wireless mouse but this was before I didn't have one! This video is very useful and it works really well!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2w8uF8IFA

Oh thank you~!! I watched that video and it mentioned that the computer and phone had to have the same wifi connection...but maybe i heard that wrong..either way this is great too! I actually like my mouse b/c i can switch to other things and still stroll around the class but this is another good alternative for sure!

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6399 on: April 09, 2019, 07:10:34 am »
I don't know if there's any rules to this, but today there's a bunch of old dudes in suits passing out tiny bibles in front of my school. I know Christianity is followed by many here, but are there really no rules to spreading this stuff onto kids?

I'd imagine parents of a different belief might be very upset by this if they found out. Then again, cultural differences and whatnot. :undecided:
The World Ends With You