Read 938 times

E-2 Visa and ARC card question
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »
Hello, I was recently hired in a school at the beginning of this month and Iím still a little confused about how E-2ís actually work. When I was let go from my previous job I assume that my previous boss canceled my E-2 so that I have to go to immigration office and renew it. But my current boss told me that I only have to go down to the immigration office just to renew my ARC card which expires in July 31. When I go to immigration do I have to do both, and if so how do I communicate that to the clerks working there since I assume they donít speak English.

Re: E-2 Visa and ARC card question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 03:21:13 pm »
Call immigration on 1345.  They have an English service.  Explain your situation and ask them your questions.  They should be able to sort you out.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »
Actually, when did your previous job finish?  And when did the new job start?  You are supposed to inform immigration within 14 days of any change of status.  Your new school should have taken you to immigration (or sent you there) with the required paperwork.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 06:17:52 pm »
They gave me the paperwork but I haven't really gotten around to doing it yet. I also had to go to the hospital first for some paperwork and was also told that I needed to bring my ARC card and my passport as well.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:26:51 am »
You need to get around to it within 14 days of your change of status, or immigration will fine you.