Read 62396 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2017, 01:11:32 pm »
While deskwarming atm, I am playing Pokémon Moon.
Am still playing overwatch during the events (like the current lunar new year event)
After the event, I will be playing through: FF15, Resident EVII, and watch dogs 2.

FF15 has an event thing too, actually it might have finished but it was the Chocobo and Moogle festival. It was neat but after waiting for 3GB of update to play it I wasn't in the mood for games.

I think I heard about that event. I didn't read up on it though, so I didn't know it was an event, I thought it was DLC haha.

• BTeacher
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2012, 07:21:01 am
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2017, 02:21:59 pm »
I'm nearing the end of Alien Isolation on PC.

If you like the Alien movies, (especially the first one) sci-fi, retro-futuristic design, stealth, hard games, atmospheric games, or having the living crap scared out of you, then I highly recommend it.

Play it in the dark. With headphones.

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:46 pm »
Made a separate thread, but figured I might as well ask here too. Anyone playing For Honor?
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »
Anyone playing Astroneer on Xbox or PC? I know its only pre Alpha but it looks pretty good

« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2017, 02:01:44 pm »
I am still playing Metal Gear Solid V.  I am in the second half of the game.  I hope it ends on a high note.  It is a great game.  I can kind of understand how people don't finish it though.  You can only extract the same highly skilled soldiers/prisoners/etc over and over until you are ready to do something completely different.  The gameplay continues to force me to play it though for some reason.  I have to know how it ends too because this is probably Metal Gear's swan song.   :cry: :cry:  #fuckKonami

My only other real complaint other than extracting people over and over is that I am waiting for those Metal Gear Solid 4 like moments.  I have been told though that Metal Gear Solid 4 is a Metal Gear game for Metal Gear fans.

Also, I recently bought Resident Evil 6 mainly for the co-op.  I want to play this with my non-gaming girlfriend.  I haven't had a chance to put it in my machine though.  What are your opinions?

Finally I have been eyeballing World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.  I would welcome your opinions on these games.

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2017, 02:21:47 pm »
Finished Witcher 2. Then, finished Limbo. Both great in their own way. Both terribly dated in others. The backlog continues to shrink. I think next I might hit up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood because I have fond memories of AC2, yet haven't played another one since.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2017, 02:25:36 pm »
Drake's Uncharted 1-3 Remaster.

Number 3 is a true gem. Great story and gameplay with a bigger focus on hand-to-hand.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2017, 02:48:11 pm »
Final Fantasy IV remake for DS.  Not too far into it, but I'm really happy they kept in the spoony bard line.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2017, 03:02:33 pm »
I am still playing Metal Gear Solid V.  I am in the second half of the game.  I hope it ends on a high note.  It is a great game.  I can kind of understand how people don't finish it though.  You can only extract the same highly skilled soldiers/prisoners/etc over and over until you are ready to do something completely different.  The gameplay continues to force me to play it though for some reason.  I have to know how it ends too because this is probably Metal Gear's swan song.   :cry: :cry:  #fuckKonami

My only other real complaint other than extracting people over and over is that I am waiting for those Metal Gear Solid 4 like moments.  I have been told though that Metal Gear Solid 4 is a Metal Gear game for Metal Gear fans.

Also, I recently bought Resident Evil 6 mainly for the co-op.  I want to play this with my non-gaming girlfriend.  I haven't had a chance to put it in my machine though.  What are your opinions?

Finally I have been eyeballing World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.  I would welcome your opinions on these games.

As someone who is a really big RE fan. Resident evil 6, is the only RE title that I have played, and not finished. It just didn't feel like a RE game.

Resident evil 7 is amazing. I'm not usually one who scares super easily, but RE7 freaks me the hell out. It's not co-op however.

« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2017, 03:30:01 pm »
Made a separate thread, but figured I might as well ask here too. Anyone playing For Honor?

Just started on PS4. Fun at the moment but difficult to time playing with friends from home. Story mode is short but a decent introduction to the different classes.

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2017, 04:16:59 pm »
Anyone playing Astroneer on Xbox or PC? I know its only pre Alpha but it looks pretty good

Have it on Xbox. It's very meh. Not worth the money (atm) imo.

I'll be honest, I don't think it has much potential.

« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2017, 05:20:58 pm »

As someone who is a really big RE fan. Resident evil 6, is the only RE title that I have played, and not finished. It just didn't feel like a RE game.

Resident evil 7 is amazing. I'm not usually one who scares super easily, but RE7 freaks me the hell out. It's not co-op however.

Was it similar to Resident Evil 5 or radically different?

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2017, 07:16:51 am »

Was it similar to Resident Evil 5 or radically different?

Yes, I'd say it is quite different. I'd say RE7 is more like Silent Hill than RE5.

Personally, I love RE5 just as much as RE7, they just take different approaches.

RE7 creeps the bejeezus out of you. There's limited ammo, not a large array of weapons and
not as much action, but more atmosphere.

RE5 was more action orientated and hit the sweet spot of still being a survival horror game, without getting into the unholy grail (RE6) territory. To me, the co-op system made it the most enjoyable RE game in the franchise.

« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2017, 07:55:10 am »
Drake's Uncharted 1-3 Remaster.

Number 3 is a true gem. Great story and gameplay with a bigger focus on hand-to-hand.

I'm also playing these, just started number 3, enjoying playing these as a come down off Witcher 3 which I put nearly 150 hours into.

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2017, 12:39:32 pm »
Anyone know if Nier Automata is coming to pc here? It's not listed on Steam (it's on Steam in the US and Europe) and supposedly there's some kind of region lock on it where it's not available in Asia. It's very strange because usually games that are available in the US are available on Steam in Korea. Maybe Squeenix doesn't want key resellers like GMG to sell it but then they could have just not given them Asian keys like they did with Warhammer and MGSV which were still available at full price on Steam in Korea.

I'm not really interested in the game, the first Nier kinda sucked, I just don't want Steam to start region locking stuff or game publishers refusing to release games in Asia or stupid Asian governments to start banning games.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2017, 09:24:38 pm »

Just started on PS4. Fun at the moment but difficult to time playing with friends from home. Story mode is short but a decent introduction to the different classes.

Yeah the time difference makes it difficult to play with friends back home. I play on PC so unfortunately  we can't meet up in game, but I have a lot of hours so far, so if you are looking for any advice let me know!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2017, 01:41:19 pm »
Yoshi's Woolly World (hella cute), Kirby Triple Deluxe (very nostalgic of Kirby Superstar), and Oregon Trail Deluxe. 

My only quibble with Kirby Triple Deluxe is that you jump with "A" instead of "B" and you suction with "B" instead of "Y."  Wtf??  And there doesn't appear to be an option to customize the controls in any way. 

Also, the original Oregon Trail is brutal.  I hear people going on about Dark Souls being difficult but have they played the original Oregon Trail?? Lol.  Now Oregon Trail Deluxe, that's where it's at!

• The Arm
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2015, 09:15:02 am
« Reply #317 on: March 27, 2017, 02:12:52 pm »
I'm about five hours into A Link Between Worlds.  I love it!

I gave Shovel Knight a go but I really didn't like it.  I can see what they were going for but it felt boring and the controls didn't feel tight enough for me.

My new students laugh at me so much when I tell them I like playing Nintendo DS.  Little bastards  :laugh: 

« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2017, 02:17:40 pm »
Games I want to play: Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero. But I don't have a Wii U and the other versions look like they have serious porting issues.

I'm playing Shantae on the PS4, it's fun and there're no major issues so far anyway.

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2017, 02:18:04 pm »
Mass Effect: Andromeda.

It's very good. I get to be space Darwin.