An example song by the Brown Eyed Girls K-Pop group
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofwFr8o8p0Y

• wziller
  • Explorer

• January 03, 2011, 10:37:00 am
    • San Antonio, tx
Re: Which "brown eyed girl" is better?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:28:27 pm »
I think the van morrison is better because it is easier to understand and the video is way less distracting.

• soomee
  • Explorer

• April 26, 2011, 01:00:12 pm
    • SOUTH KOREA,SEOUL
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:50 pm »
I prefer second one ~ cause it's interesting....... ;)

• Harlequin
  • Adventurer

• March 23, 2011, 08:12:52 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »
I like the second one, the girls are really talented imo.

• Koter
  • Adventurer

• April 28, 2011, 12:40:55 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:32 pm »
I like the brown eyed girl in the middle. :o

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 01:47:47 pm »
Time tells. Van Morrison recorded Brown Eyed Girl in 1967 and it is still popular. Where will the Brown Eyed Girls and their music be in 2055????

I wonder...hmmmmmmmmm m
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

• elzoog
  • Expert Waygook

• July 15, 2009, 08:22:23 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 01:54:52 pm »
Time tells. Van Morrison recorded Brown Eyed Girl in 1967 and it is still popular. Where will the Brown Eyed Girls and their music be in 2055????

I wonder...hmmmmmmmmm m

Gotta agree with you there.

If the Beatles were popular merely because they had cute songs (which is all Koreans seem to be interested in) we would also be talking about the Dave Clark Five (who were popular at the same time and had some songs that are quite nice to listen to).

The reason hardly anybody talks about the Dave Clark Five today is, they had no edge.  Whereas the Beatles had edge.  The Beatles challenged us to think about pop music.   The Dave Clark Five were merely "entertaining".

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 02:12:05 pm »

I wonder...hmmmmmmmmm m

Gotta agree with you there.

Gotta agree with you there! The summer of '67 man...arguably the most influential few months in modern music history.

If the Beatles were popular merely because they had cute songs (which is all Koreans seem to be interested in) we would also be talking about the Dave Clark Five (who were popular at the same time and had some songs that are quite nice to listen to).

The reason hardly anybody talks about the Dave Clark Five today is, they had no edge.  Whereas the Beatles had edge.  The Beatles challenged us to think about pop music.   The Dave Clark Five were merely "entertaining".
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 01:16:04 pm »
Van Morrison is just simply the best - because that's the one I grew up singing along to.  The other songs I mess up when I sing along in the car or something :)
visit my other site at http://ulsanonline.com

• cruisemonkey
  • Expert Waygook

• March 25, 2011, 02:17:57 pm
    • China
    more
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 02:12:40 pm »
I was agast to see nothing but pre-pubescent girls when I started watching the 'cute' video of  V. M.'s Brown-Eyed Girl and was thinking the idiot who made this has never listened carefully to the lyrics -

Sometime I'm overcome thinking 'bout
Making love in the green grass
Behind the stadium with you
My brown eyed girl

... but I see he edited those lines out.

P.S. B-EG is one of my all-time favourite songs - fond memories of: green grass, stadiums and a certain, brown-eyed girl.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:53:54 pm by cruisemonkey »
The Ks once gave me five minutes notice. I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

• e72882
  • Veteran

• April 15, 2011, 09:59:10 am
    • Suncheon, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »
Are we basing this solely on the lyrics and music or are we basing this on which video is better? I assume we are judging the videos as they were posted.

Anyways my take. I love the "Brown Eyed Girl" version by Van Morrison and I always have. A true classic that most people my age (28) can say that they have heard and most do so fondly. I am not a big fan of K-Pop as I find most of the songs to be dumb with the intent to be cute and entertain with little substance to the actual music. That being said not all k-pop songs are bad, just most of them IMO.

I am also not a big fan K-pop music videos as they aren't really all that interesting to me. I would give the edge to Van Morrison solely on the fact that the person who made the video listened to the lyrics he wanted to and he fashioned a video based on it. Even though it might not be completely accurate. The Brown Eyed Girls are on of the many one hit wonder K-pop bands that won't last very long and they probably won't make much of a name for themselves outside of East Asia if they ever make it out of Korea.