Read 62399 times

Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2016, 10:35:03 am »
I'm just waiting for Breath of the Wild...

• 02sanupp
  • Veteran

• April 28, 2016, 09:52:05 am
    • Korea
« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2016, 10:43:08 am »
Finished the XCOM 2 campaign last night on the One. Looking for something else to play now. Downloaded Sleeping dogs for free with Gold Membership, will see if that's any good or not.

Yeah, I've also downloaded Sleeping Dogs. It's not a bad game tbh, the only gripe I have with it is that the driving is horrendous- It's just pure chaos  :laugh:

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

• February 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2016, 11:40:23 am »
Finished the XCOM 2 campaign last night on the One. Looking for something else to play now. Downloaded Sleeping dogs for free with Gold Membership, will see if that's any good or not.

I personally really like Sleeping Dogs. It's just an all around solid play, and its rendition of Hong Kong is really fun to explore. It doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but it doesn't do too much wrong either. Story isn't too bad as well.

For me, I'm playing through Final Fantasy XV. I waited so long for this game to come out.

The gaming environment, music and the graphics look good, but I'm not too keen on the combat though. I prefer Final Fantasy X style.

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2016, 11:48:50 am »
I missed out on Skyrim back when it came out and am currently playing through it for the first time ever. It is definitely as good as everyone describes but it definitely feels aged.

My brother also picked up a zombie game called 7 Days To Die. It's a crafting survival game and we've been playing together. It's fun with people but I think solo it'd be boring.

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2016, 11:51:49 am »
I got sick and unable to do much but sit and keyboard so I finally, finally finished the Witcher. It took me 54 hours over something like 3 months.

I decided I don't want to start 2 right away, so I started Hyper Light Drifter and it's hard. Especially since the Witcher required about as much reflex as a catatonic sloth.

« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »
I missed out on Skyrim back when it came out and am currently playing through it for the first time ever. It is definitely as good as everyone describes but it definitely feels aged.

My brother also picked up a zombie game called 7 Days To Die. It's a crafting survival game and we've been playing together. It's fun with people but I think solo it'd be boring.
I decided to go back and try to platinum Skyrim. I already had done about 80 hours, and it feels like I've another 80 to go  :shocked: It's huge!

As I'm playing I keep thinking about the time adn effort that must've went into creating the game and the universe. It's astounding.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:23:13 pm by Falling_Sky »

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

• December 18, 2015, 01:33:06 am
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »

I personally really like Sleeping Dogs. It's just an all around solid play, and its rendition of Hong Kong is really fun to explore. It doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but it doesn't do too much wrong either. Story isn't too bad as well.

For me, I'm playing through Final Fantasy XV. I waited so long for this game to come out.

The gaming environment, music and the graphics look good, but I'm not too keen on the combat though. I prefer Final Fantasy X style.

What's the gameplay like this time around? Control-wise is it similar to Type-0? I loved the controls for that one and if XV is a slightly interactive movie like XIII was I'mma be super bummed.

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #247 on: December 05, 2016, 02:40:49 pm »

What's the gameplay like this time around? Control-wise is it similar to Type-0? I loved the controls for that one and if XV is a slightly interactive movie like XIII was I'mma be super bummed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGEixqyC79Y

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #248 on: December 05, 2016, 02:57:24 pm »

I decided to go back and try to platinum Skyrim. I already had done about 80 hours, and it feels like I've another 80 to go  :shocked: It's huge!

As I'm playing I keep thinking about the time adn effort that must've went into creating the game and the universe. It's astounding.

Yeah, the scale is absolutely insane. I'm pretty sure it dwarfs almost everything else I have ever played and it's 6 years old already. I was far less impressed with FO:4 then Skyrim actually. Those being the only two Bethesda games I've ever played.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #249 on: December 05, 2016, 03:01:00 pm »

I picked up FFXV on the weekend, however, I cant play it because: there are 2 language options (on the Korean version) first is a choice between Chinese and Korean (this is for all the text in the game), the 2nd has an English option, for voice acting. As I can't understand the writing, I can't play it. :( I bought a NZD copy, and my parents are sending it to me on Wednesday. :D

« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »

I picked up FFXV on the weekend, however, I cant play it because: there are 2 language options (on the Korean version) first is a choice between Chinese and Korean (this is for all the text in the game), the 2nd has an English option, for voice acting. As I can't understand the writing, I can't play it. :( I bought a NZD copy, and my parents are sending it to me on Wednesday. :D

Thanks for the heads up on the language options with Final Fantasy XV.  I think I looked at the box for Korean FFXV and saw that there was an option for English voice acting.  I would have been pissed thinking I could have understood the game when in actuality I can only understand the story.

Anybody know the language options for the PS4 Korean DOA3 Beach Volleyball game?  I am not even interested in the game.  I am just going to buy it because it didn't come out in America do to the climate and rhetoric of American society these days.  If something offends you, don't buy it. 

...Also, maybe I am just slightly interested in watching scantly clad smoking hot ladies playing beach sports :evil: :evil: :evil:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:31:10 pm by kevinvrich »

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2016, 01:47:12 pm »
I heard that Stardew Valley is making its way to consoles. Really enjoyed it on the pc, I'd like to get it on the Xbox One. Anyone else keen on playing on a console (PS4 and Xbox One).

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:12 pm »
I just got the Skyrim remaster (having never played it before) and the map is HUGEEEEEEE.
I also have, like, 22 missions active at the moment.

Dare I say that it's simply too expansive?
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »
I just got the Skyrim remaster (having never played it before) and the map is HUGEEEEEEE.

Witcher 3 is 20% bigger apparently, though I haven't got into it properly yet.

« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »

Witcher 3 is 20% bigger apparently, though I haven't got into it properly yet.

I think Skyrim's size is a bit overwhelming.  I wanted to play Witcher 3 but if it is bigger I may have to re-think about giving it a shot.  I just don't have enough time to play games that large.  I am kind of mad at myself for putting so much time into Skyrim.  I have other games to play too.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2016, 03:58:55 pm »
I still don't know how people have time to play video games. Especially people who are in relationships. It blows my mind.

So jelly.

Long distance  :wink: My SO likes gaming too though, so sometimes we just got two screens in the same room and gamed separately but together. Lol

Much jam.

« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »
I still don't know how people have time to play video games. Especially people who are in relationships. It blows my mind.

So jelly.

How is it any different from reading a book or watching TV? Does it blow your mind that people in relationships do these things too?

« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »
That's true, but some of these games are large investments that cannot be whittled away while on the train or at work haha.
Hearing that games like Skyrim etc can have 100s of hours of gameplay is the reason I haven't played them yet. Just finished RE4 last night at just under 20 hours and it felt about the right amount of time. (but why turn down the offer from Ashley?!)

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #258 on: December 13, 2016, 08:14:21 pm »
Playing Sniper Elite 3 and Just Cause 2 now..

This year I'm beating all my old PS3 games i never finished before :)

Sleeping dogs was amazing but way too short!!

• maximmm
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2013, 11:02:44 am
« Reply #259 on: December 13, 2016, 08:38:54 pm »
Working through 'knights of the old republic' on my bus trips.  It plays surprisingly well on a tablet.