Read 62408 times

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »
Nearly done with I am Setsuna! Some folks might find it a bit short but I personally feel it's like the perfect length. I don't want something overly involving that's gonna take like 70+ hours. Anything 10 - 30ish hours is great for me. This one might hit the 25 hour mark or so.

I really like the soundtrack too. Even though I love piano music, I wasn't sure how a pure piano score was gonna be like for a game, but I think it worked really well.

I don't think it brings anything innovative to the table but I'm happy with the nostalgic feel and simplicity.  ;D

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »
i play what my laptop can handle so I'm a bit behind curb  :afro: Mad Max was nice enough to cooperate though. 50 hours well spent haha.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »
I'm playing PS3 and xbox360 games I never played back when they came out. You can pick up the systems for 50$ and the games can be picked up for under 5$.

Bioshock, Borderlands, etc... lots of games too play!! Yikes!!

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2016, 05:47:02 pm »
Arc the Lad! PS1!

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2016, 07:34:54 pm »
Will have to invest in an X-box One.

Games are no longer being released on 360. I was surprised they managed to squeeze FIFA17 on it, but I fear this may be the last time.

Can't wait to play the new Halo, GOW and COD on Xbox One.

One good thing is I'll be able to play online again, the negative for me is no more illegal GOD/ISO downloads/conversions for the next year or two, till the underground scene figures out how to game the system.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:59:08 pm by waygo0k »

• 02sanupp
  • Veteran

• April 28, 2016, 09:52:05 am
    • Korea
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2016, 12:45:29 pm »
Currently FIFA 17....it's glitchy af though!

Twiddling my thumbs until Skyrim Remastered is released and Red Dead Redemption 2 next year!  8)

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2016, 01:15:22 pm »
Plodding through the Witcher for the past month. It's pretty dated.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2016, 01:29:15 pm »
FFX. Other than the voice acting, having a pretty good time.

• Kwai_Chang_Kain
  • Veteran

• April 29, 2013, 08:22:03 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2016, 01:49:26 pm »
Civilization 5.

I'm so torn, I usually don't mind waiting 6 months to a year or 2 before getting a game on Steam for 75+% off but I really really really REALLY want to play Civilization 6 which comes out this weekend.

The last time I bought a game brand new on it's 1st day of release was Persona 4 on PS2 but at least that was a physical copy. How can I justify dropping $80 CDN for a digital download knowing that I'll be spending more later down the road for DLC? :cry:
"Have you seen what the sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the dark side."

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2016, 02:59:21 pm »

Yeah, dated, but still pretty decent.  Don't let it discourage you from playing Witcher 2.  That is an all around great game and it took care of the annoying combat mechanism from the first one.  I'm waiting to buy a gaming computer so I can play Witcher 3.

• gideonvasquez
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2015, 08:42:34 am
    • Uisung - Gyeongbuk-do
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »
The new update for Stardew is what I am playing right now. It added some content to basically all stages of the game. And created some replay value with new starting farm maps and such.

• Hodlpu
  • Veteran

• May 06, 2015, 07:47:32 pm
    • Geoje, South Korea
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2016, 03:09:05 pm »
World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm.

« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2016, 03:12:54 pm »
haha I remember the days of paying $40 - $80 on new releases... then came the torrents. Have a bunch of new games I still haven't played like FFX and Kingdom Hearts on ps2.
Anyone else have a heap of unplayed Steam/GoG etc games?

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2016, 03:26:48 pm »

Yeah, dated, but still pretty decent.  Don't let it discourage you from playing Witcher 2.  That is an all around great game and it took care of the annoying combat mechanism from the first one.  I'm waiting to buy a gaming computer so I can play Witcher 3.

Do 'er! Only recently I got my PC up to snuff to play modern stuff and it's great. After years of dealing with stacks of DVDs and BluRays, Steam is brilliant. As is 1080p, 60fps. I did make the mistake of buying a GTX 960 a month before Nvidia rolled out the 10s though. Oh well, I got a good deal and I'm not planning on VR or 4K anytime soon...

I've got all three Witchers lined up and ready to go. I even read the books beforehand. It's made playing the first game a bit weird because they made him amnesiac basically as an excuse to introduce all these characters from the book to people new to the IP but I already know who they all are!

• seantheman
  • Veteran

• June 25, 2013, 06:23:10 am
    • dublin Ireland
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »
At the moment...well...the last month

-Overwatch
-DOOM
-Persona 4
-Red Dead Redemption
-GTA 4
-Resident Evil(Remaster)
-Starcraft 2: LOTV
-Dishonored 
-Witcher 2
-Injustice Gods Among Us
-Call of Juarez : Gunslinger

I completed Injustice and Dishonored..though I had completed that before.
Halfway through most of the games....though many I completed before...but some like Dishonored, Red Dead and Persona have upcoming sequels...so I wanted a refresher.

