Read 982927 times

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6000 on: October 22, 2018, 07:57:43 am »
My school is divided into two sides. One for all the girls, and one for all the boys. It creates a giant 'H' with the two main hallways. Both sides have restrooms for both genders, mind you. In my search for a restroom with toilet paper (good luck, right?) I stumbled into the boys bathroom on the girl's side. It's as if the Ajumma who cleans has never been to this one, because there were several atrocities I witnessed in there. The only clean stall was missing a toilet seat, and still no toilet paper in sight. :cry:

EDIT: Literally witnessed the VP using a urinal and leaving without washing his hands. This is the same guy that I high-five every morning. :blank:

I went back to this particular restroom today, just to see if things have improved. One of the urinals has not stopped flushing since last week, and 3 out of the 4 stalls are now clogged with poo.  4th toilet still has no seat. At this point, it's a health hazard, but I'm sure the ajumma must be doing her best to solve this problem!
The World Ends With You

• walrus
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 02:45:36 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #6001 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:07 am »
TGIF!!!

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6002 on: October 22, 2018, 08:36:40 am »
TGIF!!!
You may want to check your calendar, because I'm fairly certain that today is Monday. :sad:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6003 on: October 22, 2018, 08:37:54 am »
TGIF!!!

That girl in France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The joys of fauxtherhood

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6004 on: October 22, 2018, 09:23:35 am »

« Reply #6005 on: October 22, 2018, 09:51:16 am »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:10:43 am by kyndo »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ

« Reply #6008 on: October 22, 2018, 01:43:48 pm »
My wife and her friends went to a wedding in Daejeon at the weekend.  They don't meet up so often so decided to stay in the Lotte Hotel in Daejeon for a night.  On Sunday, she got woken up by the sound of water.  She looked in the bathroom and there was water pissing out from all light fittings and any gaps in the ceiling.  We're not talking dripping, we're talking an almost waterfall.  The hotel's reaction at the weekend was not satisfactory.  So I wrote the complaint email today with a copy of the video my wife took, but trying to find an email address online is almost impossible.   >:(

Damn. That's bad. Like, first off, the Lotte Hotels are branded and marketed as slightly fancy. Also, they are slightly better than what you'd get with your basic economy accommodation.

What was their reaction? If they offered anything less than a full refund, free stay voucher, or gift certificate equal to or greater than the cost of the room, that's totally unacceptable.

Fancy hotels should generally operate under the premise that if they screw anything up beyond like, a simple minor inconvenience, you shouldn't be paying for your room. Having a flooded bathroom definitely qualifies.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6009 on: October 22, 2018, 01:47:01 pm »
My wife and her friends went to a wedding in Daejeon at the weekend.  They don't meet up so often so decided to stay in the Lotte Hotel in Daejeon for a night.  On Sunday, she got woken up by the sound of water.  She looked in the bathroom and there was water pissing out from all light fittings and any gaps in the ceiling.  We're not talking dripping, we're talking an almost waterfall.  The hotel's reaction at the weekend was not satisfactory.  So I wrote the complaint email today with a copy of the video my wife took, but trying to find an email address online is almost impossible.   >:(

Damn. That's bad. Like, first off, the Lotte Hotels are branded and marketed as slightly fancy. Also, they are slightly better than what you'd get with your basic economy accommodation.

What was their reaction? If they offered anything less than a full refund, free stay voucher, or gift certificate equal to or greater than the cost of the room, that's totally unacceptable.

Fancy hotels should generally operate under the premise that if they screw anything up beyond like, a simple minor inconvenience, you shouldn't be paying for your room. Having a flooded bathroom definitely qualifies.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcho1

« Reply #6010 on: October 22, 2018, 01:59:25 pm »

Dang. That dude has some serious experience.

I wonder if he's actually competent, or if he's just been coasting for 30 years.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6011 on: October 22, 2018, 03:04:32 pm »

Dang. That dude has some serious experience.

I wonder if he's actually competent, or if he's just been coasting for 30 years.

Can't see it, due to not having linkedin. What happens? :o

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6012 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
it stuff like this which makes korea's defamation laws look ridiculous

"our hotel stay was very bad. water was spraying out of light fitting and the ceiling. the hotel's reaction was also very unsatisfactory"

"we are suing you for defamation!"

it's really no surprise their reaction was unsatisfactory. if you can't write an honest review about your stay, what incentive do they have to make sure you feel satisfactorily compensated?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6013 on: October 22, 2018, 04:39:30 pm »

It's basically a resume listing very extensive work experience. And I don't think you need to have linkedin to view pages: I don't and I can read it just fine.

Pic of overachiever's profile is in attachment.  :smiley:

The reason I sent it was so that you could ask him for a connection / send a complaint high enough up to the food chain to get action.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6014 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:16 am »
It's basically a resume listing very extensive work experience....
The reason I sent it was so that you could ask him for a connection / send a complaint high enough up to the food chain to get action.
You're right, I shouldn't have linked that. Apologies, I'll remove my post.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6015 on: October 23, 2018, 08:32:02 am »

actually, it gave me the "If you make a linkedin account, you can view pages for free!"
and there was no way to close it to see the actual link. :o
I'll check again and see if I can though.

EDIT: Yeah, same thing. It's trying to get me to sign up to view it.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6016 on: October 23, 2018, 08:38:07 am »

actually, it gave me the "If you make a linkedin account, you can view pages for free!"

Try linking to that site in Incognito, with a VPN, or after clearing your cache. Could be that cookies are messing up your ability to view the page?

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6017 on: October 23, 2018, 08:46:40 am »

Try linking to that site in Incognito, with a VPN, or after clearing your cache. Could be that cookies are messing up your ability to view the page?

Same with cache cleared and incognito mode. Too lazy, and don't care enough, to bother with a VPN though :p

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #6018 on: October 23, 2018, 08:54:15 am »

Same with cache cleared and incognito mode. Too lazy, and don't care enough, to bother with a VPN though :p

You won't be able to send a message or get contact info without an account.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6019 on: October 23, 2018, 09:23:29 am »

You won't be able to send a message or get contact info without an account.

Was only interested in reading the link was posted. I'm not sure what I'd need contact info or to send a message. :p