Read 1566 times

Last week a recruiter presented me with a potential job offer and asked if I would like to proceed with an interview. Within less than 24 hours I replied that the job looks good and gave them my available times for an interview (Which are extremely flexible).

Since then I have heard - nothing.

I did e-mail them about a day ago just saying that I my documents are ready and that I will be out of town for a few days but will still be free for an interview if the position is still available. Another 24 hours have passed and again, no reply.

The job offer was/is excellent in my mind, and had everything I wanted which is why I had my hopes up.

For the record I do have more than 1 recruiter, I've probably sent out over 25 e-mails though the majority have not gotten back to me. I am a "minority" (Not African-American) if that matters. 

Re: Recruiter not replying for days after presenting offer/interview
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 12:49:41 pm »
The recruiter probably filled the position, and had no other interest in you. Keep looking for recruiters, or, if you can time it up right, apply for a cushy EPIK position.

If it were me, I'd pay the prick no more mind. Antoher job offer will come along, and hopefully it'll come from someone who return emails.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »
You're just a number to a recruiter, a dollar sign. Maybe the employer liked someone better. If you are a minority it may be more difficult for the recruiter to easily find you a job (unfortunately).

Just gotta keep trying. I agree that the position was likely filled or something else happened such as a white person or female applied for the job also and you got put on the back burner.

• nermal
  • Veteran

• September 26, 2012, 08:07:32 am
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 02:04:18 pm »
My recruiter called in the middle of the night and left me a message about a position. By the time I had woken up the position was no longer available. Sometimes it happens just that quickly.

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 07:48:32 am »
If you are not in country then this will happen quite a bit. They favour face to face interviews.