Civ 6 will be added to that list, it's out tomorrow !! :D

Civilization 5.

I really really really REALLY want to play Civilization 6 which comes out this weekend.
 How can I justify dropping $80 CDN for a digital download knowing that I'll be spending more later down the road for DLC? :cry:

Justify it like this, you pay $10 to go to see a film for 2 hours, $20 if you add drink and popcorn.
This is gonna give you 100's -1000's of hours of entertainment.
Also, you don't have to pay the full price...there are sites that sell keys, I usually buy all mine from G2PLAY , ...go to   http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/  and find a good price for a game you're looking for  8) :undecided:

I tried hard to get into the Witcher 1, as I wanted to play 2 and 3. But gave up after a few hours....just skipped straight to 2. Much happier and enjoying the Witcher 2...even though I couldn't stand 1. Maybe do the same :)

Anyone else have a heap of unplayed Steam/GoG etc games?
Between Battle.net, Steam and Origin....probably about 350 games, of which I've probably played 100. I'm also working my way through my console backlog which is another load. I've stopped participating in the sales now though unless it's something I really want. Backlog never ends
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:15:22 pm by seantheman »

• trotsky
  • Adventurer

• December 15, 2010, 11:44:28 am
    • Korea
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2016, 04:16:40 pm »
Currently playing:

Borderlands
Metro Last light
Age of Empires II
Chivalry Medieval Warfare when I want to de-stress.
Occasionally I start up a Civ V or Crusader Kings II game.

I have a few games in my steam library that I haven't started yet including:
Transistor
Borders 2 and Borderlands pre-sequel
Portal

I'm going to hold fire on Civ VI, I can't justify spending 50 quid on a computer game.

« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »
cool, what approach did you use in Dishonored Sean? I just finished it too. Ended up knocking most people out, even those responsible for the death of the Empress (which really I should have killed). Doing Call of Juarez too. The storytelling is so cool.

Portal was a game that I said "it's in your library just play it" and now it's one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:21:12 pm by stevebarker »

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2016, 04:31:58 pm »
Probably have around 150 games I've yet to ever touch. Mostly console backlog, primarily PS1. Haven't got a huge steam list, but I have like no good reason to justify buying any new games hahaha

• seantheman
  • Veteran

• June 25, 2013, 06:23:10 am
    • dublin Ireland
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2016, 05:03:33 pm »

Portal

I'm going to hold fire on Civ VI, I can't justify spending 50 quid on a computer game.

Borders 2 is amazing, great if you have 3 friends who will play with you. It doesn't have the same feeling when played alone unfortunately.

Portal...lucky you...one of the best games ever. Portal 2 is even better ! :D

cool, what approach did you use in Dishonored Sean? I just finished it too. Ended up knocking most people out, even those responsible for the death of the Empress (which really I should have killed). Doing Call of Juarez too. The storytelling is so cool.

Portal was a game that I said "it's in your library just play it" and now it's one of my favorites.

The first time I played it was on original release, but got the good ending.
This time I ended up with the good ending too...low chaos...I knocked him out too instead of killing him....and broadcast the other guys conversation instead of assassinating him.
I killed Daud though, I should get around to doing his DLC.
The ending montage is different depending on what you choose...check em on youtube.
Also...I remember the way of saving the Empress to be different...like she was being held over a ledge or something (maybe if you set off an alarm getting there)...this time round the bad guy was just at a table with 2 dead friends.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2016, 06:46:46 pm »

Portal

Borders 2 is amazing, great if you have 3 friends who will play with you. It doesn't have the same feeling when played alone unfortunately.

Portal...lucky you...one of the best games ever. Portal 2 is even better ! :D

The first time I played it was on original release, but got the good ending.
This time I ended up with the good ending too...low chaos...I knocked him out too instead of killing him....and broadcast the other guys conversation instead of assassinating him.
I killed Daud though, I should get around to doing his DLC.
The ending montage is different depending on what you choose...check em on youtube.
Also...I remember the way of saving the Empress to be different...like she was being held over a ledge or something (maybe if you set off an alarm getting there)...this time round the bad guy was just at a table with 2 dead friends.

The first borderlands plays better and the zombie dlc is one of the best dlcs ever. Borderlands two is massive but the map transitions from snow to desert is weird. Also the black market upgrades were not fun. The claptrap mission were fun and a unique experience instead of searching for black market tokens.