Read 1074 times

EPIK APPLICATION QUESTION
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:17:09 am »
 Hey all,
   I am nearly finished with my EPIK application, but am unsure of how to answer to the "have you ever been convicted of a crime" question. Before anyone assumes I am a homicidal maniac trying to flee to Korea, I just had traffic offenses that led to a 12 point suspension on my license. I realize it obviously says "traffic offenses included", but just how in detail should I go? Is simply posting in the notes "12-point license suspension, has since been removed" enough? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Redondo
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2012, 05:28:11 am
    • toronto
Re: EPIK APPLICATION QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:11 am »
I'm pretty sure that is not a criminal offense. I'm sure if it was something serious like drunk driving you would have more than just a license suspension.

• poppy
  • Veteran

• May 07, 2010, 12:33:32 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:24:29 am »
Will it show up on your criminal record check?  If it doesn't show then I wouldn't mention it.  With the amount of applications that they receive they won't care what the offence was.  They will see the yes and move on to the next application. 

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 01:22:22 am »
I am not sure if it will show up on my criminal record check, many websites I have searched say yes possibly. I had to go to court for a 12 point suspension... I want to be honest in the case that it does. Will they really just toss aside my application without even reading more because of simple driving offenses?

• poppy
  • Veteran

• May 07, 2010, 12:33:32 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:38:20 am »
I don't know for sure that they would toss your application aside but there is a big part of me that feels like they would.  These days there have been a lot of cutbacks in EPIK jobs with fewer and fewer positions.  They can afford to be picky with the applications.  You might get lucky but it all depend on who looks at it.  All you can do is try and hope for the best.