Read 1231 times

• abby92
  • Newgookin

• January 26, 2015, 01:10:54 pm
How do Canadians stay in Korea without the hassle of visas?
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »
My fiance got a job in Korea, and I would like to spend a year or more in Korea after I'm done with my school. I am just there to spend time with him, and self-study Korean. I have no interest in working or going to school in Korea.

How do Canadians stay in Korea without the hassle of visas?

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
Re: How do Canadians stay in Korea without the hassle of visas?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »
a visa is a necessary, and legal, document. it grants you the freedom to enter a country (to pass a port). you are not a citizen of korea, and are therefore not privileged the same rights and freedoms. a tourist visa lasts for 90 days, if you stay any longer you are subject to deportation.

but the easy way to get around this is to go on a visa run before the tourist visa ends. this means leaving the country and re-entering it on a new tourist visa.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:23:23 pm »
Canadians get a 6 month tourist visa. You'd just have to take one trip and reenter to stay for a year. not bad!

• pantsu
  • Veteran

• June 09, 2014, 10:49:36 pm
    • Jeonbuk
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 11:40:11 pm »
Canadians get a 6 month tourist visa. You'd just have to take one trip and reenter to stay for a year. not bad!

You don't have to worry about a visa, OP. Canadians get 180 continuous days visa-free. Renew by taking a cheap round-trip plane to Japan for a day.