Read 2138 times

• Haibrok
  • Veteran

• January 21, 2015, 01:24:37 pm
    • Jorvik
Your boss finds out if you use your national health insurance?
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:47:04 am »
Hi,

I've read on Dave's that your boss is informed every time you use your NHIC, in the form that he will be informed that a claim is made.

Is this true?

• Jgrat
  • Super Waygook

• May 16, 2011, 06:14:29 am
    • Siheung
Re: Your boss finds out if you use your national health insurance?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:01:54 am »
No, not for national insurance. Your medical details are confidential, unless you contract a communicable disease like TB. That falls under the regional health authorities and they will contact your employer.

If your hagwon boss has opted for private insurance they will probably get a statement of claims made since there are deductible and limit issues.

If you're concerned you can always go to a private clinic and pay cash.

• baphomet
  • Veteran

• August 01, 2014, 12:19:06 pm
    • Gunpo
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 08:02:11 am »
Hi,

I've read on Dave's that your boss is informed every time you use your NHIC, in the form that he will be informed that a claim is made.

Is this true?

Sadly this true.  I went to the doctor at my last school for a 'male problem' and my principal and head teacher asked me about it and asked if I was ok to work.

• Haibrok
  • Veteran

• Jorvik
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:36:29 am »
So probably better to pay cash at the international clinic in Itaewon and just not tell anybody.  I hear that clinic actually respects medical privacy.

• baphomet
  • Veteran

• August 01, 2014, 12:19:06 pm
    • Gunpo
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 08:41:11 am »
So probably better to pay cash at the international clinic in Itaewon and just not tell anybody.  I hear that clinic actually respects medical privacy.

Just depends.  If you have a crazy gohnoria/syphallus outbreak after a thailand trip might want to keep it on the dl.  If you have a cold it should be ok to use nhs.

• Haibrok
  • Veteran

• Jorvik
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:04:14 am »
I was going to say "Cool, thanks baphomet"

But that sounded weird given my Christian upbringing, lol.

• ashe1590
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2013, 01:07:13 pm
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:10:27 am »
I don't think they do. I have been to the doctors many times and my co-teachers generally don't have a clue when I go or why. I was in hospital and they made me bring some kind of letter from the doctor declaring why I was away from work, and that I was fit to work again. If they are able to see every doctors visit you make, why would they ask for that?

Perhaps f it is some kind of highly contagious disease that could affect your job, they might tell your employer, but I doubt they would know every single time you go to the doctor and why.

• madison79
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 19, 2010, 01:26:04 pm
    • Interweb
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 09:40:04 am »

Just depends.  If you have a crazy gohnoria/syphallus outbreak after a thailand trip might want to keep it on the dl.  If you have a cold it should be ok to use nhs.

Stop paying for sex or wear a condom? 
It's -ev to deal with some people.

• Haibrok
  • Veteran

• Jorvik
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:09:00 am »
Not actually STD related, lol.

• tamjen
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 19, 2013, 08:08:14 am
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:05 am »

Stop paying for sex or wear a condom?

Playing the devil's advocate here, but we all pay for sex, somehow, someway. It may not be as simple as a cash for a short time transaction, but we pay. I built my wife a house, in her home village, surrounded by her family. It wasn't 100% altruistic!
Hail Caesar