Read 1122 times

• yojoe
  • Adventurer

• December 28, 2012, 11:56:19 am
    • Gwangju, South Korea
    more
I will be moving to Alamosa, Colorado soon--have you been there? Please tell me about it!

Thanks,
Joe

• kzcl
  • Veteran

• March 20, 2014, 07:29:25 am
Adams State is a pretty small college. It, Mesa State, and Western State all changed into "universities" within the past 5 years to get more competitive. Basically all 3 are very tiny colleges and were losing a ton of students. Everyone was transferring to bigger universities. So they're trying their hand at being a university now.
It's best known (at least by word of mouth in SW Colorado) for its nursing program. I honestly know nothing else about it.

Alamosa is pretty small but nice. Its close to the sand dunes which are neat to check out. Unfortunately the sand dunes and college are all Alamosa has going for it. Alamosa is really just a town to drive through when you're getting to Denver or Santa Fe. To the east is Pueblo, a really crappy place. To the west is Durango, which is a nice place.

Because of your proximity to New Mexico (and Pueblo) you'll probably find some really nice and authentic Mexican and New Mexican food (they're different).

• amgoalng
  • Expert Waygook

• August 31, 2012, 08:00:20 am
    • Gobuk, near Seosan, closer to Haemi
It depends on what you are going for and what you like?  If you are into hiking, skiing, camping, and the great outdoors, then you are in a good place.  Just make sure you can drive, get a car.  If you want city life...then you are going to a bad place.  Denver is about a 2-3 hour drive from there, if you factor in traffic.

There are better universities, even for nursing, in Colorado.  If I were you, I would look for something better.  Then again, I did, I went to Colorado State.