Read 1015372 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4080 on: September 22, 2017, 10:04:34 am »
There's a dress shop I walk by every so often that has its windows decorated with leaves. They're mostly bunched up in the corners in a docorative fashion but a few of them are placed to look like they're blowing gently through the wind.

Today I noticed they're marijuana leaves.

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #4081 on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:16 am »
On this note...why in the evening does my neighborhood always smell like someone lit up a doobie? lol

There's a dress shop I walk by every so often that has its windows decorated with leaves. They're mostly bunched up in the corners in a docorative fashion but a few of them are placed to look like they're blowing gently through the wind.

Today I noticed they're marijuana leaves.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

« Reply #4082 on: September 22, 2017, 11:25:29 am »
It's Friday and I am really bored.  I've had speaking tests all this week, exams next week, and then............................SUPER AMAZING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY WEEK!

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #4083 on: September 22, 2017, 11:41:15 am »
Dave, do you have to go in during exams?

It's Friday and I am really bored.  I've had speaking tests all this week, exams next week, and then............................SUPER AMAZING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY WEEK!

I'm similar.  During the term when I have loads to do, I'm really up for it and efficient.  Students have self-study this week, tests next week and then Chuseok.  I should be making the school newspaper on Publisher, I should write my seat plans for my students for after Chuseok, I have to check out and grade the new textbooks for next year, I should edit some articles for some other students, I should be checking out what to do in Kyushu in Chuseok, and if I was smart I'd do some night class planning for after Chuseok.  But here I am.....  That 'let's do it!' has gone this week.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #4084 on: September 22, 2017, 11:43:34 am »

I'm similar.  During the term when I have loads to do, I'm really up for it and efficient.  Students have self-study this week, tests next week and then Chuseok.  I should be making the school newspaper on Publisher, I should write my seat plans for my students for after Chuseok, I have to check out and grade the new textbooks for next year, I should edit some articles for some other students, I should be checking out what to do in Kyushu in Chuseok, and if I was smart I'd do some night class planning for after Chuseok.  But here I am.....  That 'let's do it!' has gone this week.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

Kyushuuuu yeahhh!! 

I'm fine tuning details for my next Japan trip and while slightly stressful it mostly makes me happy. 

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #4085 on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:21 am »
Me? Done.
Shouldn't you be planning your Nippon plan????

• denimdaze
  • Expert Waygook

• December 30, 2010, 04:46:58 pm
    • USA
« Reply #4086 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:25 pm »
I've got to find out what's going on with my school's internet security settings.  I can't access my email-the page loads, but the blue bar never goes across-& now I can't see or make comments on FB. 

My coT is gone for the day because the first graders went to see a movie.

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• Seoul
    more
« Reply #4087 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:53 pm »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #4088 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:36 pm »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Preferably Hiroshima style.  I am all about them noodles. 

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #4089 on: September 25, 2017, 11:40:30 am »
slaykey bowngtoo jew say yo
The joys of fauxtherhood

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #4090 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:18 am »

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

« Reply #4091 on: September 25, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Day turk errr jerbs....

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #4092 on: September 25, 2017, 01:49:21 pm »
Gee you gay = Eraser
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #4093 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:44 am »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Don't let Kimdoham find out about this for the love of...
Who is here in 2019?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #4094 on: September 26, 2017, 01:50:38 pm »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

You can get them at your local police station. Not expensive either.

• viennica
  • Adventurer

• March 12, 2013, 04:02:28 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #4095 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:32 pm »
If I have to hear "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" one more time, I will melt a la Wicked Witch.
Anyang Meet and Eat, our group of ridiculously fun people with a food problem. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334717196908236/

« Reply #4096 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:46 am »
CoTs keep dropping in to give me gifts for different things. They claim it wasn't planned, but I feel like there's a conspiracy afoot, and now I'm all like, "I NEED TO BUY THEM GIFTS, TOOOOOOOO! D8"

One of the gifts was really expensive.  :cry:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #4097 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:53 am »
CoTs keep dropping in to give me gifts for different things. They claim it wasn't planned, but I feel like there's a conspiracy afoot, and now I'm all like, "I NEED TO BUY THEM GIFTS, TOOOOOOOO! D8"

Regift!

« Reply #4098 on: September 28, 2017, 10:14:13 am »

Nice! I got some "Chuseok" gifts from the English dept yesterday, too. Socks and a blue edition of 'Go-Stop', which I was assured is very #rare and "famous" lol. As for the socks, they couldn't have come at a better time, actually. Was getting low in the wearable sock department.

And I don't feel too bad for not having any Chuseok gifts for them as I brought in a decent haul of sugary snacks from Costco last week  :azn:

« Reply #4099 on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:19 am »
Should I take a sleeping bag for immigration at the airport?
Who is here in 2019?