Read 958960 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3560 on: June 02, 2017, 10:52:42 am »
My co is getting a 4 day weekend but I'm not. I figure I'll just have a netflix day since I'll have the room to myself.

I really loved the new Pirates movie. Highly recommend it.

My main school gets a 4-day weekend, but my secondary school doesn't, and that's the school I'm at on Mondays and Tuesdays. ;c

@ Halo and wanderlust: Nice, thanks, I have something to look forward to. I've been excited about this movie for a while.

Not gonna lie, though, I would still go see it even if everyone told me it was the worst POS to come out this year. Because, **** it, I love Sparrow.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:05:17 am by Chinguetti »

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

• December 18, 2015, 01:33:06 am
« Reply #3561 on: June 02, 2017, 10:56:49 am »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Step 1) Get a Costco membership (if you have one skip to step 2 and perform the step twice)
Step 2) Buy 5 blocks of Costco cheese.

That should take you pretty close to your 100k limit.

• gideonvasquez
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2015, 08:42:34 am
    • Uisung - Gyeongbuk-do
« Reply #3562 on: June 02, 2017, 11:50:26 am »
I don't know why but today I have the strong urge to when saying "Hello!" follow up with "I'm Deckard Cain." I don't know why. I have also unconsciously started saying the "Hello!" in an increasingly older old-man voice.

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #3563 on: June 02, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »
I don't know why but today I have the strong urge to when saying "Hello!" follow up with "I'm Deckard Cain." I don't know why. I have also unconsciously started saying the "Hello!" in an increasingly older old-man voice.
Wirt is better.

« Reply #3564 on: June 02, 2017, 01:00:34 pm »
some bird shit on my arm while i was walking around after lunch :cry:

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #3565 on: June 02, 2017, 01:03:04 pm »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Step 1) Get a Costco membership (if you have one skip to step 2 and perform the step twice)

And then well above it, as you end up spending 200k every time you go to Costco.

I don't know, Waygook.org user Lurch - buy a blender? A good blender will take you far. Buy a nice coffee maker or French press and a few kgs of coffee?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I have need of that much cheese. And I already have a decent blender and I don't drink coffee (the wife's got a Gaggia espresso machine anyway.)

Whoa is me! Must I save my money?!?

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #3566 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »

Anytime I do something awesome, I will say "WHOA is me!"

hahahahahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #3567 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:41 pm »
Jamsil Toys-R-Us. Buy whatever your little heart desires 8)

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #3568 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:51 pm »

And then well above it, as you end up spending 200k every time you go to Costco.

I don't know, Waygook.org user Lurch - buy a blender? A good blender will take you far. Buy a nice coffee maker or French press and a few kgs of coffee?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I have need of that much cheese. And I already have a decent blender and I don't drink coffee (the wife's got a Gaggia espresso machine anyway.)

Buy a nice pair of jeans, or some new summer shoes. Do you have a decent pair of sunglasses?

Actually, only the shoes out of those three would be under 100k.

Buy yourself a nice bottle of wine.

Too hot for jeans. I have some great sunglasses. I'm holding off on the booze these days. Oh, and the shoes would also be over 100k because I have size 15 feet.

Useless! All of you!

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #3569 on: June 02, 2017, 01:26:12 pm »
Haha what? What is 'too hot for jeans'? It's never too hot for jeans.

I'm too hot naked in the shade these days. Hmm. Maybe I'll save my 100k for the inevitable oversized electricity bill from running the air conditioner. BOOORING!

« Reply #3570 on: June 02, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »

Buy a nice pair of jeans, or some new summer shoes. Do you have a decent pair of sunglasses?

Too hot for jeans. I have some great sunglasses. I'm holding off on the booze these days. Oh, and the shoes would also be over 100k because I have size 15 feet.

Useless! All of you!

I got you homie.  Here are several of my very own personal recommendations.  You are welcome.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #3571 on: June 02, 2017, 01:31:31 pm »

Well, you are not getting younger!

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #3572 on: June 02, 2017, 01:33:31 pm »
Haha what? What is 'too hot for jeans'? It's never too hot for jeans.

I'm too hot naked in the shade these days. Hmm. Maybe I'll save my 100k for the inevitable oversized electricity bill from running the air conditioner. BOOORING!

I think I'm desensitized to heat. My significant other and I don't even have an air conditioner in our apartment. And even when I'm in Thailand and Malaysia, a lot of the time I wear jeans, unless I'm at the beach or something.

I'm from a part of Canada where a hot summer's day is 25C and 30C is a rare torture. I've been here thirteen years so far and am thoroughly convinced that I'll never get used to it.

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #3573 on: June 02, 2017, 01:37:34 pm »

Useless! All of you!

I got you homie.  Here are several of my very own personal recommendations.  You are welcome.

Those are great! Nice to see someone's got some style around here.

« Reply #3574 on: June 02, 2017, 01:41:20 pm »

Ha! I bought the book that several of those images were taken from at an 알라딘 used book shop recently. (It predicted the selfie stick.) You might be able to find one yourself, Lurch, but it would only set you back ~8000 won.

« Reply #3575 on: June 02, 2017, 01:51:04 pm »

A Fitbit Charge HR. Thrive in the coolness. Then later spend an extra 200-300k won upgrading to another, more Inspector-Gadget-y Fitbit model.

A massager for your feet.

An ice cream maker. I mean it.

One of these.

A wireless mouse that isn't a piece of shit.

A wireless router that isn't a bigger piece of shit.

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #3576 on: June 02, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »

Get a cheap blender and 3 bricks of cheese and blend it into a cheese smoothie :)
Cheese is so versatile.
Cheese is great.
Long live cheese.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #3577 on: June 02, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »

I checked iHerb to see what kind of cheese product they could ship to you.

This was the winner:

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3578 on: June 02, 2017, 03:19:01 pm »
one of my fav things for around 100k is a coffee blender. then buy beans (they are cheap) from gmarket and enjoy fresh coffee every morning

http://item.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=694343112&pos_shop_cd=SH&pos_class_cd=111111111&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=coffee+beans&keyword_seqno=12135052983&search_keyword=coffee+beans

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• Chungju
« Reply #3579 on: June 02, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »

A Fitbit Charge HR. Thrive in the coolness. Then later spend an extra 200-300k won upgrading to another, more Inspector-Gadget-y Fitbit model.

A massager for your feet.

An ice cream maker. I mean it.

One of these.

A wireless mouse that isn't a piece of shit.

A wireless router that isn't a bigger piece of shit.

I love my marathon mouse. Your external link crashed my computer, but that's no surprise, it's a piece of garbage. I bought a new router literally last month. The old one was being ornery.

Whoever posted the Blue Cheese Sea Salt in a container with a magnetic base: I don't think I've ever needed something as much as I need that. Thank you!!

Whoever suggested coffee again: pay attention!