Read 1416 times

• jangng
  • Adventurer

• November 06, 2010, 04:27:48 pm
    • Seoul
Spring allergies and mattress cleaning
« on: April 12, 2015, 02:40:02 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to promote a service, but I'm sure some of you who are suffering from spring/yellow dust/micro dust allergies might be interested in this. I wish I knew about and did this sooner. Just some information for those of you living in Korea.

Coway provides a mattress cleaning service (once every 3 months). They bring in $3000 equipment and UV lights and give your mattress and bed a deep cleaning, getting rid of dust (god forbid, dust mites), bacteria buildup from sweat, food and spills.

Here is the Korean website, shows the steps they take in the service, its in Korean, but there’s an informational video at the bottom: http://www.coway.co.kr/Service/People/Homecare/HomecareMain.aspx?from=gnb

We got ours done for the first time last week and it was pretty horrifying to see all the dust coming off our mattress after all our sheets and bedding were pulled off. They show you the filter before and after the service.

Anyway, if you are like me and suffer from bad allergies during the spring- skin and sinuses- especially after coming to Korea, I really recommend looking into this, because I was on the verge on a sinus infection, but I feel better at least knowing that the place I spend half my day on is clean and not causing allergies.

Sorry if it sounds like an advertising spiel, but I truly believe it helps alleviate some spring suffering and if helps someone out there- here's the info :D PM me if you're interested, I know a great sales rep (yes, I do know someone who works there haha)-- they do a free filter test to show you all the crap on your mattress during the consultation too.

For those of you in Korea for longer, they also provide mattress rentals and cleaning+care is included in the price.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:54:47 am by jangng »

Re: Spring allergies and mattress cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:38:09 am »
I actually bought a mattress cover / bed cover sheet thingee from Evezary.  It was Korean style.  My western style cotton bed sheets didn't fit my new super single bed.  They were a very soft material and had anti dust, anti allergy, anti microb, etc.  Was 100,000 for each one.  I bought two.  That may be helpful in regards to the mattress and the bottom area.  The fitted sheet that goes on the mattress was what I bought.  Expensive but helpful.  Frequent washing of the other top sheets will be recommended of course. 

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:37:02 am »
I'm glad you edited the font.. It hurt my eyes the first time I read it.

This does read like an advertisement, however, there are many allergy complainers on this board so some might find it interesting and research further. 

Maybe you could include the average cost?

• jangng
  • Adventurer

• Seoul
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:41:27 am »
Haha sorry about that.

The cost depends on the size of your bed and type of membership. We have a queen and I think we paid around 30~40 thousand won, you can get more detailed info if you do a consultation.

We use Korean bedding too-- the type that wraps around the top and sides, two layers-- we wash it every 2 weeks. And we have a health cover ($100) that you can buy extra with a Simmons mattress. Both my husband and I have bad allergies. We were still unpleasantly surprised with the filter test after we took the health cover off (which we wash regularly).

• jangng
  • Adventurer

• Seoul
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:45:13 am »
Thought about the advertising tone, but I think it's worth the price and wish I'd known about it sooner. I have really crazy skin during the spring and the allergies haven't come back (so far).