Read 62417 times

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2017, 09:43:18 am »
i only have a nintendo switch, but i hope they eventually port over similar games

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

• December 18, 2015, 01:33:06 am
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2017, 10:07:45 am »
I may have been expecting a gwok over a kupo, haha.

IX is by and large my favorite game though.
couldn't remember what they say, ha. you can get all the PS1 FF games (7-9) on steam now. even the remastered FFX/FFX2. much prefer that over downloading and playing them on a dodgy emulator

You can get the 1-6 gba remakes (well real 3 is on ds) too. I think 3 is on steam too? They all got released on mobile too but I've been playing then on my phone's shady emulator cuz they have simple enough 2D controls. 7 and up could be awful to emulate. That's why I got an OUYA so I could emulate easier. Too bad its a failed console :P

How was the OUYA for emulating though?  That was the only reason I considered getting one, hahah.

It was actually really good. I mostly used it for N64 games since that's like the ONE console I don't have. The issue I had was that it had no expandable memory when it came out. So I had to upload my games to dropbox and play then from there which got annoying. They eventually upgraded it so you can use USB memory but it took a while. You could sync playstation and xbox controllers to it which makes it good for emulating those games.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2017, 10:33:06 am »

couldn't remember what they say, ha. you can get all the PS1 FF games (7-9) on steam now. even the remastered FFX/FFX2. much prefer that over downloading and playing them on a dodgy emulator

You can get the 1-6 gba remakes (well real 3 is on ds) too. I think 3 is on steam too? They all got released on mobile too but I've been playing then on my phone's shady emulator cuz they have simple enough 2D controls. 7 and up could be awful to emulate. That's why I got an OUYA so I could emulate easier. Too bad its a failed console :P

How was the OUYA for emulating though?  That was the only reason I considered getting one, hahah.

It was actually really good. I mostly used it for N64 games since that's like the ONE console I don't have. The issue I had was that it had no expandable memory when it came out. So I had to upload my games to dropbox and play then from there which got annoying. They eventually upgraded it so you can use USB memory but it took a while. You could sync playstation and xbox controllers to it which makes it good for emulating those games.

Ooo maybe I can get one on the cheap sometime.  I'd like to be able to emulate SNES and N64 and be able to play multiplayer-- I've been through like 3 SNESs in my life and the family N64 is on the fritz.  To get those systems again is a bit of an expensive gamble since you never know how much life it's got left.  I've still got the SNES bodies in case I have time in the future to tinker with and hopefully fix them. 

Also I didn't hear good reviews on the Ouya controller so it's nice to know that other controllers can sync up with it. 

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #363 on: April 07, 2017, 10:39:56 am »

'FFIX' and 'favourite' together in the same sentence? O.o

It's still on my backlog but plenty of people love it and insist it's the best one.  For me thus far, 'favourite' and 'FFIV' go together.

FFIV was decent. Personally, I can't really stand FFIX. There are things about it I like but, I hated most of the characters (except for Vivi), the card game was terrible (especially after you have played 8s card game), some of the chocobo stuff was fun too.
It's worth playing if you love the main title FF games, I guess, however, you could just as easily skip it without missing out on much. IMO. However, everyone is different and all that. :P

Me and my best friend, whenever we talk about FF games, it always leads to a fight between us, because he loves 9, and I can't stand it. :P

My favourite FF villian is definitely X-death from FF5 though. I love how he is trying to destory everything, including himself, but hate how he was just an evil tree or something stupid haha. Sephiroth is still my favourite based on looks.

You can also get all / most of the FF titles from the PSN store too!

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2017, 10:50:57 am »
Should also probably mention that I've only played FFIV, FFVI, and FFVII, hahah.  I love FFVII but the nostalgia of SNES games just gets me. 

I've thought about investing in a PS3 or something where I can download from PSN but I've still got my PS1 kicking.  Something to think about for the future though.  I hear they're pretty cheap in Korea

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2017, 11:02:18 am »
Should also probably mention that I've only played FFIV, FFVI, and FFVII, hahah.  I love FFVII but the nostalgia of SNES games just gets me. 

