Read 1874 times

Re: Communication Between Genders
« Reply #100 on: Yesterday at 10:44:21 am »
I totally hear this. My last relationship ended up when this crazy black-haired girl with her big head decided to stab me in the forehead with a fork. I don't get what's up with women these days. The slightest thing you say causes them to flip out.  Besides her, I've had one that's stabbed me with a knife and another that threw hot coffee in my face in public. I'm not a bad guy, just honest and blunt. Its like people can't handle a breakup well. That's half the part of a relationship. It's just breakup, not like you were on a shipwreck where 50+ people died or something.

« Reply #101 on: Yesterday at 10:54:24 am »
I totally hear this. My last relationship ended up when this crazy black-haired girl with her big head decided to  stab me in the forehead with a fork. I don't get what's up with women these days. The slightest thing you say causes them to flip out.  Besides her, I've had one that's stabbed me with a knife and another that threw hot coffee in my face in public. I'm not a bad guy, just honest and blunt. Its like people can't handle a breakup well. That's half the part of a relationship. It's just breakup, not like you were on a shipwreck where 50+ people died or something.

i'm too dumb to figure out whether or not this is true, but it's hilarious either way. i've never experienced (nor seen) anything like this. i can only imagine...

« Reply #102 on: Yesterday at 11:04:25 am »
A lot of people in my life have been going through these things recently.

One of my friends is constantly having to deal with this creepy coworker with a beard that's chasing after her. When they eat together, he can't help but constantly stare at her, and its making her really uncomfortable. Other people have noticed too. The dude isn't shy and has told everyone how he feels. She doesn't know how to feel because although he is really over the top, he does seem to really fundamentally respect her. Recently she got promoted and he seemed genuinely thrilled at her unprecedented success. However, there was the potential for things to turn awkward, because she ended up sleeping with the guy who promoted her. Fortunately it seemed her obsessive pursuer didn't get possessive about it. He's since moved on, but she's now emotionally devastated because the guy she slept with left her to deal with some family issues and may not come back. Maybe she chose the wrong guy?

Then there's my friend who ended up hooking up with this immigrant girl. They were both pet owners and lovers (although I think she loved her pets more than he loved his) and that helped them bond. They ended up sleeping together and it even got to the point where they were wondering whether or not they could have a kid and who would work and who would stay at home. Unfortunately, something happened that caused their relationship to completely collapse all of a sudden and while the guy really loved and cared for her, he felt they just couldn't be lovers. Whenever she tried to kiss him, he'd just pull back. I think she lost her trust in him after that. Anyways, my friend ended up having some serious mental issues and since they're still around each other a lot, I worry about the potential for domestic violence. I tell you this, he better not do it around her pets because they could seriously eff him up.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:17:23 am by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #103 on: Yesterday at 11:15:41 am »
What are you tossing on about?

Please go back to defending Korea or Trump.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #104 on: Yesterday at 11:20:50 am »
I totally hear this. My last relationship ended up when this crazy black-haired girl with her big head decided to stab me in the forehead with a fork. I don't get what's up with women these days. The slightest thing you say causes them to flip out.  Besides her, I've had one that's stabbed me with a knife and another that threw hot coffee in my face in public. I'm not a bad guy, just honest and blunt. Its like people can't handle a breakup well. That's half the part of a relationship. It's just breakup, not like you were on a shipwreck where 50+ people died or something.

I'm like you in this regard, it seems music is the only medium through which I can express sensitivity and in real life, I'm pretty honest and blunt. Still, is that any reason to pour REALLY hot chocolate over my head after I told her she should probably call before coming over (was writing an essay)? I couldn't contain my laughter for my friend though, guy was a real sneaker head and spent years and thousands of dollars building his collection. Of course, the ex cut up one shoe from each of his pairs. She didn't stop there, she'd also cut all his nice clothes right down the middle... I dunno, maybe she was trying to symbolize the better half leaving?

If I'm going to generalise, I'd say guys struggle with rejection when trying to get the girl and girls struggle with rejection when they have the guy.

• debbiem89
  • Super Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #105 on: Yesterday at 11:29:31 am »

I'm like you in this regard, it seems music is the only medium through which I can express sensitivity and in real life, I'm pretty honest and blunt. Still, is that any reason to pour REALLY hot chocolate over my head after I told her she should probably call before coming over (was writing an essay)? I couldn't contain my laughter for my friend though, guy was a real sneaker head and spent years and thousands of dollars building his collection. Of course, the ex cut up one shoe from each of his pairs. She didn't stop there, she'd also cut all his nice clothes right down the middle... I dunno, maybe she was trying to symbolize the better half leaving?

If I'm going to generalise, I'd say guys struggle with rejection when trying to get the girl and girls struggle with rejection when they have the guy.

Everyone struggles with rejection in both situations, it's unpleasant. No one should be acting like an asshole because of it though. Most of us at least try to be reasonable about it. 

