Read 1085050 times

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6220 on: December 18, 2018, 10:27:05 am »
Listen up sheeple. Big pharma gives those small town doctors things like:

Notepads with the companies name on the top
Pens with GlaxoSmithKline on them
Ring binded flip calendars
Year planners

You think this kind of swag comes for free? Wow. You're unbelievable. Those doctors are injecting our children with poison (mercury. look it up) and in return they are receiving a veritable cornucopia of branded stationary.

So yes they are salty. They know the gravy train of free pens is coming to an end and they will fight till the bitter end to see that doesn't happen.

:laugh:

« Reply #6221 on: December 18, 2018, 12:35:09 pm »
Speaking of comics, I figured a bunch of us could appreciate these.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6222 on: December 18, 2018, 12:43:48 pm »
I just had a bunch of students tell me that the moon landing was fake. They were adamant about it.
Anti-science crap like this makes me die a little inside. Obviously they're getting this from their HR teacher, which means you need to go over there and give him/her/it a good shake (not really).

At the university in my town there are 2 English professors who are flat-Earthers. The crap they post on my FB feed makes my fingers itch, but since it's a small town, and I don't want to be *that guy*, I usually manage to avoid replying. Sometimes their posts get so bad that I have to "pause" them for 30 days or so.  :huh: >:(

One of them is also a rabid anti-vaxxer, even rabidder anti-globalist, and a Zionist conspiracy believer to boot.  :rolleyes:

I read a couple days ago, that some doctors are starting to refuse to see kids that aren't vaccinated, out of safety for the children that are waiting to be vaxxed / aren't yet old enough for the vaccinations.

Sounds more like they're salty than worried about other kids waiting to be seen.

Sorry, I worded it poorly.
I meant, doctors are refusing to see the children, of anti-vax parents.

« Reply #6223 on: December 18, 2018, 01:18:44 pm »
Sounds more like they're salty than worried about other kids waiting to be seen.
I'm not sure I understand. "Salty" about what?
Insofar as I know, doctors don't really have much at stake with respect to vaccines.
Pharmaceutical companies? Sure.
The CDC? Apparantly so, as they own a few vax patents.
But vaccinations do nothing for your small town clinic doctors... in fact, considering that many people are argue about and try to sue for "giving their children autism" or whatever, I would guess that vax are more of a hassle to them than anything else.

Listen up sheeple. Big pharma gives those small town doctors things like:

Notepads with the companies name on the top
Pens with GlaxoSmithKline on them
Ring binded flip calendars
Year planners

You think this kind of swag comes for free? Wow. You're unbelievable. Those doctors are injecting our children with poison (mercury. look it up) and in return they are receiving a veritable cornucopia of branded stationary.

So yes they are salty. They know the gravy train of free pens is coming to an end and they will fight till the bitter end to see that doesn't happen.

A compound called thimerosal, which contains mercury, is used in the US as a preservative in multi-dose vials of flu vaccines, and in the manufacturing process for two other childhood vaccines. This is because if a vaccine becomes contaminated with bacteria, it can become deadly.

According to the US Food and Drug Association (FDA), in 1999 it was decided that as much mercury as possible should be removed from vaccines as a precautionary measure, despite no evidence thimerosal was harmful for children.

No childhood vaccine contains [thimerosal] and hasn't done for many years; MMR never contained it as it would kill the viruses. It is still contained in flu vaccines in the US,” says Professor Bedford. “Aluminium is also used to make the vaccine work better, so you need less of the active components. But we eat aluminium, we breathe it, it's in baby milk and deodorant.”

Does the MMR jab cause autism?

Exhaustive scientific research has concluded that no, the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine does not cause autism.

A comprehensive review of 10 different studies, using data from 1.2 million children, was carried out in 2014 and did not find any relationship between MMR and autism spectrum disorder.

The MMR vaccine has been in use since 1971, but the controversy surrounding it began in 1998 when former doctor Andrew Wakefield published a research paper in The Lancet claiming to show a link between the combined jab and autism.

“The paper has been discredited as bad science, but it got into the public imagination and became a political football when Tony Blair, who had a young child, was asked in the House of Commons: 'Has your child been immunised?' and he wouldn't say,” says Helen Bedford, a professor of children’s health.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/vaccines-are-they-safe-to-give-children-dangers-advice-facts-mmr-autism-donald-trump-anti-vaxxers-a7719491.html

A little free thinking, and the internet stops people looking stupid by repeating idiotic theories they hear on the internet.  Seriously, research what you post!

I bet you are the kind of person who re-posts a meme because you agree with the info, but never bother to see if it is true.

• Renma
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #6224 on: December 18, 2018, 01:23:07 pm »

A little free thinking, and the internet stops people looking stupid by repeating idiotic theories they hear on the internet.  Seriously, research what you post!

I bet you are the kind of person who re-posts a meme because you agree with the info, but never bother to see if it is true.

His post was clearly satire.

« Reply #6225 on: December 18, 2018, 01:51:07 pm »
Ordered a pizza last night. Cheese and Tomato from pizza school. Collection job.

Get home, open the box, sweetcorn on my pizza.

Think about picking the sweetcorn off the pizza like a normal person then I thought no **** that. I'm not having this they've crossed the line.

