Read 1015326 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6360 on: March 25, 2019, 01:57:37 pm »
This has been a hard week for me and I'm really looking forward to weekend shenanigans. It's been a while.

It's also been a long time since I've gone anywhere during Summer vacation, and it looks like I might be able to this year. Not sure if I should, though, everything is so much more expensive during the summer, especially airfare. It's not that I can't afford it, but the Grinch in me refuses to pay for something that is normally half the price any other time of the year.

Anyone have suggestions for places to visit where the airfare and accommodation prices are still relatively sane during July or August?

Don't go to Southeast Asia unless you REALLY like hot weather. Not warm. But like, offensively hot.

I actually see tickets to Australia being hella discounted around that time sometimes. Not sure how that works. But they are pretty cheap, especially with Air Asia. Could be fun.

I dunno. Mongolia looks pretty sweet.

These suggestions weren't particularly helpful. I'm sorry, waygook.org user Chinguetti.

It's possible because it's winter in that time in Aussie.
I'm considering going to belgium, Finland, or to see some friends in Aussie for summer this year, as I want to go somewhere not so hot. :p

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6361 on: March 25, 2019, 01:58:58 pm »
Don't go to Southeast Asia unless you REALLY like hot weather. Not warm. But like, offensively hot.

I actually see tickets to Australia being hella discounted around that time sometimes. Not sure how that works. But they are pretty cheap, especially with Air Asia. Could be fun.

I dunno. Mongolia looks pretty sweet.

These suggestions weren't particularly helpful. I'm sorry, waygook.org user Chinguetti.

Any suggestion is helpful, it helps narrow the list down a bit.

Because, yeah, I really hate hot weather. I can tolerate it, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money for something that'll ruin my mood every day I'm there, lol.

I hate hot weather myself, anything over 25C and I just shut down haha.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #6362 on: March 25, 2019, 02:28:14 pm »
#basedcowboyshirt: I love hot weather. Like, I can walk around for hours and hours in mid 30-degree weather. But SEA in the summer is like, hotter than that. Literally you can't do anything at all for like 6 hours per day.

You should be fine in Thailand then.  I lived in Phuket and Bangkok for a few years and having been married to a Thai cannot count how many times I had extended vacations there and I can absolutely say I preferred summer there to that in Korea.  By a large margin.  Yes, it's hot, but in the 30s.  And there are so many big and interesting mall/entertainment complexes to escape the midday heat if you need to.  Also, I loved the thunderstorms that would roll in in the evenings.  Sit on the balcony with a drink and enjoy the noisy light show. They'd often let up after an hour or two and you could go sloshing down the street for some nightlife. 

« Reply #6363 on: March 27, 2019, 07:40:31 am »
is it just me, or do most Hyundai cars look like cats?

https://i.imgur.com/0iKf6ee.gifv

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6364 on: March 27, 2019, 07:54:09 am »
Iíve been in Canada about two and a half weeks.
I understand why Koreans pack noodles when they travel.
Mr. Noodles is terrible.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6365 on: March 27, 2019, 09:29:44 am »

I'm fairly sure that the thing in the link you posted is an actual cat and not a Hyundai.
Like, almost 100% certain.

« Reply #6366 on: March 27, 2019, 09:34:17 am »

I'm fairly sure that the thing in the link you posted is an actual cat and not a Hyundai.

this is why you are a moderator, and I am not.   :sad:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6367 on: March 27, 2019, 09:38:51 am »

I think it is hungry as well, but didnít want to be impolite.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6368 on: March 27, 2019, 09:45:21 am »

this is why you are a moderator, and I am not.   :sad:

Ha! I'm sure the folks upstairs have regretted that decision a few times already!

« Reply #6369 on: March 27, 2019, 12:20:18 pm »

I think it is hungry as well, but didnít want to be impolite.

I like the, 'Ooooh, the chicken', 'maybe if I butter the guy up first, he might give me some', 'oh, the chicken, want so much'.  all my students understand 'sneaky' as that's usually how I describe cats to them. 

« Reply #6370 on: March 28, 2019, 03:39:08 pm »
weird, I'm getting at least two emails everyday about transferring funds that I never knew I had, from people I have no idea who they are.  must be my lucky day!!  jackpot!!

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6371 on: March 28, 2019, 08:05:55 pm »
weird, I'm getting at least two emails everyday about transferring funds that I never knew I had, from people I have no idea who they are.  must be my lucky day!!  jackpot!!

From Nigeria, by chance?

« Reply #6372 on: March 29, 2019, 06:50:09 am »

From Nigeria, by chance?

nope Montserrat.  nice place.  might move there when I collect the funds, I never knew I had, from someone I don't know.  then I'll start a gloating thread here about it.   :azn:

« Reply #6373 on: March 29, 2019, 08:14:20 am »
Awesome! That's so lucky! Just send them the $400 transfer fee and wait for the cash to start rolling in  ;D

« Reply #6374 on: March 29, 2019, 09:51:00 am »
The weather is decent but not decent enough to exercise outside without contracting some form of respiratory cancer.  :undecided:
Who is here in 2019?

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6375 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:30 am »
All the kids are saying that Moon Jaein is banning Google and Youtube next week. Any truth in this?
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6376 on: March 29, 2019, 10:24:39 am »
All the kids are saying that Moon Jaein is banning Google and Youtube next week. Any truth in this?

No.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6377 on: March 29, 2019, 10:27:07 am »

No.

I figured they were talking out their ass but there are fewer things more frightening than google/YouTube being banned.

The joys of fauxtherhood

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #6378 on: March 29, 2019, 10:31:51 am »
The weather is decent but not decent enough to exercise outside without contracting some form of respiratory cancer.  :undecided:

I do a lot of walking, over 50 kms. last weekend, so I check my air quality app before heading out.  Last weekend was great and today is green happy faces, so I'm hopeful for this weekend. 

« Reply #6379 on: March 29, 2019, 10:33:10 am »
I think Ronnie Omelettes is a lady.

Extract from a post and below that an extract of her profile.

To be fair, he also deleted the post where Omelette pointed out his 5 posts per day were over a two month period,

Summary
Ronnie Omelettes
Veteran

I don't think you have to provide proof of your gender when creating an account here. I didn't have to when I did, anyway, but I suppose it might've changed. At any rate, it's fairly clear it's a new account for someone who used to post under a different (male) one, and I have my suspicions who that might be. I'll keep that much to myself, though, because I hate being wrong.  8)

Taken from another thread but I hadn't even thought of this until Mister Tim mentioned it.  Yeah, without saying the name...it's good to have him back  :wink: