Read 1002492 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6180 on: November 30, 2018, 05:44:22 pm »
And the binging has begun.

Bumping this up because I'm excited it's Friday. I'm looking forward to doing nothing. I think I'm gonna binge watch  The Haunting of Hill House all weekend.

I'm watching BM "Hang the DJ" with a special someone. Should be good. Home cooked meal, relaxing out of the city.

Good to unwind after all the filming I've been doing.

Sounds like a good time, have fun!

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6181 on: December 02, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »
Bumping this up because I'm excited it's Friday. I'm looking forward to doing nothing. I think I'm gonna binge watch  The Haunting of Hill House all weekend.
I'm watching BM "Hang the DJ" with a special someone. Should be good. Home cooked meal, relaxing out of the city.
Filming? As in making youtube videos?
Curious what you're doing!

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6182 on: December 02, 2018, 12:46:35 pm »
Filming? As in making youtube videos?
Curious what you're doing!

Yeah, there was the Incheon one I made last week.  I went to the soft opening of ArtMonster Brewery (winner of 5 golds out of 11 in Hong Kong Asia Beer Awards [also, best Korean Brewery] and another slew in Singapore a few weeks later) in Gangnam (third location) and did some filming on Thursday. Was going to interview the head brewer but he was busy so I'm going to the actaul brewery this Wednesday to do a longer form interview with him.

This is really cool because you could realistically argue that he's the best brewer in Asia at the moment. The awards don't stop coming for this guy and this is their second year of operation.

If you can find their Suda Sponsor (grapefruit IPA) or their Coffee Kolsch, please try them. This guy makes magic when he brews, Jesus.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #6183 on: December 05, 2018, 12:39:15 pm »
Surprise, surprise.

The kids are playing Queen songs during their free time. For once, I'm totally down with their music choices  ;D
The World Ends With You

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6184 on: December 05, 2018, 12:46:26 pm »
Surprise, surprise.

The kids are playing Queen songs during their free time. For once, I'm totally down with their music choices  ;D
give it a month and you'll never want to hear a queen song again, i guarantee

« Reply #6185 on: December 05, 2018, 01:06:23 pm »
Surprise, surprise.

Jesus, i remember when "MAMA MIA" was released here, 6 months of ABBA wherever you went, every shop blasting it into the street.  It get's old, very, very quickly!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #6186 on: December 05, 2018, 01:09:06 pm »
Surprise, surprise.

Jesus, i remember when "MAMA MIA" was released here, 6 months of ABBA wherever you went, every shop blasting it into the street.  It get's old, very, very quickly!

I went to a festival in a really small nearby town about 4 or 5 weeks ago, and this Korean lady sung Mama mia there. Over the sound system. :p

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6187 on: December 10, 2018, 08:46:30 am »
Ahhh, it's that time of year again. Students are begging for movies, but of course I'm the one that's not allowed to show them. Glad this semester is almost over. :blank:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6188 on: December 10, 2018, 08:53:28 am »
Today is exam roulette. Will or won't the Vice principal pull the trigger on an you can go home after lunch?!
Who is here in 2019?

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6189 on: December 10, 2018, 09:50:10 am »
Ahhh, it's that time of year again. Students are begging for movies, but of course I'm the one that's not allowed to show them. Glad this semester is almost over. :blank:

I will have that at my wednesday travel school. These students are really badly behaved too. I've even seen them break windows in other subject classes because the teacher tried to make them study.
My co-teacher here thinks that they WANT to study after exams >.>

My main school needs me to do sem 2 speaking tests, then we can do movie time in my classes.
My friday school, I can do movies though

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6190 on: December 10, 2018, 02:04:39 pm »
Gyeonggi Messenger Translation:

Please be careful.

The principal's father was in such a critical condition that he hurried to the hospital.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear about my death.

Jesus.....................
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #6191 on: December 10, 2018, 02:37:39 pm »

Please be careful.

The principal's father was in such a critical condition that he hurried to the hospital.

