« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 02:03:10 pm »
*Applauds meepmoop* :laugh:

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: "I'm going to write a book about my time in Korea."
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:14 pm »
The only K-blog that was fresh, new, and with uniquely hilarious insights was "Expat Hell", which is lamentably now gone. All blogs about Korea must be judged by that one, and most fail. Still, writing is a creative and emotional outlet so to each their own.

It's still good to read http://www.expathell.com/

I also loved American in Korea. She was such a beautiful glorious self-titled sl*t. I loved her. http://sett.com/AmericaninKorea
And, I also found out that 'she' was actually apparently a 'he'.... a... I believe the adjective I'm looking for is fabulous, yes, a fabulous man, dahlin'.

Looks like expat hell is making a tentative comeback.

The blog entries were locked for a good while, but he's been re-releasing old ones a few at a time recently.

IIRC, shit went downhill for the site when he did a piece on the Korean Press' shenanigans in London when the president visited the queen.

As always, he hit the sweet spot with his writing...but one (or some) K-netizens didn't take too kindly to it and threatened to out his personal info, which prompted expat hell to put his blog on lock down, resulting in an invitation-only forum for regular posters and acquaintances.

I think American in Korea was two writers...one male and one female. Some of the posts specifically mentioned the writer's body parts that identified them as female...while other posts identified them as male.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 03:23:24 pm »
Dear Momdience,

Today, I took the KTX train to Seoul so I could visit Insadong~! Insadong is the most traditional part of Seoul; it's been literally untouched since America created Korea at the end of the Korean War. When you go to Insadong, you can see all kinds of traditional handcrafts and pieces of art, like $500 blouses and masks carved by traditional machines! Masks are really important in Korea because of dancing and ceremonies.

I went with my BEST FRIEND, Mina. She's Korean and I met her on the street when she handed me a bag of popcorn and asked me if I knew about Our Lord Jesus Christ. I was like OF COURSE I DO!!! LOL!!!! GOD is my everything! HE clearly led me to her! GOD thank YOU for YOUR guidance!! Mina is so great. She takes me to her church every day and all our church friends take pictures of me!

Mina took me to Insadong on the holiday of the Buddha's Left Nut Festival. I was like LOL pagans! Do nuts even grow in Korea? :D

Insadong was full of other waygookin [foreigners] who were trying to have an authentic Korean experience, full of ice cream and stuff that said Made in China (lol! what a wacky sense of humor! Ironic, like Alanis said, olololol!). I bought a very beautiful mask. I went to nearly every mask store in Insadong before I found one that was the MOST EXPENSIVE because I want a real, authentic mask! Then Mina and I had lunch. It must have been one of the most famous places in Insadong, because we ordered bulgogi [a kind of special beef dish] and it costs 20,000 won OMGosh! Mina said it's traditional that a waygookin [foriegner] pay for a Korean person's meal and souvenirs in Insadong, so I was like, OF COURSE!!!!! but actually it was pretty expensive. :( Oh, well, it's money i give to GOD for bringing me a friend like Mina!

On the KTX train home, Mina was really tired, so she just played with her phone and did Kakao Talk. I was so happy to be looking at the beautiful green mountains, which were covered in trees and were totally nothing like mountains you could see anywhere else! I am SO SO LUCKY to be in Korea! I wish Seoul was less expensive,though, especially now that Mina keeps asking me to tithe to her church. But I'm always happy to help a Korean person out, because I really need someone to talk to! And Jesus is Lord.

That's all for now. See you next time! Bai bai! [bye bye]!

Love and kimchi,
Meepmoop

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 03:28:58 pm »
Not once have I ever met anyone who said they were writing a book about their time in Korea. If I did I definitely wouldn't complain about it on the interwebs.

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
Not once have I ever met anyone who said they were writing a book about their time in Korea. If I did I definitely wouldn't complain about it on the interwebs.

yo dawg you keep not nailing this

• krissyboo75
  • Expert Waygook

• September 27, 2011, 01:01:39 pm
    • Gyeongsanbuk-do, South Korea
    more
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2015, 07:24:33 pm »
Dear Momdience,

Today, I took the KTX train to Seoul so I could visit Insadong~! Insadong is the most traditional part of Seoul; it's been literally untouched since America created Korea at the end of the Korean War. When you go to Insadong, you can see all kinds of traditional handcrafts and pieces of art, like $500 blouses and masks carved by traditional machines! Masks are really important in Korea because of dancing and ceremonies.

I went with my BEST FRIEND, Mina. She's Korean and I met her on the street when she handed me a bag of popcorn and asked me if I knew about Our Lord Jesus Christ. I was like OF COURSE I DO!!! LOL!!!! GOD is my everything! HE clearly led me to her! GOD thank YOU for YOUR guidance!! Mina is so great. She takes me to her church every day and all our church friends take pictures of me!

Mina took me to Insadong on the holiday of the Buddha's Left Nut Festival. I was like LOL pagans! Do nuts even grow in Korea? :D

Insadong was full of other waygookin [foreigners] who were trying to have an authentic Korean experience, full of ice cream and stuff that said Made in China (lol! what a wacky sense of humor! Ironic, like Alanis said, olololol!). I bought a very beautiful mask. I went to nearly every mask store in Insadong before I found one that was the MOST EXPENSIVE because I want a real, authentic mask! Then Mina and I had lunch. It must have been one of the most famous places in Insadong, because we ordered bulgogi [a kind of special beef dish] and it costs 20,000 won OMGosh! Mina said it's traditional that a waygookin [foriegner] pay for a Korean person's meal and souvenirs in Insadong, so I was like, OF COURSE!!!!! but actually it was pretty expensive. :( Oh, well, it's money i give to GOD for bringing me a friend like Mina!

On the KTX train home, Mina was really tired, so she just played with her phone and did Kakao Talk. I was so happy to be looking at the beautiful green mountains, which were covered in trees and were totally nothing like mountains you could see anywhere else! I am SO SO LUCKY to be in Korea! I wish Seoul was less expensive,though, especially now that Mina keeps asking me to tithe to her church. But I'm always happy to help a Korean person out, because I really need someone to talk to! And Jesus is Lord.

Love and kimchi,
Meepmoop

I actually spit out my drink lol bravo :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2015, 09:54:27 pm »
Dear Momdience,

Love and kimchi,
Meepmoop
absolutely hysterical. All I would have added would be a Lee Man-hee or Shinchonji reference and it would have been perfect

• Aqvm
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2012, 06:55:24 am
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 11:02:57 am »
Just need an awful pun for the name of meepmoopimmarobots' blog. It has to include either "Kimchi" our "Seoul".

My first thought was "Kimchi Jjigae (that means soup! ^^) for the Seoul" but I'm sure that's been done.

http://kimchijjigaethatmeanssoupfortheseoul.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:49:24 pm by Aqvm »

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 11:27:28 am »
holy crap, I love it!

But definitely needs a crappy Seoul pun.

Seoul kisses
DragonSeoul (and she could also be a secret dragon furry)
SeoulSeek
Down to My Seoul

e: I feel like her initials should spell out DMZ and she could get really emotional about it on the tour.

• Paul
  • Featured Contributor

• September 21, 2010, 10:28:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 11:33:52 am »
absolutely hysterical. All I would have added would be a Lee Man-hee or Shinchonji reference and it would have been perfect

Nah, that'd imply some degree of awareness of local events. A mere reference to that "friendly peace club I joined with the free taekwondo classes and gun salute lol" would be more apt.
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!