Read 1301 times

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: My Korean friend watches US documentaries on LA race riots and "13th"...
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2020, 06:16:45 pm »
I give up. There is a difference between 1975 and 1980...just look at the sentencing projectís numbers. Itís not hard.

Iím using a source that has been verified to be correct and accurate, but you insist on using Wikipedia as your counter argument.

This is what I mean by people who absolutely refuse under any circumstances to get the point.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2020, 06:40:30 pm »
Look at the total number locked up in 1975 (including those in jail). It's just a hair under .5 mil.

Look at the total number locked up now.

It's a 4 or 5 fold increase, not a 10 fold increase.

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:29 pm »
I give up. There is a difference between 1975 and 1980...just look at the sentencing projectís numbers. Itís not hard.

Iím using a source that has been verified to be correct and accurate, but you insist on using Wikipedia as your counter argument.

This is what I mean by people who absolutely refuse under any circumstances to get the point.

it is truly not worth it, my dude

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2020, 07:05:47 pm »
tylerthegloob, apparently you are not grasping the numbers.

waygo0k is making a big mistake again.

don't let your ideology blind you.

factual inaccuracies should be corrected.

and people posting false information should be shamed.

how about this? - if you can show a ten fold increase within a 40 year time span i'll leave this forum for good. (be sure to look at the total incarcerated population).

oh, can't do it, can you?

why not?

because you are wrong.

any chance i can get you or waygo0k to stop posting for a bit as a result of losing a bet?

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2020, 04:13:08 am »
Sigh

ď There are 2.2 million people in the nationís prisons and jailsóa 500% increase over the last 40 yearsĒ

Prison population in 1980 = 400k
Prison population today = 2.2 million

5 fold increase...also known as 500%

The population in 1975 was about 200 million.  Today it is 330 million, not counting 40 million illegal immigrants. These populations also came from countries that aren't as compatible with the US as previous immigrant generations.
If you factor in the better technology for catching criminals like fingerprinting, and video cameras since the 70s then it makes complete sense.
Don't forget that in places like Chicago the clearance rate for murder is around 25% which means every year hundreds of murderers are allowed to go free every year.  I don't know what it is for other crimes but I would  be surprised if they are catching them.
So the prison population is much lower than it should be.

We still have a therapeutic prison system. I say we adopt Japan's prison system. Let's get em working 9-5.   That should be okay since democrats think that every country has a better system than ours.

Another important point is that all this crime is taking place in Democrat controlled cities.  It's quite inhumane for democrats to infringe on black constitutional rights by not allowing non-criminals to have guns in cities to defend themselves.

Black man kidnaps woman and make her watch Roots.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-man-forced-woman-watch-roots-racism-lessons-69044386
Bonzai!