:huh:

That's about as bad as when my parents cat (same name as myself but spelled differently... yea, I know.. don't ask) had to be PTS and when we went to pick up her remains (cremation) the plaque had the spelling of my name on it.  Do you now weird it was picking up my own remains?! 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:40:39 pm by SeoulAlone »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6192 on: December 10, 2018, 02:45:37 pm »

Please be careful.

That's about as bad as when my parents cat (same name as myself but spelled differently... yea, I know.. don't ask) had to be PTS and when we went to pick up her remains (cremation) the plaque had the spelling of my name on it.  Do you now weird it was picking up my own remains?!

That would be weird

:'( My cat got PTS a couple days ago. :'(

« Reply #6193 on: December 10, 2018, 02:48:15 pm »

Please be careful.

That would be weird

oh man!  I'm so sorry! I seriously have the worst timing...  If I triggered you, I'm really, really, sorry!  I'm really sorry about your kitty.   :sad:  Hope you're doing okay.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6194 on: December 11, 2018, 03:26:13 pm »
One of the teachers in my office found a US penny on the floor near the room and asked if it was mine. I stopped carrying US currency since I came to Korea, so it's really weird to think about how it got there...  :undecided:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #6195 on: December 13, 2018, 01:14:10 pm »
Just found a couple of selfies that students sneakily took of themselves while I let them use my phone during the spring semester.

Now they'll be immortalized in my next ppt presentation.

I'm going to make one a fox and the other a rabbit.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6196 on: December 13, 2018, 01:20:53 pm »

Please be careful.

That would be weird

oh man!  I'm so sorry! I seriously have the worst timing...  If I triggered you, I'm really, really, sorry!  I'm really sorry about your kitty.   :sad:  Hope you're doing okay.

It's okay! :( I was pretty sad but, she was getting old, and was kind of expecting it to come at anytime really.
No one in the family could even remember how old she was haha.
All I know, is we got her while I was still in high school, and it's been about 11 - 12 years since I left HS haha.

But to share a funny story about my cat. I was watching a dvd in the living room of my parents place a few years ago with my dad. My dad was working on a jigsaw puzzle while watching the movie. He hits on a big bar stool when he does his jigsaw puzzle. My cat, went and pooped on the floor right by his foot, in such a stealthy way, that no one heard or saw her do it.
When my father got up to get something to eat or drink, his foot went right into the poo.

My dad wasn't happy at the time, but looks at it as a funny story now though haha.

« Reply #6197 on: December 14, 2018, 09:15:51 am »
It's okay! :( I was pretty sad but, she was getting old, and was kind of expecting it to come at anytime really.
No one in the family could even remember how old she was haha.
All I know, is we got her while I was still in high school, and it's been about 11 - 12 years since I left HS haha.

But to share a funny story about my cat. I was watching a dvd in the living room of my parents place a few years ago with my dad. My dad was working on a jigsaw puzzle while watching the movie. He hits on a big bar stool when he does his jigsaw puzzle. My cat, went and pooped on the floor right by his foot, in such a stealthy way, that no one heard or saw her do it.
When my father got up to get something to eat or drink, his foot went right into the poo.

My dad wasn't happy at the time, but looks at it as a funny story now though haha.

Sounds like she died old and content. Feel free to share more funny stories about your cat. :)

I had a dog that would tease my younger brother by taking his toys and hiding them from him. Like he would literally sit and watch my brother lay out all of his toys in their battle formations, and while my brother's back was turned this dog would grab one of the larger toys and sneak off with it, and stick it somewhere out of sight (but still pretty easy to find). Then he'd sit and wait for my brother to notice, and would take off running once my brother finally did (it was kind of their game, my brother would chase the dog first before looking for his toy -- the dog normally hid the toys in the same spots). 

I really miss having a pet around. They're great.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6198 on: December 14, 2018, 09:20:59 am »
i recently got a kitten. i love cats!

« Reply #6199 on: December 14, 2018, 10:12:33 am »
i recently got a kitten. i love cats!

Name of kitten?

If I ever get one I swear I'm going to name it Grandpa. Even if it's a girl. My family has forbidden it, so now only the lack of a cat will stop me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:31:06 am by Chinguetti »