I once had a guy threaten to kill himself unless I immediately changed my mind about breaking up. I had another throw out all my possessions from our shared home. In both situations it was just time to call it quits, no dramatic series of events or wrong doings on either part...still they couldn't handle the rejection (even though deep down they knew it wasn't right for them either).

I COULD  use these anecdotes to generalise....but I won't.  :)

« Reply #106 on: Yesterday at 11:34:43 am »
Gender communication problems aren't even always in romantic issues too. A family friend, a single mother, had problems relating to her son. No matter what problems he got into, she was always there right next to him. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the pain he was causing her. She would pray and pray for him, but nothing happened. The more she tried to help, the more trouble he would get into, supporting himself through criminal activity, which eventually got him killed.

Really sad story. People should look for stable relationships, even though dramatic ones are more exciting. It's better to take things slow and steady.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #107 on: Yesterday at 11:46:39 am »
It's just breakup, not like you were on a shipwreck where 50+ people died or something.
I dunno. I think that the term "shipwreck" is a pretty accurate description of a fair number of relationships that I've seen tank around me. :sad:

I'd say guys struggle with rejection when trying to get the girl and girls struggle with rejection when they have the guy.
It would make sense from a evolutionary standpoint: human males traditionally spend a disproportionate amount of energy finding mates, while human females benefit far more from keeping their mates around for longer periods of time. Being rejected asking for a date would show that you're bad at the former, while being rejected after having established a relationship that would be a failure with respect to the latter.

Everyone struggles with rejection in both situations, it's unpleasant. No one should be acting like an asshole because of it though. Most of us at least try to be reasonable about it. 
+1
Pride can be a terrible thing.

Anyway, I really can't relate with this discussion, 'cause all the relationships in my life have all been 100% perfect..  :lipsrsealed:  :wink:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:13:52 pm by kyndo »

• debbiem89
  • Super Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #108 on: Yesterday at 11:53:42 am »
Gender communication problems aren't even always in romantic issues too. A family friend, a single mother, had problems relating to her son. No matter what problems he got into, she was always there right next to him. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the pain he was causing her. She would pray and pray for him, but nothing happened. The more she tried to help, the more trouble he would get into, supporting himself through criminal activity, which eventually got him killed.

Really sad story. People should look for stable relationships, even though dramatic ones are more exciting. It's better to take things slow and steady.

Isn't that a TLC video..?

Does that count as strictly "gender communication" issues? I mean I know he was male and she female but the dynamic may just come down to parent and child, regardless of gender.

• Stefaneekaye
  • Adventurer

• August 31, 2018, 11:14:30 am
    • Dangjin, South Korea
    more
« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 02:30:56 pm »
A lot of people in my life have been going through these things recently.

One of my friends is constantly having to deal with this creepy coworker with a beard that's chasing after her. When they eat together, he can't help but constantly stare at her, and its making her really uncomfortable. Other people have noticed too. The dude isn't shy and has told everyone how he feels. She doesn't know how to feel because although he is really over the top, he does seem to really fundamentally respect her. Recently she got promoted and he seemed genuinely thrilled at her unprecedented success. However, there was the potential for things to turn awkward, because she ended up sleeping with the guy who promoted her. Fortunately it seemed her obsessive pursuer didn't get possessive about it. He's since moved on, but she's now emotionally devastated because the guy she slept with left her to deal with some family issues and may not come back. Maybe she chose the wrong guy?

Then there's my friend who ended up hooking up with this immigrant girl. They were both pet owners and lovers (although I think she loved her pets more than he loved his) and that helped them bond. They ended up sleeping together and it even got to the point where they were wondering whether or not they could have a kid and who would work and who would stay at home. Unfortunately, something happened that caused their relationship to completely collapse all of a sudden and while the guy really loved and cared for her, he felt they just couldn't be lovers. Whenever she tried to kiss him, he'd just pull back. I think she lost her trust in him after that. Anyways, my friend ended up having some serious mental issues and since they're still around each other a lot, I worry about the potential for domestic violence. I tell you this, he better not do it around her pets because they could seriously eff him up.

This was the uplifting shit I needed while reading this thread. Your friend who chose the wrong guy also seriously needs to learn how to let ink dry before turning to the next page in life. Just saying.

« Reply #110 on: Yesterday at 03:12:15 pm »
Yeah the whole thing really subverted my expectations.

In the case of my second friend, they really enjoyed Starbucks together and I don't think he can ever see another coffee cup without feeling regret over what could have been.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Gouda cheese Be Best cheese
« Reply #111 on: Today at 06:55:18 am »
There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting

And then it all went wrong...
Fiat voluntas tua- All that you want is allowed

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #112 on: Today at 08:11:21 am »
There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting

And then it all went wrong...

Oh yeah, all women are such angelic victims, particularly the ones who have half a dozen kids to get fat and watch T.V at the expense of the taxpayer... Where's the justice for them?
They don't even have a private masseuse.