Read 908 times

Leaving a job without a contract
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:49:10 am »
I hold an F4 visa was hired.at a hagwon without signing a contract since at the time I was still waiting for my CBC to arrive. I workedfor over two months and received one months pay already. I'm waiting to receive the second months pay before I inform management of my departure.

While I understand there would be no legal repercussions against me without a signed contract, I wonder if the payments I got could in any way be recollected by the hagwon. Could there be a case made that I have no right to receive payment without any proof of hours worked?

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: Leaving a job without a contract
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:06 am »
Once they pay you, there is nothing they can do to get the money back...other than suing you for something like fraud (he lied to us about his cbc).

If they take the legal route, they risk burning themselves for hiring an unvetted individual to teach children (no CBC, and not registered with the education office, pension office etc).

Re: Leaving a job without a contract
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:51:15 am »
I hold an F4 visa was hired.at a hagwon without signing a contract since at the time I was still waiting for my CBC to arrive. I workedfor over two months and received one months pay already. I'm waiting to receive the second months pay before I inform management of my departure.

While I understand there would be no legal repercussions against me without a signed contract, I wonder if the payments I got could in any way be recollected by the hagwon. Could there be a case made that I have no right to receive payment without any proof of hours worked?

Get your second months pay and vanish. I would not give them any kind of notice. If you give them 30 days you will be working for free for that time period.