I've thought about investing in a PS3 or something where I can download from PSN but I've still got my PS1 kicking.  Something to think about for the future though.  I hear they're pretty cheap in Korea

Check the Busan game/console exchange facebook group. There are usually cheap ps3s there. It's Korea-wide too, not just Busan.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #366 on: April 07, 2017, 11:08:08 am »

I've played all the main series FF titles except for XIII-2 + lightning returns, and XII-2, I think :o

I never owned a SNES. I still enjoy playing some old titles from the old consoles from time to time though, to see some of the games I missed out on at the time. :P

I think getting a ps3 would be a good idea. :D Just remember, each region has different games that you can get access to via the PSN. An Asia region account has access to A LOT of ps1 / 2 classics. NA gets access to a lot, but it's less than Asia. Oceania (my region) doesn't really have a big collection. :( I haven't checked the PSN in a while though.
However, thanks to the humble bundle, I now have darksiders 2, I wanted to play that at launch, but couldn't afford it at the time, then forgot about it. :P

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2017, 11:15:46 am »

I've played all the main series FF titles except for XIII-2 + lightning returns, and XII-2, I think :o

I never owned a SNES. I still enjoy playing some old titles from the old consoles from time to time though, to see some of the games I missed out on at the time. :P

I think getting a ps3 would be a good idea. :D Just remember, each region has different games that you can get access to via the PSN. An Asia region account has access to A LOT of ps1 / 2 classics. NA gets access to a lot, but it's less than Asia. Oceania (my region) doesn't really have a big collection. :( I haven't checked the PSN in a while though.
However, thanks to the humble bundle, I now have darksiders 2, I wanted to play that at launch, but couldn't afford it at the time, then forgot about it. :P

YOU NEED TO PLAY XII-2! It's really fun. The story is meh, but the game play is good. It's more of a strategy RPG. I played it at least 3 times all the way through XD

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2017, 11:46:40 am »

YOU NEED TO PLAY XII-2! It's really fun. The story is meh, but the game play is good. It's more of a strategy RPG. I played it at least 3 times all the way through XD

I heard they just announced a XII / XII-2 remaster. If it's true, I will probably pick it up. :D

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2017, 11:49:51 am »
The game I'm thinking about starting tonight, is a game called: Dying light.

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2017, 11:58:07 am »

I heard they just announced a XII / XII-2 remaster. If it's true, I will probably pick it up. :D

Nice! I didn't know reverent wings was gunna be included in the remaster. The gameplay relied a lot on the DSs touch screen so it'll be interesting to see how they do that for ps4. Vita would be easy enough for it tho... And god knows the Vita could use another game or 30.....

• Skyehawks
  • Featured Contributor

• January 29, 2016, 08:36:35 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2017, 12:02:02 pm »
LoL on the Korean server... That is about it for me (if you play on Ko server pm me..... looking for friends to play with)

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2017, 12:11:48 pm »

Nice! I didn't know reverent wings was gunna be included in the remaster. The gameplay relied a lot on the DSs touch screen so it'll be interesting to see how they do that for ps4. Vita would be easy enough for it tho... And god knows the Vita could use another game or 30.....

Might have just been the original FFXII that is getting remade. I haven't read anything official, my information is second hand from friends. :P

FFXII-2 is a DS title? :O (probably why I never heard of it haha)

• gprinziv
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2017, 10:47:15 am
    • Sangju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
« Reply #373 on: April 07, 2017, 12:25:43 pm »

Yeah, the rereleases on steam are solid. I have the entire series on my Vita, up to X/X-2.

Yep! Just beat it for the 5th time recently! Slow combat and less rewarding card game aside, I personally think the game is a masterpiece. I love the aesthetic style, the themes, the story, the background art, oh my gid the MUSIC, and I actually like the 'main' cast quite a bit. Steiner, Dagger, Vivi, and Zidane all get very satisfying arcs and are well written. I also enjoy the pacing of the actual game and the stricter class typing of the characters.

Second favorite ff is tied between XII IZJS and VI.

