Read 62073 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2018, 08:02:11 am »
I am also playing Magic the Gathering Arena, and I highly recommend you all try it.

It's free and has tutorials for learning. You get a good variety of cards and pre-made decks just for playing games. Each day they offer simple rewards for playing (and winning just gives you access to more rewards). You can make real purchases, but the rewards system gives you enough opportunity to earn in-game gold and gems and new cards/decks. You can also edit the decks and make your own once you learn how (with tutorials on this, too).

Note: It's only available with PC Windows at this time, and you need to be connected to play.

I used to play quite a bit of Hearthstone. How does it compare with that?

As someone who played MTG: Arena, it sucks since it left closed beta.
They removed a lot of the different packs you could use then.
I think it'll be better once they add more packs.

I guess, if you like MTG, you'll enjoy it.
If you haven't played MTG - It's a reasonably good card game. You can also unlock things just by playing MTG arena online - you can spend money to get things faster if you wish, but isn't needed.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2018, 08:03:52 am »
If you are a fan of the Harvest Moon genre there is an early access game called My Time at Portia that I have been playing recently. They are apparently nearing the end of main story line development so I might wait until they finish that to start it. The developers seem fairly responsive to the community's input which is nice. It's $19.99 plus tax on steam and I have already played 20 hours to get half way through the first year.

I bought that game earlier in the year, but haven't played it yet!
When I fired it up, I tried running it on my second screen, so I could play it while doing something else but, it didn't like that. :p
I'll probably put it on my laptop, and play it during deskwarming over winter break

« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2018, 08:07:41 am »
Not interested in Smash at all (am I the only one lol) but the Sega Genesis Classics collection also comes out on Friday for the Switch.

I know I can play all those games on an emulator but I'll probably pick it up.  Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkatron.  Need I say more  8)

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2018, 08:09:14 am »
Currently playing Darksiders 3.
It's incredibly buggy.
The combat system sucks in this one. It's more like dark souls, but not as good. You have a dodge, that is supposed to avoid an attack whenever you use it, but you still get hit 90% of the time when you use it. Unless you fight 1 enemy at a time. Then it usually works fine.

I guess, if you like dark souls and the first 2 dark siders, it's worth playing; if you liked the first 2 darksiders, but don't like dark souls; probably just worth reading about the storyline online and skipping this title.

• gideonvasquez
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2015, 08:42:34 am
    • Uisung - Gyeongbuk-do
« Reply #544 on: December 04, 2018, 10:29:03 am »
If you are a fan of the Harvest Moon genre there is an early access game called My Time at Portia that I have been playing recently. They are apparently nearing the end of main story line development so I might wait until they finish that to start it. The developers seem fairly responsive to the community's input which is nice. It's $19.99 plus tax on steam and I have already played 20 hours to get half way through the first year.

I bought that game earlier in the year, but haven't played it yet!
When I fired it up, I tried running it on my second screen, so I could play it while doing something else but, it didn't like that. :p
I'll probably put it on my laptop, and play it during deskwarming over winter break
Yeah, there were some issues with efficiency when I started a couple weeks ago. They recently (I think around the end of November) had a patch that fixed some of the issues they had. I couldn't run two screens at all from my laptop before it but now I can just about run some 480p youtube on a second screen. I expect that by the time most schools start winter vacation they will have released at least another content/bug fix patch.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 12:29:06 pm by gideonvasquez »

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2018, 10:43:32 am »
if anyone has a ps4, they are doing a flash sale right now.  picked up the zero escape games.  heard a lot of good things about it

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2018, 11:03:04 am »
oh, nice. anyone have any recommendations for games on sale? thinming about picking up
- shadow of mordor
- farcry 4
- the last of us

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2018, 12:49:57 pm »
oh, nice. anyone have any recommendations for games on sale? thinming about picking up
- shadow of mordor
- farcry 4
- the last of us

The last of us is pretty decent. I forgot to check out the DLC for it though!

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #548 on: December 04, 2018, 01:00:13 pm »
- shadow of mordor
- farcry 4
- the last of us

All of those are great games, though if you had to skip one, I wouldn't pick up Far Cry 4.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #549 on: December 04, 2018, 01:38:04 pm »
last of us.

also i messed up.  the flash sale ended yesterday :( sorry

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »
Still playing and enjoying Fallout 76, despite the internet's loud and persistent assurances that I'm not supposed to like it because it's objectively bad.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2018, 02:06:02 pm »
Still playing and enjoying Fallout 76, despite the internet's loud and persistent assurances that I'm not supposed to like it because it's objectively bad.

