Read 62412 times

• titan103
  • Explorer

• November 17, 2015, 02:22:07 am
    • USA
Re: What video games are you playing right now?
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2016, 02:46:58 pm »
Lots of interesting games here. I was especially excited to see Runescape getting a shout out! I am a little worried about being caught playing a game at work though...

I'm currently playing Overwatch, Destiny, and NBA 2K16 on the PS4! It is so easy to find a fireteam for Destiny Strikes and the waiting times for Overwatch matches are quite short!  ;D

I am considering purchasing a game that my girlfriend would enjoy playing while she visits. She likes Mario Cart and Super Mario platforming games (maybe I should just buy a Wii). Does anyone have any ideas on what else might be fun for visitors that prefer more casual games...?

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »
Maybe she'd like Mario Party too.

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2016, 03:11:40 pm »

I am considering purchasing a game that my girlfriend would enjoy playing while she visits. She likes Mario Cart and Super Mario platforming games (maybe I should just buy a Wii). Does anyone have any ideas on what else might be fun for visitors that prefer more casual games...?

You should buy Little Big Planet, love that game!

• trotsky
  • Adventurer

• December 15, 2010, 11:44:28 am
    • Korea
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2016, 03:23:52 pm »
I'm currently playing a smorgasbord of games ranging from: Baldurs Gate, Age Of Empires II, Half-life 2, the Tell Tale Walking Dead games and every now and again I'll start up a Civilisation V, Crusader Kings II or Europa Universalis IV game.

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:46 pm »
I just finished a five-episode PC game on Steam called Life is Strange. It's a mystery, and the game progresses through talking to people, investigating things and places, and making decisions that alter the course of the story. It was fun and interesting. A little bit indie-flavored indie, but the soundtrack was great.

Other games I've played recently/semi-recently are Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 and Bloodborne (all phenomenal games), Undertale (also excellent, and really popular among elementary school kids in Korea right now), and Thomas Was Alone, a pretty fascinating puzzle platformer about various differently-shaped rectangles with different abilities who work together to get past obstacles.

Games that I haven't played in a while but consistently try to show to people: Journey, Flower, and Flow on PS3/PS4 (all three by the same company) and Limbo on PS3/PS4/PC.

And I was pretty amused to see people mention Runescape. I played that game pretty hardcore for years. I have about 12-14 skills at level 99, but I stopped playing quite a while ago and doubt I'll get back into it. There's too much to do, and I'm too susceptible to getting sucked into games like that and not being productive in other areas of my life. :P

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2016, 03:26:11 pm »
Eve Online and Overwatch.

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2016, 05:27:26 pm »
Doom

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2016, 07:13:17 am »
Someone gifted Stardew Valley to me. Looking forward to giving that some time! The only HM game I've played before is Harvest Moon 64. Even my mom got addicted to that game, hahah

Anyone looking forward to "I am Setsuna"? This is the first time I've preordered a game. Pleasant music (gauging from the trailer) and heavily inspired by Chrono Trigger? Yes, please.

Don't jump into stardew valley until you have LOTS of free time. After I started it, I clocked over 120 hours on it VERY quickly. :P

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2016, 07:16:13 am »
Lots of interesting games here. I was especially excited to see Runescape getting a shout out! I am a little worried about being caught playing a game at work though...

I'm currently playing Overwatch, Destiny, and NBA 2K16 on the PS4! It is so easy to find a fireteam for Destiny Strikes and the waiting times for Overwatch matches are quite short!  ;D

I started playing runescape not long after it was first released (classic) I really love the game, but hate how grindy it gets at the higher levels. I also hate the 'lose items on death' mechanic. But, because of nostalgia, I always go back to it from time to time. :)

Also, about playing games at work. I feel the same way. Though, the teacher who sits next to me plays internet chess and internet go (not pokemon go) while watching golf all the time. I usually bust out the games when my lessons are planned and ready AND no students are around. If a student comes nearby, I either minimize or logout.

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2016, 07:25:51 am »
Currently I'm playing:

Metro Last Light (also reading metro 2034, finished 2033 last month)
Undertale
Valkyria Chronicles

Along with the usual games of Rocketleague and Mechwarrior: Online. Considering giving Hawken a shot again soon, too.

Undertale (also excellent, and really popular among elementary school kids in Korea right now)

Is there a Korean version? I couldn't see one and 90% of the enjoyment in this game is through the narrative and jokes. I was really surprised to hear about elementary kids enjoying Undertale here.

