Read 62410 times

• Sasstiel
  • Adventurer

• March 06, 2018, 11:11:05 am
    • Daegu (aka hell)
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #480 on: April 24, 2018, 02:30:55 pm »
I've lost my boyfriend to a mix of X-COM and Far Cry 5.

I swear the next time he creates a video-game-me and then gets her killed (which leads to a rage-quit/restart), I'm going to throw the playstation.

Not really. But I might throw a pillow at him.
I'm funnier in Enochian.

• Kwai_Chang_Kain
  • Veteran

• April 29, 2013, 08:22:03 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2018, 12:34:00 pm »
Been playing This is The Police casually for the past couple of weeks, it can get repetitive after awhile but it's the kind of game where you can logoff for an hour or so and then come right back to. Solving the investigations has been my favorite part of the game by far.
"Have you seen what the sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the dark side."

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2018, 03:12:39 pm »
I've lost my boyfriend to a mix of X-COM and Far Cry 5.

I swear the next time he creates a video-game-me and then gets her killed (which leads to a rage-quit/restart), I'm going to throw the playstation.

Not really. But I might throw a pillow at him.

Boyfriends only play video games when you aren't playing with them.

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
« Reply #483 on: May 02, 2018, 02:16:18 pm »
I stopped watching SC2 after the Life scandal. He was my Zerg lord and savior. I honestly think he will probably the best player to ever have played Zerg in SC2, possibly best of any race in SC2. His muta/bane/ling micro was unparalleled. Watching SC2 kind of lost its luster after his debacle (at least for me as Zerg).

I'm back on my For Honor grind these days, while also dabbling in Ark with my friends from the States.

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #484 on: May 02, 2018, 02:19:01 pm »
Get on the Brood War bandwagon my dude  8)

Last night's games were insanely good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uXbRfYeDZY. ASL semifinals start this Sunday  ;D
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2018, 02:20:56 pm »
Just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Deus Ex is the greatest video game ever made and I am pumped to play this.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2018, 02:27:13 pm »
Just got the Platinum for God of War. It's finally time to start Ni no Kuni II!
The World Ends With You

• ESLTurtle
  • Super Waygook

• October 25, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2018, 02:37:44 pm »
1. League of Legends
2. God of War
3. Tinder

• dippedinblush
  • Veteran

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2018, 09:07:38 pm »
Is anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?  I just got it a week ago and it is like crack.  I'm only level 13 but I'd love to have some friends.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2018, 09:35:07 am »
Is anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?  I just got it a week ago and it is like crack.  I'm only level 13 but I'd love to have some friends.

I own it, but I stopped playing it awhile ago. It was fairly enjoyable, but having to wait 6 hours or something to learn a new crafting recipie seemed a bit, silly, to me. I like to plow through crafting stuff, so this put me off it haha.

I recently finished the new God of War - I have nothing nice to say about the valkyrie queen fight though. Whoever made the mechanics for it, I wish for nothing but misfortune upon them. I had to go from the hardest difficulty, to the easiest difficulty, and I was STILL getting destroyed by her >.< I almost broke my ps4 controller while trying to beat her.

I've mostly been playing Overwatch again, and got back into Old School Runescape, for a nostalgic buzz. :P

• profporkchop
  • Adventurer

• February 13, 2018, 02:04:36 pm
    • Mcminnville, OR
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2018, 10:16:41 am »
For my MMO fix, I'm playing trove. (or champions online)

for my phone game fix, im playing danmachi memoria freesia

for just puttering around pc games, its skyrim, dungeons of dredmore and the Binding of Isaac

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2018, 10:30:21 am »

I recently finished the new God of War - I have nothing nice to say about the valkyrie queen fight though. Whoever made the mechanics for it, I wish for nothing but misfortune upon them. I had to go from the hardest difficulty, to the easiest difficulty, and I was STILL getting destroyed by her >.< I almost broke my ps4 controller while trying to beat her.

She was mainly just a combination of all the previous valkyries, but still a big pain because of her ridiculous damage (Good luck surviving if she grabs you). I admired it though, as that fight puts everything you learned to the test and felt much more satisfying than the games actual final boss.
The World Ends With You

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2018, 12:39:50 pm »

She was mainly just a combination of all the previous valkyries, but still a big pain because of her ridiculous damage (Good luck surviving if she grabs you). I admired it though, as that fight puts everything you learned to the test and felt much more satisfying than the games actual final boss.

Yeah, and good luck avoiding her when she does her valhalla move >.< It was literally doing close to half my hp each time (when I was playing on the harder difficulty).
I literally had no problems with the normal valk's. But the queen. After 3 - 4 days of getting destroyed by her, I had to switch down to the easiest difficulty, and it still took about 4 hours to beat her. and on the easiest difficulty, the valhalla move barely done 1/8th of my hp in damage...

