Read 62409 times

Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2016, 09:09:30 am »
This War of Mine. I've done a couple combat runthroughs with Roman. Honestly though, the game was more fun playing as random people with limited survival skills and not much going for them.

NBA2K15 Getting a bit long in the tooth, but going to hold out for 2K17. Made a superteam for the Pistons in MyGM- Flipped Greg Monroe, Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings, and picks into Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, and a 2016 pick that turned into the #1- Ben Simmons!

Trying some of those random Anime-inspired story games. Not a big fan of anime and the fanboy softcore that comes with it, but the games were getting spectacular reviews on Steam and were free-to-play, so why not? 1 was okay (whatever that one is where you're a prince and wake up drunk), the others were fanboy crap.

Prolly going to fire up a new OOTP Baseball/Baseball Mogul/Football Manager game sometime soon. Good games to play while you watch TV or movies. Then autumn will roll around and it'll be time for Madden 17 for some dumb reason.

CS:GO when I need to fire off some guns

Also...

• ajr30
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 01:16:21 pm
    • Yangsan, Korea
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2016, 10:31:52 am »
Mostly Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. I'm about 35 hours into my first playthrough. Also a little bit of Civ 5, Limbo, Wind Waker HD, and Chrono Trigger when the mood strikes me.

• Paul
  • Featured Contributor

• September 21, 2010, 10:28:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2016, 10:46:29 am »
Ditto. Dark Souls, and a bit of Jet Set Radio when I want something more upbeat. It's a truly frabjous day when the online component magically decides to work. "Treasure below" next to a bottomless pit and just knowing some poor sap has probably fallen for it. Hilarious. :azn:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:54:40 am by Paul »
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

• ajr30
  • Expert Waygook

• Yangsan, Korea
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2016, 11:12:56 am »
Ditto. Dark Souls, and a bit of Jet Set Radio when I want something more upbeat. It's a truly frabjous day when the online component magically decides to work. "Treasure below" next to a bottomless pit and just knowing some poor sap has probably fallen for it. Hilarious. :azn:

Praise the sun!
Praise the sun!
Praise the sun!
Be wary of...
Praise the sun!

« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2016, 11:23:21 am »
Huge chest ahead.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2016, 11:24:58 am »
Civilization 5, can't wait for the new one.

• ajr30
  • Expert Waygook

• Yangsan, Korea
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2016, 11:49:07 am »

Actually, I just had a weird experience with the online stuff the other day. I was down by the second bonfire in Blighttown. I just killed Maneater Mildred (I think is her name) and suddenly the bonfire goes out and it says I'm being invaded by someone. This was my first invasion so I get ready, fully expecting to get owned (I suck at pretty much all forms of PVP). I decide not to venture out into the swamp cause screw that. I'd rather go one on one with this person and don't want to deal with poison or monsters. So I just wait.

Eventually, the boss animation starts. After the animation, it says the invader has left. So I think, whatever, he probably just started the boss fight either on accident or to screw with me, but I was going there anyway. I make my way to the fog gate and summon Mildred to help. I go through but Mildred is trapped outside. That's a first for me. Also, naked-spider-lady isn't moving. I shoot her with a few arrows and nothing happens. So I run up to her and start wailing on her and still nothing. I killed her without her doing anything at all.

The thing is, after the battle, if you could call it that, I usually would feel relieved that I didn't have to fight a boss. But this time, I felt cheated of the satisfaction I would've gotten if I actually would've fought her.

• Eros
  • Super Waygook

• September 01, 2010, 02:43:24 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:20 am »
Dragon Age Inquisition, Forza 6 and when Inquisition is finished, Just Cause 3. Huge Xbox One sale atm.

• Paul
  • Featured Contributor

• September 21, 2010, 10:28:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2016, 11:57:42 am »
Apparently Mildred is an bot. It's to simulate online play for those without a connection. Ditto with the graffiti in the Catacombs.
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

• Albaloo
  • Adventurer

• March 01, 2016, 03:45:44 pm
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2016, 01:08:10 pm »
Eve online. LoL. Dota2. Elite: Dangerous. Civ V. etc. etc.

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

• February 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2016, 01:43:56 pm »

Ever played Freelancer?

• Albaloo
  • Adventurer

• March 01, 2016, 03:45:44 pm
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »

Ever played Freelancer?

Nope, is it any good? I had just started playing Elite:Dangerous and frontier seems to be doing everything it can to make the game NOT enjoyable for PVP'ers so I never really got too into it but I loved the concept. Eve has taken over my life atm. You play ?

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

• February 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2016, 02:46:52 pm »

Ever played Freelancer?

Nope, is it any good? I had just started playing Elite:Dangerous and frontier seems to be doing everything it can to make the game NOT enjoyable for PVP'ers so I never really got too into it but I loved the concept. Eve has taken over my life atm. You play ?

Never played elite or eve before, but Freelancer is absolutely brilliant. Only ~700mb, yet the game universe is frikken huuuuge. You can play multiplayer on it, but the single player campaign is awesome. You can also do the campaign whenever you want, most of the time is spent exploring nebulas and asteroid fields. For a game of it's age, the visuals are pretty good. I think I've completed the game about 8 times. Just soooo much fun.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2016, 03:24:13 pm »
Recently started "I am Setsuna"! Only a few hours in but I kinda love it so far. Makes me more excited to play the DS remakes of Chrono Trigger and FFIV! And now that I have a 3DS, I started up Ocarina just to see how it looks and OMG.

For some reason I have a hankering to replay Paper Mario 64. I really enjoyed that one. Also started "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" and "Deep Labyrinth" (same writer and composer as Chrono Trigger & Cross!). You know a game's gonna be interesting when a purple platypus wearing a crown shows up within the first 5 minutes  :laugh:

Played through "A Bird Story" -- now that was lovely. More of an interactive visual novel than a game, I think, but it was cool. So many games, so little time! And I love reading too-- my list of books to read is abominably longer than my ridiculously long list of games  :cry:

« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »
Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne forever <3

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2016, 12:23:54 pm »
I finished AM2R recently. The guy did a bang-up job for something he's giving away totally free. It's easily as good as Fusion, possibly better. Surprisingly, no cease-and-desist letter from Nintendo yet either. Maybe they'll smarten up and grab this from him and make it official. It's probably better than that new Metroid game on the 3DS.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »
I want Uncharted 4 and the new Deus Ex game.  :laugh:
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2016, 02:24:12 pm »
I am currently playing Black Ops 3 on the PS4. I heard that there were quite a few free games in the PS4 store these days, but the problem is if they are available over here...

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2016, 02:32:32 pm »

Ever played Freelancer?

Never played elite or eve before, but Freelancer is absolutely brilliant. Only ~700mb, yet the game universe is frikken huuuuge. You can play multiplayer on it, but the single player campaign is awesome. You can also do the campaign whenever you want, most of the time is spent exploring nebulas and asteroid fields. For a game of it's age, the visuals are pretty good. I think I've completed the game about 8 times. Just soooo much fun.

As a fan of both Elite and Eve I gave this a go. It was quite a bit of fun. I'd give you an upboat but it's the wrong website.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2016, 02:42:13 pm »
Overwatch
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
World of Warcraft: Legion

:D

Edit: Am also eagerly awaiting Pokemon sun and Moon! (!!!!No spoilers please!!!!) (I'm doing a great job of avoiding Pokemon news for sun and moon! I want some surprises when it launches!)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:46:11 pm by Kayos »