Read 6000 times

• krissyboo75
  • Expert Waygook

• September 27, 2011, 01:01:39 pm
    • Gyeongsanbuk-do, South Korea
    more
Ticket scalpers in Korea?
« on: April 07, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »
I was recently trying to get tickets to a very popular Kpop concert that basically sold out in minutes and then I was wondering if there are ticket scalpers in Korea for Kpop concerts? OR does anyone have tickets for Big Bang that they wanna sell!?!? *fan girls out* :-*

Re: Ticket scalpers in Korea?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:51:45 am »
This is an important question, because I too tried to get those damn tickets. I need to see Big Bang. I didn't come here to teach...

• 외계인
  • Expert Waygook

• August 27, 2013, 07:32:33 am
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:34:39 am »
This is an important question, because I too tried to get those damn tickets. I need to see Big Bang. I didn't come here to teach...

:undecided:

• Boquoi
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2013, 09:48:23 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:42:05 am »
I recently saw a Korean football friendly that was almost sold out. There were a fair amount of ticket scalpers outside trying to sell tickets.

• Alwany
  • Explorer

• September 01, 2013, 01:54:01 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:51:10 am »
They also sell tickets day of for concerts. Just come early to stand in line.

• wb
  • Waygookin

• February 24, 2015, 08:52:57 am
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:47 am »
Last year, during Ultra festival, the surroundings of the stadium were packed with scalper ajussis; you shouldn't have problem finding one

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 10:27:58 am »
But while you are here....

[snip]

Yeah! How dare you try to have fun and take interest in the things that not all of us like!
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 11:22:49 am »
Last year, during Ultra festival, the surroundings of the stadium were packed with scalper ajussis; you shouldn't have problem finding one

Do you remember how much the scalpers were selling the Ultra tickets for?

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »
best bet is to find a Korean to help you.  Most tickets get sold in fan cafes online but you'll need fluent Korean to navigate.  Be prepared to pay way too much, even for a terrible seat.   

Oh wow, a dude in Korea who hates k-pop and feels the need to tell everyone. How interesting and relevant. I'm fairly agog in wonder at the originality and wit.

I was approached by several ajusshi scalpers on my way to an Infinite concert last year, now that I think of it, though it's certainly nothing to plan on if your heart is set on going.

BOOMSHAKALAKA

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 08:50:01 am »
Krissyboo, were you born in 1975 by any chance?

• krissyboo75
  • Expert Waygook

• September 27, 2011, 01:01:39 pm
    • Gyeongsanbuk-do, South Korea
    more
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 09:32:07 am »
Krissyboo, were you born in 1975 by any chance?

Nope nope! :cheesy:

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 12:35:29 am »
PLEASE do not buy tickets from scalpers in Korea.  They're a big part of the reason why it's so hard to get tickets for concerts and musicals in the first place, and I'm not just talking about the ajusshis who follow you around outside of the venue trying to sell their tickets for more than triple the original price, either.  There was a big to-do/rumor with the EXO fandom recently...somethin g about a few of them buying tickets for the upcoming SHINee concert and selling them at inflated prices in order to have pocket money for EXO con and such.  Not trying to rag on the EXO fans, this was just the most recent incident that I've heard about on the kpop grapevine.  It happens in all fandoms...a friend of a friend of a friend was trying to sell Super Junior tickets for almost triple their original price; she's not into the SM artists at all and had bought the tickets with no intention of going and was trying to sell them for a profit.  Fans found out and no one would buy the tickets from her.

I've gotten tickets for both 2NE1 and VIXX by just waiting in line the day of.  There's no guarantee that you'll get anything, but it's usually worth a shot.  And it's always worth checking the original site even after everything is 'sold out,' that's how I get a lot of my tickets.  If worse does come to worse, like I mentioned before, there are the ajusshis who hang around outside of the venue to sell tickets, but know that they'll probably be asking for A LOT more than the original selling price, especially for big artists.

Sorry if that was long winded!

• pi0395
  • Explorer

• June 16, 2015, 11:52:50 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »
There are always scalpers who sells around the concert venue on the day but the price will be hiked up around 50%. Sometimes you can buy tickets on the venue itself though.

• terivinix
  • Expert Waygook

• October 19, 2011, 02:20:32 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 06:22:34 pm »
As questionable as taste in K-pop might be, it is strange that for all the taxpayer money the government pours into K-pop, none of it is put toward aiding foreign residents and visitors of Korea to attend concerts.

Keeping in mind that there are hundreds of new K-pop acts coming out each year, and they're all pretty much the same, maybe you'd have better luck if you were less picky and gave newer groups a chance?

• its2uraps
  • Explorer

• December 19, 2019, 10:38:50 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 02:46:40 pm »
Getting tickets from scalpers is always tricky. There are sites like stubhub or ticketbay that can help. Heres a guide on getting tickets :

https://www.gowonderfully.com/post/ticketbay-guide-how-to-save-money-when-buying-tickets-as-a-foreigner-in-korea