Read 1130 times

• mikeD
  • Super Waygook

• March 31, 2013, 07:46:49 pm
    • Geoje, South Korea
Severance pay before I leave
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:04:21 am »
I was wondering about collecting severance befoe I leave Korea. I know some people who get it on their last pay and others have had problems and only received it months later. What can I do to get it before I leave? I'm Gyeongsamnamdo.

• farzshmarz
  • Adventurer

• April 29, 2014, 03:48:17 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Severance pay before I leave
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »
My gf is going through this right now. Her school is saying they will give her the exit allowance and severance 2 weeks after her contract ends  even though she leaves the country the day after, but what about people who can't access their accounts from outside of the country. There must be a way that you can get it on your last paycheck. Anyone know anything about this?

• country09
  • Expert Waygook

• January 05, 2011, 10:04:21 am
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:02:47 pm »
There are accounts that automatically transfer your money to your US account. I know there is one with KEB. It has been talked about numerous times on this website. Do a quick Google search or search this site for the information. Sorry I do not remember the name of the account.

OP I do not know there is much you can do to force the situation. They are not required by law to give it on your last day. You can contact your admin office and hopefully they can work with you but there is no guarantee.

• farzshmarz
  • Adventurer

• April 29, 2014, 03:48:17 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »
Hey OP. My gf just called the office of Ed. and told them she wont be able to access her account out of the country, and explained her situation about wanting the money before she leaves, so they spoke to her school and her admin office and told them they need to give it to her the day her contract ends, and they agreed. So.. it's very possible. :)

• mikeD
  • Super Waygook

• March 31, 2013, 07:46:49 pm
    • Geoje, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:06:55 pm »
Hey OP. My gf just called the office of Ed. and told them she wont be able to access her account out of the country, and explained her situation about wanting the money before she leaves, so they spoke to her school and her admin office and told them they need to give it to her the day her contract ends, and they agreed. So.. it's very possible. :)

Good news!!! Thanks!