And my heart breaks just thinking about the BLM Village.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #374 on: April 07, 2017, 12:37:27 pm »
I did also play most of FFX (but I don't necessarily include it since I didn't make it to the ending, though I imagine I was somewhat close, maybe 3/4 through?).  For some reason I had a difficult time getting into it and caring for the characters.  I was surprised at feeling this way because some of my friends love FFX and usually I dig RPGs and FF in general. 

Not sure what happened  :undecided: :sad:

(I do dislike the way Tidus' character was written and hated his English-speaking voice but I didn't quit the game just because of him)

I was a fan of the battle system (fluidly switching characters in and out w/o losing a turn) and the leveling up grid system though. 

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2017, 12:43:20 pm »

Yeah, the rereleases on steam are solid. I have the entire series on my Vita, up to X/X-2.

Yep! Just beat it for the 5th time recently! Slow combat and less rewarding card game aside, I personally think the game is a masterpiece. I love the aesthetic style, the themes, the story, the background art, oh my gid the MUSIC, and I actually like the 'main' cast quite a bit. Steiner, Dagger, Vivi, and Zidane all get very satisfying arcs and are well written. I also enjoy the pacing of the actual game and the stricter class typing of the characters.

Second favorite ff is tied between XII IZJS and VI.

And my heart breaks just thinking about the BLM Village.

TBH, I never thought of combat being slow in 9. It felt on par with the others. Music is always tend to be pretty good in a FF title. I don't mind the stricter class typing of the characters either. For me, how much I enjoy / hate a FF game, largely depends on 'main cast'. I can't stand any of the characters except for Vivi / Quina - while I think Quina is a stupid character, I do find him hilarious.
It's the same reason I put 10 lower on my liking list too. I can't stand anyone except for Auron, and Kimari is pretty okay too.

Obviously, with each title there are things I will like / dislike, storylines tend to be great with each, art / graphics always tend to be pretty good for their times, etc.
I tend to like the strong, but emotionally distant, sword user type main characters: Cloud and Squall are good examples of this. I will generally enjoy the game less if I don't like the main character + a lot of the main cast.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #376 on: April 07, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »
I did also play most of FFX (but I don't necessarily include it since I didn't make it to the ending, though I imagine I was somewhat close, maybe 3/4 through?).  For some reason I had a difficult time getting into it and caring for the characters.  I was surprised at feeling this way because some of my friends love FFX and usually I dig RPGs and FF in general. 

(I do dislike the way Tidus' character was written and hated his English-speaking voice but I didn't quit the game just because of him)

I was a fan of the battle system (fluidly switching characters in and out w/o losing a turn) and the leveling up grid system though.

Tidus is my least favourite main character. He cries in most of the cut-scenes, which is highly annoying; Auron does make a joke about him crying a lot, if I remember right.
Shoopufs are awesome and I did love Anima! :D:D:D Only reason I bought the remaster was for HD Anima! :P
Also, Ride ze shoopuf? (love the guys who ask that haha)

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #377 on: April 07, 2017, 12:55:39 pm »

Tidus is my least favourite main character. He cries in most of the cut-scenes, which is highly annoying; Auron does make a joke about him crying a lot, if I remember right.
Shoopufs are awesome and I did love Anima! :D:D:D Only reason I bought the remaster was for HD Anima! :P
Also, Ride ze shoopuf? (love the guys who ask that haha)

Grrrgh!!  Some of the cut scenes I legit wanted to fling my controller at the television.  Like I'm all for dudes expressing their feelings and whatever but gah! Man up, Tidus!

« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:38 pm »
I hated Final Fantasy 12.  It was just boring.  Why do people like it?  I am surprised.  At the time I thought the battle system and the story were both trash.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #379 on: April 07, 2017, 01:00:29 pm »
I hated Final Fantasy 12.  It was just boring.  Why do people like it?  I am surprised.  At the time I thought the battle system and the story were both trash.

I was kind of neutral about 12. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it.
I remember 1 thing about it, kind of like a monster log with little quotes / story type stuff in it, that I really liked.