Read 4024 times

• Brian
  • Featured Contributor

• September 19, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
    • Pittsburgh / Jeollanam-do
What do you want to be? (from JLP Resource Book)
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:02:30 am »
** from the JLP Resource Book **
In Korea from 2005 - 2010, not in Korea now.  Please contact an active moderator for quick answers to your questions.

Current project: http://www.pennsylvasia.com/

• crabbeapple
  • Explorer

• August 31, 2009, 03:24:14 pm
    • Gwangju/Jangseong
Re: What do you want to be? (from JLP Resource Book)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 02:16:09 pm »
Here are some cards that I made for the lesson, which I taught to my Grade 1s this week. I adapted the idea a little bit, as well as the vocab, and it went great. First I had them match these cards (we had gone over the vocab the week before), next I taught some basic sentences ("I want to be, I hope to be, I'd like to be...") Lastly, I had them play old maid (I passed out one card to each group that said "I want to be an old maid") with lots of repetition, varying according to level (1-1, 1-2, or 1-3). They loved it! (And they never love anything) After they were finished I gave them a choice of either playing it again or playing with the cards memory style (have them line up the cards upside down and then have them flip over two to see if they match....) and they almost always chose Old Maid.

• Scott
  • Adventurer

• March 27, 2009, 07:58:38 pm
    • Suncheon-Si
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:56 pm »
How did you make those lines on MSWord?  I'm [mod edit: not good] at powerpoint, word etc.. but I really want to try this lesson with a few more occupations on there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:54:28 pm by Dayle »

• crabbeapple
  • Explorer

• August 31, 2009, 03:24:14 pm
    • Gwangju/Jangseong
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 02:06:36 pm »
I just created a table, and then erased the lines that I didn't want. Try using the draw table tool.

I cheat and do most of the work on worksheets at school, but then take it home to do the finishing touches in english on my computer. It may be easier for you to make the changes on your own computer, if you have one?

If all else fails, you can tell me what occupations you want and I can add them in for you.