Read 2450 times

• lee233
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2012, 09:53:46 am
    • Korea
    more
Any love motel suggestions....... for my friend?
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »
So my friend will be coming from the US for a visit here in the beginning of July. She has heard about the infamous love motels of Korea, but I honestly don't know of any with mirrors everywhere, heart shaped beds, or what ever other oddities of the truly unique ones. My friend wants to visit both Busan and Seoul, both of which must have some pretty crazy spots, but, as I said, I don't have much experience with love motels. I did do a little searching and found some sites like this

http://seoulistic.com/just-for-fun/wacky-theme-love-hotels-getaways-in-korea/

this

http://www.mydestination.com/seoul/accommodation/311008/theme-design-motels

and this old gem

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=18842.0

but I would really like to hear from you guys as well. If you have any suggestions for the love motels I would definitely appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
If wishes were horses beggars would ride

• Hot6^
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 14, 2014, 02:46:01 pm
    • Bucheon
Re: Any love motel suggestions....... for my friend?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »
It all depends on how much you want to pay.

Usually they are all grouped together on one strip. They will have pictures of what the rooms look like. Just browse until you find one that suits your needs.

For the most part they are all the same.

What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 01:27:39 pm »
As a heads up, a lot of the nicer love motels have day rentals and night rentals.  So if you are staying for a few days, you may be paying double the fee. Just something to think of when searching.

• Timo
  • Super Waygook

• May 21, 2015, 02:47:36 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 01:36:42 pm »
There's a whole district of them near Haeundae in Busan.

Three tips:

1. Search 모텔 and scroll to wherever you want to go. Or alternatively, 모텔 Busan works in Google maps. This gives you an idea as to where they're all concentrated. As someone else mentioned, they tend to group together in little districts (usually around some saucy Noraebangs and place where you might find the need for a quick hotel).

2. There's a day and night service, so to speak. You can rent the room by the hour or overnight. They usually don't open up overnight bookings until 6pm or so (sometimes as late as 10pm!!), but if you're a confused looking foreign face they usually overlook this.

3.  Ask to see the room. Difficult if you don't know Korean, but even in my early days, 'Room see?' isn't difficult in Korean. This is by far the most important thing to do. If you don't ask, you'll get given any old room. Sometimes rooms STINK of smoke. It's really quite unpleasant. Go see the room, check it's clean and nice and don't be afraid to walk out and say no. They know you'll do this too, so you'll get shown a nice room and you can just be like 'Yes, this one please'.

One last thing, there's usually a premium for a 'VIP room'. If you're doing this only once, my advice is to pay the extra $10-20. It usually means a huge double jacuzzi bath, themed room, two queen beds, huge TV, two PCs that link up to the TV if you want to stream some netflix or whatever (the ones I had seen even had bittorrent installed).

Any more questions, feel free to PM.

• lee233
  • Super Waygook

• August 31, 2012, 09:53:46 am
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:33:36 pm »
There's a whole district of them near Haeundae in Busan.

Three tips:

1. Search 모텔 and scroll to wherever you want to go. Or alternatively, 모텔 Busan works in Google maps. This gives you an idea as to where they're all concentrated. As someone else mentioned, they tend to group together in little districts (usually around some saucy Noraebangs and place where you might find the need for a quick hotel).

2. There's a day and night service, so to speak. You can rent the room by the hour or overnight. They usually don't open up overnight bookings until 6pm or so (sometimes as late as 10pm!!), but if you're a confused looking foreign face they usually overlook this.

3.  Ask to see the room. Difficult if you don't know Korean, but even in my early days, 'Room see?' isn't difficult in Korean. This is by far the most important thing to do. If you don't ask, you'll get given any old room. Sometimes rooms STINK of smoke. It's really quite unpleasant. Go see the room, check it's clean and nice and don't be afraid to walk out and say no. They know you'll do this too, so you'll get shown a nice room and you can just be like 'Yes, this one please'.

One last thing, there's usually a premium for a 'VIP room'. If you're doing this only once, my advice is to pay the extra $10-20. It usually means a huge double jacuzzi bath, themed room, two queen beds, huge TV, two PCs that link up to the TV if you want to stream some netflix or whatever (the ones I had seen even had bittorrent installed).

Any more questions, feel free to PM.

Thanks Timo, I'll definitely let you know if I have any other questions. Btw you certainly seem both more knowledgeable and eloquent than your movies suggest :wink:
If wishes were horses beggars would ride

• daehanguk
  • Veteran

• March 06, 2015, 02:03:55 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »
A warning: The ones that rent by the hour are usually just used for that. So you will have a soundtrack of banging doors, banging, then more banging doors until 3 or 4 in the morning.

They generally aren't somewhere to go to get a good nights sleep, so be prepared to watch a lot of movies. At a loud volume. Or just join in with the noise. Whatever floats your boat.

• Timo
  • Super Waygook

• May 21, 2015, 02:47:36 pm
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 04:51:30 pm »
Following. My boyfriend is coming in August and I wanted to find some in Seoul/Busan as well.

No problems. I could suggest some, but I don't really remember names of any I've used: I just know the vague locations (dongs) and what they look like, so I doubt I'd be able to specifically name/recommend one.

Another thing to note, in case it makes a difference: There's 3 rates - weekdays and Friday/Saturday. Sometimes Saturday is even more expensive than Friday. Expect prices ranging from 50,000-60,000 weekday (depending on the room), and 60-100,000 at the weekend. I've seen some up at 120,000 on a Saturday (VIP/suite ofc).

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 09:44:29 am »
There's some mobile apps - 여기야, 야놀자 that lets you look at pictures of the rooms and gives rates. All in Korean of course. You can book as well but you have to register. They give locations though, so you can plug it into naver maps.