Read 1301 times

• adelle56
  • Veteran

• August 28, 2014, 09:49:49 pm
    • Korea
Small Class Size
« on: March 04, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »
I feel like I have a really great opportunity to actually teach my classes something this semester :laugh:, haha! I have one class with 7 students (really low level) and two classes of 11 each (slightly higher level). With such small classes I feel like I should be able to teach them better than the big classes I'm used to!... but I'm only used to classes of 30 or more so I'm not sure what to do :sad:... What should I do to give these kids the best lesson? Any small class sugestions?

• Kingeudey
  • Veteran

• December 16, 2010, 08:57:02 am
    • Korea
Re: Small Class Size
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 01:17:00 pm »
I have the same exact situation.
It's really just like the other situation.  The only great thing is you can be a little more attentive. 

A detraction would be that it makes it harder to do "team" work and pairs can be difficult as one is the odd man out (so they work with you and you can't roam).

I find that role plays are a little easier because their attention is a little easier to hold, but that's student to student.  And role plays can be fun, because you can get them to act.

The hardest thing is only seeing them once a week and having to move through each lesson that week, leaving maybe 2 days to work each chapter.  Wholly ineffective process, but oh well.