Anyhow, awesome game.

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2016, 07:50:28 am »
Doom

How is this one btw?  I have none of the nostalgia factor for it going on so I'm on the edge about it.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2016, 07:58:07 am »
Someone gifted Stardew Valley to me. Looking forward to giving that some time! The only HM game I've played before is Harvest Moon 64. Even my mom got addicted to that game, hahah

Anyone looking forward to "I am Setsuna"? This is the first time I've preordered a game. Pleasant music (gauging from the trailer) and heavily inspired by Chrono Trigger? Yes, please.

Don't jump into stardew valley until you have LOTS of free time. After I started it, I clocked over 120 hours on it VERY quickly. :P

Hahah, that's what I'm afraid of! Think I'll wait till summer vacation to give that a go. Something Harvest Moon-esque has the potential to become very addicting for me...

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2016, 08:04:54 am »
Rocketleague is hilarious!

Recently started playing Ori and the Blind Forest. Classic platformer with haunting artwork and storyline.

Play Hearthstone on my phone while travelling (can't seem to break past rank 9-10 :sad:)

Europa Universalis IV was great, although I do wish they would extend the game's time period limit (Taking over the world as NDL takes a bit of time!).

City Skylines is beautiful, especially with a few GB of mods installed!

I also play a lot of Skyrim. Actually I've only logged a few hours, but I've spent days and days and days messing with mods and solving incompatibilities etc. It's like a minigame all in itself!

Recently went back to World of Warcraft, which I haven't played since Wrath of the Lich King, to take a peek at what's changed. Surprised at how dated the graphics now look, but am still enjoying the nostalgic value of it. Good gameplay never gets old!

Oh, and just finished the original Final Fantasy (again)! Winning the game with unlikely class combinations (3 white mages and a single black mage) is always very satisfying!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:07:10 am by kyndo »

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 19, 2010, 01:57:27 pm
    more
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2016, 08:09:29 am »

Europa Universalis IV was great, although I do wish they would extend the game's time period limit (Taking over the world as NDL takes a bit of time!).

Grand Campaign it.  CK2-> EU4-> Victoria 2->HoI3/4 and the conversion mods for each stage gives you 1300 years to play around with.
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

• devsterl
  • Super Waygook

• February 29, 2016, 06:47:07 am
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2016, 08:15:21 am »
not playing anything now, but I will play Skyrim once it comes out on the xbox one.

« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2016, 08:15:57 am »

Stardew Valleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. I've had this game for 2 and half weeks and I'm coming close to 100 hours already. Last weekend I turned down an offer to go to the beach in favor of sitting in my sweltering apartment to play this all day.

• Hodlpu
  • Veteran

• May 06, 2015, 07:47:32 pm
    • Geoje, South Korea
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2016, 08:52:51 am »
Heroes of the Storm mostly.  I hop on Killing Floor 2 once in a while.

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2016, 08:56:16 am »
Doom

How is this one btw?  I have none of the nostalgia factor for it going on so I'm on the edge about it.

Did you play Doom3? The difference in the amount of time between meeting any demons in the two games is huge. I liked Doom 3 for the horror movie feel about it and the slow build up. In Doom 4 you're shooting demons within the first few seconds. You also move a lot faster. I personally preferred Doom 3 for its more leisurely pace and as I played it on a PC and the graphics were more impressive.

« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:30 am »
I am currently on Destiny (need to finish nightfall strikes to complete quests) so I need firestrike teams. I usually play with Japanese peeps and they rock some awesome weapons and armor that I can never find.

Also because of the past two weeks sales on PSN, I finally own and can play Samurai Warriors 4! (Koei games NEVER go on sale so it was a blessing) and also surgeon simulator, RE 0, Layers of fear, and White night (think thats the name)

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2016, 09:07:07 am »
Doom

It rules. If you have a PC that can run it, I think there's still a demo of it on Steam you can download.

I did play the original two back in the day, but haven't really touched them since the 90s. Even then, I found the labyrinthine design and key card collecting of the later levels too much. Actually, I haven't really played FPSs since Battlefield 2 and Enemy Territory a decade or so ago, but this sucked me back into the genre and I'm considering other games to buy. (I heard the Wolfenstien reboots are pretty good as well.)

If you want a tactical, slow, cover based shooter with regenerating health, realistic physics, ammo reloading, etc., then this isn't for you. If you just want to chainsaw shit and feel like a badass, buy it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:09:51 am by strugglebunny »