To me, the biggest issue with it is a) the fact that the game still has the same glitches and problems from Fallout 4 and b) Bethesda's response to the collector's edition controversy.

I don't doubt it can be a fun game (it is Fallout, after all), but there is some blatant laziness going on with Bethesda
The World Ends With You

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• SK
« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2018, 02:09:20 pm »

To me, the biggest issue with it is a) the fact that the game still has the same glitches and problems from Fallout 4

Yeah, for FO4 they were able to just tell themselves "meh, modders will fix it," but they're playing the mod-free online game crowd now. For the first time, they're actually going to have to fix their own sh!t. It'll be interesting to see if they're up to the task.  :laugh:

And for what it's worth, they're making canvas bags for the people who complained. Too little too late for some, I'm sure, but they're listening and trying to make things right.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2018, 02:23:30 pm »
last of us.

Ah really. Do they do Christmas sales like steam? Those games are on sale, though, so I'll probably still pick them up

« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2018, 02:27:00 pm »
last of us.

Ah really. Do they do Christmas sales like steam? Those games are on sale, though, so I'll probably still pick them up

yeah there should be a christmas sale or a new years sale.  if you can hold out for a couple of more weeks you might be able to still snag some deals. 

« Reply #555 on: March 28, 2019, 08:54:32 am »
I wanted to buy a PS4 to play God of War and Spiderman but I resisted.  Then I wanted to buy a PS4 to play Red Dead but I resisted again.

I really really want to play Sekiro so I guess I should just buy a PS4  :laugh:

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #556 on: March 28, 2019, 08:59:06 am »
I wanted to buy a PS4 to play God of War and Spiderman but I resisted.  Then I wanted to buy a PS4 to play Red Dead but I resisted again.

God of War is pretty decent. I didn't get spiderman, mostly because of paid, day 1 DLC, at launch, and that isn't a practice I want to support.
I never got red dead though, but I probably will soon. :P
The resident evil 2 remake is really good too. It's actually pretty freaky, and the gore level is great! :D

Currently, I'm playing Octopath traveller, and playing old school runescape (for a nostalgia fix :P ) and it's great I can afk level on runescape :p (cause fishing sucks haha)

« Reply #557 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:48 am »

God of War is pretty decent. I didn't get spiderman, mostly because of paid, day 1 DLC, at launch, and that isn't a practice I want to support.
The resident evil 2 remake is really good too. It's actually pretty freaky, and the gore level is great! :D

Currently, I'm playing Octopath traveller, and playing old school runescape (for a nostalgia fix :P ) and it's great I can afk level on runescape :p (cause fishing sucks haha)

Lol nice!  So many games, so little time haha.

I only finished the demo of Octopath and always think about trying the full game.  How are you finding it?  My current nostalgia fix is the Turok remake for the Switch  8)

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #558 on: March 28, 2019, 09:23:39 am »

Lol nice!  So many games, so little time haha.

I only finished the demo of Octopath and always think about trying the full game.  How are you finding it?  My current nostalgia fix is the Turok remake for the Switch  8)

If you get the full game for octopath traveller, I recommend playing it in small, infrequent doses. like, play for an hour, take a break, come back after a bit, etc. The characters storyline stuff is really great, however, travelling between towns and stuff is boring, the paths between towns are pretty much the same, and there isn't a big variety of monsters.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• SK
« Reply #559 on: March 28, 2019, 09:50:16 am »
On a whim I went out an bought a Switch a couple weeks ago. I picked up Mario Odyssey, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Katamari Reroll, and Yomawari with it. I'm telling myself I won't buy any more games until I've beaten all of those, so I don't end up with a stack of games resembling my absurd Steam queue  :laugh:.

I beat Mario, Zelda, and Katamari already, but rather than start Yomawari, I started another playthrough of Zelda, haha. When I've gotten around to beating Yomawari, I think I'll grab Fate/Extella. I've recently gotten lost down the Fate anime rabbit hole, so I might as well add some gaming to the festivities.