Rang them up. Hello it's the foreigner who ordered the cheese and tomato pizza .  . nene . . . Yeah, there's sweetcorn on my pizza. I ordered cheese and tomato. pizza school ahjussi (PSA): Yeah, it comes with sweetcorn. Me: But it's called cheese and tomato pizza not cheese, tomato and sweetcorn. PSA: We put sweetcorn on it. Me: Ok thanks. Hang phone up.

Sit down, pick sweetcorn off pizza and eat while watching masterchef. 
Who is here in 2019?

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6226 on: December 18, 2018, 02:00:43 pm »

Did you arrive last week? hahahahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #6227 on: December 18, 2018, 02:01:38 pm »
Ordered a pizza last night. Cheese and Tomato from pizza school. Collection job.

Think about picking the sweetcorn off the pizza like a normal person then I thought no **** that. I'm not having this they've crossed the line.

Rang them up. Hello it's the foreigner who ordered the cheese and tomato pizza .  . nene . . . Yeah, there's sweetcorn on my pizza. I ordered cheese and tomato. pizza school ahjussi (PSA): Yeah, it comes with sweetcorn. Me: But it's called cheese and tomato pizza not cheese, tomato and sweetcorn. PSA: We put sweetcorn on it. Me: Ok thanks. Hang phone up.

I've taught a few lessons about pizza here, and the students are always baffled when I tell them that corn on pizza isn't really a thing in the US. They also look at me like I have two heads when I tell them we don't eat pickles with our pizza.

I wonder if there are Korean expat discussion forums where the opposite side of these conversations take place.

"Anyone know where I can get some pizza with corn on it?"

"They forgot to give me pickles with my pizza, and acted all confused when I asked them about it!"

"The garlic bread here is so garlicky! Where's the sugar?!?"

« Reply #6228 on: December 18, 2018, 02:04:51 pm »

Did you arrive last week? hahahahaha

I don't eat pizza very often. Was having one of those days.

I've taught a few lessons about pizza here, and the students are always baffled when I tell them that corn on pizza isn't really a thing in the US. They also look at me like I have two heads when I tell them we don't eat pickles with our pizza.

I wonder if there are Korean expat discussion forums where the opposite side of these conversations take place.

"They forgot to give me pickles with my pizza, and acted all confused when I asked them about it!"

Haha. I miss proper garlic bread pizzas from back home.
Who is here in 2019?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6229 on: December 18, 2018, 02:42:28 pm »

yeah, it's the surprise sweetcorn i hate. no mention of it anywhere...and it arrives with sweetcorn. nothing on this planet makes me feel more miserable

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6230 on: December 18, 2018, 02:59:56 pm »

yeah, it's the surprise sweetcorn i hate. no mention of it anywhere...and it arrives with sweetcorn. nothing on this planet makes me feel more miserable

I must be one of the few foreigners that doesn't mind it :P
On my first pizza here, I was surprised to see corn on it, but I love corn so I didn't mind :p

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6231 on: December 18, 2018, 03:11:42 pm »
i hate sweetcorn and i hate spam

why do i live in this country

« Reply #6232 on: December 18, 2018, 03:14:20 pm »

His post was clearly satire.

I realise that now, i saw the mercury part, and my brain went into SJW mode.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6233 on: December 18, 2018, 03:16:59 pm »
i hate sweetcorn and i hate spam

why do i live in this country

I hate spam, but love sweetcorn. :p

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6234 on: December 18, 2018, 03:49:08 pm »

I asked my boss if there was a website like that, where they would complain about stuff. He said, he wasn't aware of any. :p

« Reply #6235 on: December 18, 2018, 04:27:07 pm »

I asked my boss if there was a website like that, where they would complain about stuff. He said, he wasn't aware of any. :p

There wasca whole thread a few years back....Steelrails took umbridge!

Edit: here it is 
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=107528.0
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:42:20 pm by sligo »

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6236 on: December 27, 2018, 07:33:04 am »
I thought I was ready to change schools without any problem. Today I walked into the office at my 2nd school and my CT tells me "Today is your last day."

Hit me like a sack of bricks outta nowhere. I'm gonna miss some of these kids. The 1st grade class here was the best group I've taught by far.  :sad:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6237 on: December 27, 2018, 07:49:15 am »
I thought I was ready to change schools without any problem. Today I walked into the office at my 2nd school and my CT tells me "Today is your last day."

Hit me like a sack of bricks outta nowhere. I'm gonna miss some of these kids. The 1st grade class here was the best group I've taught by far.  :sad:

Ugh!  That stinks.  I'm sorry.  I know how you're feeling though.  I have today and tomorrow with my country school and that's it.  I'm done.  I thought I wouldn't care, but I do.  I'm gonna miss my 6th graders the most. 

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6238 on: December 27, 2018, 07:58:57 am »
My sixth graders were an awesome group. A bunch of them hang out regularly in my English room during lunch time, and surprisingly, they were never more than just moderately annoying.
  Last week was my last class with them, and they all came in bringing awesome Christmas themed goodbye cards which was pretty touching. I still need to thank their homeroom teacher for giving them time to do that!

Will be sad to see them go.  :sad:

« Reply #6239 on: December 27, 2018, 08:16:08 am »

There wasca whole thread a few years back....Steelrails took umbridge!

Edit: here it is 
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=107528.0

Damn 8 pages of Tino defending the realm and it's locked. What a great thread.
Who is here in 2019?