Read 2797 times

Viewing recent transactions on my NH account
« on: April 01, 2015, 02:02:13 pm »
I have a bank account with Nong Hyup here in Korea. I never signed up for internet banking. Does anyone know of a way I can view my recent incomings/outgoings?

I have looked on the cash points (mayeb not hard enough) and I did have a go at the app(s). Should I go in to a branch and ask them? (That might be a difficult task here in the country). Has any one had any luck in using the Nong Hyup apps?

Re: Viewing recent transactions on my NH account
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:04:04 pm »
I remember having to fill out forms to get online banking with NH. WIthout internet banking, I don't think you can use the App either.

Without it, I think the easiest way is just to update your bank book frequently and read it the old fashion way.
Open your mind.

• jamonamagnet
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2015, 10:09:26 am
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 02:30:30 pm »
Yes, just put your bank book into the ATM and it will print your transactions in the book.  When the book is full you have to go into the branch to get a new one, although maybe they could send it to you.

• wb
  • Waygookin

• February 24, 2015, 08:52:57 am
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »
You have to sign up for Internet banking at a branch and if possible, get a certificate on the Nonghyup website.

Once you have it, store it in an USB key so as to use it anytime you need to access to your balance. I don't know whether you can access internet banking simply using a password and username.

On the whole, I do not recall it as a difficult task as it seems

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 02:52:47 pm »
You have to sign up for Internet banking at a branch and if possible, get a certificate on the Nonghyup website.

Once you have it, store it in an USB key so as to use it anytime you need to access to your balance. I don't know whether you can access internet banking simply using a password and username.

On the whole, I do not recall it as a difficult task as it seems

I hated the usb way. If you have a computer/laptop you use 90% of the time, simply install the certificate and security program onto that computer. That way you don't have to plug in a usb all the time.  (Although with a usb, you can check your balance on any computer, but again, you'd have to carry the usb all the time. Also, you can't have more than 1 certificate installed at a time.)
Open your mind.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »
Yes, just put your bank book into the ATM and it will print your transactions in the book.  When the book is full you have to go into the branch to get a new one, although maybe they could send it to you.

I do have a bank book, but I've never used it. How far back will these transactions go? Back to the very first one?
Will it show incomings (that's what I'm most interested in here)?

• jamonamagnet
  • Expert Waygook

more
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:08:05 pm »

I do have a bank book, but I've never used it. How far back will these transactions go? Back to the very first one?
Will it show incomings (that's what I'm most interested in here)?

It will go back to the first one that is not yet printed.  In your case, maybe the very first one.

It shows all credits and debits.

If it's been a while it might take some time to print, and if you fill the book you'll need to get a new one to continue printing.

I recommend to everyone to keep their book up to date, then you can refer to it at any time.

• wb
  • Waygookin

• February 24, 2015, 08:52:57 am
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:48:42 pm »
Printing the book works as well although be prepared to wait for long, especially if you use your card a lot.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 01:21:26 pm »
I would urge you to set-up online banking.

I've been able to download my transaction files and open them up in Excel. It was incredibly helpful in figuring out what I was spending money on. And since my Korean was absolute shit, most times I could use a translation app to decipher some of the businesses listed.
“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”
-- Bernard Baruch (also attributed to Dr. Seuss )

------

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 01:26:10 pm »
there's a machine located inside the branch that can be used to pay bills and other things. it also allows you to print out statements for specific periods of time, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months etc.

• jamonamagnet
  • Expert Waygook

more
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 01:46:29 pm »

I've been able to download my transaction files and open them up in Excel. It was incredibly helpful in figuring out what I was spending money on. And since my Korean was absolute shit, most times I could use a translation app to decipher some of the businesses listed.

Online banking is a joke here.  I can't use it on my own PC because I run Linux, and the security software is not compatible.  I can't use it on my phone because I have to use an app, and my bank's app insists on installing Ahnlab.  I refuse to have that on my phone, so it's a stalemate.

Most of my spending is on my credit card however, so I get a detailed statement mailed to me every month.  When the credit card bill is paid I see a single line in my bank book, which is the single payment to the card company.

• Cwbatson
  • Adventurer

• March 04, 2013, 09:18:14 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 01:51:28 pm »
What's wrong with AhnLab I use it and there's no problem.

KEB's online banking on smartphones is great.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 03:42:45 pm »

I'm not familiar with these. Do they have English options too?

• z80
  • Expert Waygook

• August 24, 2014, 07:34:50 pm
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »
What's wrong with AhnLab I use it and there's no problem.

hahahahahahahaha, Troll!

With Ahnlabs there is never a problem. That's the problem!