Read 1452 times

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
GEPIK airfare reimbursement question
« on: December 27, 2014, 01:35:56 pm »
Is there a cut off time/date that you have to give your school a copy of your plane ticket to get the reimbursement? I'm assuming you can't submit it after you finish your contract, but I just don't know. Right now, I'm debating staying or leaving. I'm still actively seeking work but if I get to February 27th and have no job, I have still have a little under a month to keep looking (because my doesn't expire until then), but I don't want to throw away the airfare because if I don't find a job that will come in handy financially. Also, since it's a reimbursement, has anyone had the experience of booking a ticket elsewhere (other than your home country) and getting reimbursed? I'm thinking if I leave here, I'll do WWOOFing for awhile, so it'll be to Europe or Australia, or New Zealand.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• philby1985
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2013, 09:10:49 am
    • Daejeon
Re: GEPIK airfare reimbursement question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 02:27:35 pm »
Best thing to do would be to email GEPIK and find out, but I remember reading somewhere (i'm in EPIK) that paperwork is meant to be lodged 2 weeks prior to the end of your contract.

• plan b
  • Veteran

• March 22, 2013, 11:53:06 am
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 03:26:31 pm »
OP..are you missing the bigger picture? You have 10 days after the completion date of your contract to get out of the country, in order to get reimbursed. You will need to fax over the the exit stamp from customs to get your money. If you stay 11 days...then you will forfeit every single won of that 1.5 million won reimbursement.

In my case I just went to Japan..they didnt care what country I went to as long as I left Korea.

• philby1985
  • Expert Waygook

• Daejeon
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
You have 10 days after the completion date of your contract to get out of the country, in order to get reimbursed. You will need to fax over the the exit stamp from customs to get your money. If you stay 11 days...then you will forfeit every single won of that 1.5 million won reimbursement.

Maybe the GEPIK contract is different, but I just checked my EPIK contract and it states

"If the Employee successfully completes his/her duties set forth in this contract for the full Term of the complement specified herein and exit the country within 30 days from the last day of the Contract, the Employee shall be entitled to an Exit allowance of 1,300,000 Korean Won"

Does GEPIK only give you 10 days to get out?

• travelinpantsgirl
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 04:22:30 pm »
I don't feel like opening my contract right now but I'm fairly certain on the GEPIK wiki it is not on there about the ten days nor is it in my contract. But thanks for the info about them not caring what country you go to. As for the timeline for submission, I would email my coordinator but he stopped replying to my emails.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• philby1985
  • Expert Waygook

• Daejeon
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 04:59:48 pm »
There should be a guide for contract renewal and non-renewal (my city releases one). Try and get your hands on that. It might answer your questions.

As for them ignoring your emails, just sign up for a new account and send them an email under a different name  :evil:

• Korea13
  • Super Waygook

• May 29, 2013, 08:36:18 am
    • korea
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »
Gepik contract. Must leave Korea within 10 days after the completion of the contract. Must summit boarding pass, immigration exit Stamp to your school in order to get the exit allowance. You can either travel to your country or to another country of your choice as long as you leave within the 10 days and summit your paperwork.