It's super luck based avoiding the valhalla attack, and there are some melee combo's she does which will always hit you on the 3rd strike even if you block / dodge. The were times where, it looked like I had avoided it, only to end up being hit. And times it should have hit me, where it missed. (could have been a bug) - but I was streaming it, for a friend of mine (he likes games but rarely plays them), and even he was saying "How the F^&* did that hit you?!"

Beating her wasn't really satisfying for me: it was more of a feeling of: Thank F%^& that stupid, overpowered, PoS boss is finally beaten. I never want to battle the valk queen in that game again. TBH, she is one of the very few things I hate about the game >.<

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #493 on: May 31, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »

Yeah, and good luck avoiding her when she does her valhalla move >.< It was literally doing close to half my hp each time (when I was playing on the harder difficulty).
I literally had no problems with the normal valk's. But the queen. After 3 - 4 days of getting destroyed by her, I had to switch down to the easiest difficulty, and it still took about 4 hours to beat her. and on the easiest difficulty, the valhalla move barely done 1/8th of my hp in damage...

It's super luck based avoiding the valhalla attack, and there are some melee combo's she does which will always hit you on the 3rd strike even if you block / dodge. The were times where, it looked like I had avoided it, only to end up being hit. And times it should have hit me, where it missed. (could have been a bug) - but I was streaming it, for a friend of mine (he likes games but rarely plays them), and even he was saying "How the F^&* did that hit you?!"

Beating her wasn't really satisfying for me: it was more of a feeling of: Thank F%^& that stupid, overpowered, PoS boss is finally beaten. I never want to battle the valk queen in that game again. TBH, she is one of the very few things I hate about the game >.<

The Valhalla move? Is that when she readies up her weapon before slamming it on the ground? If it's the one I'm thinking of, Atreus' arrows can be used to interrupt it. I had struggled against a Valkyrie with the same move for a while before figuring it out.

Either way, I had made sure to have the best armor in the game and full upgraded weapons before doing that fight (and it was still a challenge, mind you)
The World Ends With You

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #494 on: May 31, 2018, 01:02:44 pm »

The Valhalla move? Is that when she readies up her weapon before slamming it on the ground? If it's the one I'm thinking of, Atreus' arrows can be used to interrupt it. I had struggled against a Valkyrie with the same move for a while before figuring it out.

Either way, I had made sure to have the best armor in the game and full upgraded weapons before doing that fight (and it was still a challenge, mind you)

She kinda jumps up and disappears, then slams down on top of you, if it connects, you end up on the ground and she kicks you in the face a few times. I call it the valhalla move, because the normal valk it comes from yells: "VALHALLA!" when she uses it. The queen doesn't say anything.

Yeah, I had upgraded everything to max myself. Grinding out the last few things I needed from the fire area was annoying, same with the mist place haha.

• eujunseo
  • Veteran

• April 06, 2018, 10:53:01 pm
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2018, 02:52:49 am »
Not playing any games currently, I need to get revising for the mock exam.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #496 on: June 20, 2018, 09:43:44 am »
I just finished getting the platinums for Ni no Kuni 2 and A Way Out recently. Both were enjoyable.

With E3 news, Cyberpunk 2077 is looking like a mix of Deus Ex and The Witcher, so it's time to replay both of them!

These next two years are looking exciting  ;D
The World Ends With You

« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2018, 09:50:45 am »
I just finished getting the platinums for Ni no Kuni 2 and A Way Out recently. Both were enjoyable.

With E3 news, Cyberpunk 2077 is looking like a mix of Deus Ex and The Witcher, so it's time to replay both of them!

I just built a computer and I'm playing The Witcher 3 for the first time. I'm loving it so far.

And I'm super excited for Cyberpunk 2077! But... the recent Deus Ex games disappointed me (especially Mankind Divided). DX1 is still the GOAT.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #498 on: June 20, 2018, 10:38:56 am »

I just built a computer and I'm playing The Witcher 3 for the first time. I'm loving it so far.

And I'm super excited for Cyberpunk 2077! But... the recent Deus Ex games disappointed me (especially Mankind Divided). DX1 is still the GOAT.

Mankind Divided is actually the only one I've played, and I loved it! So if you're saying that previous ones were better, then I've been missing out!
The World Ends With You

« Reply #499 on: June 20, 2018, 12:05:34 pm »

Mankind Divided is actually the only one I've played, and I loved it! So if you're saying that previous ones were better, then I've been missing out!

I liked Human Revolution. The original was made in 2000, so the graphics and some gameplay stuff doesn't translate, but I still play it sometimes. I think I've played it all the way through 9 or 10 times now. The main character is different and world is pretty different than in MD, but the story is great (it's a sort of ridiculous combination of popular conspiracy theories). MD felt like half a game to me, at least compared to the others. If you like Jensen and his world, I'd definitely recommend checking out Human Revolution.

That said, I am pretty biased. DX1 is on a lot of "best games of all time" lists and it's definitely my favorite game of all time (up there with Half-Life 2 and StarCraft).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:07:42 pm by tylerthegloob »