Read 4366 times

• mick2064
  • Adventurer

• March 08, 2012, 04:51:45 pm
    • Korea
China Z visa medical in Korea
« on: December 23, 2014, 07:58:28 am »
Anyone know where you can can a China working visa (Z visa) medical check done in a Busan hospital?

• withmatt
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2013, 08:32:24 am
    • Guri
Re: China Z visa medical in Korea
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:56:11 am »
I'm applying for one right now.  My school provided me with a list but I am going to one in Seoul.  It's all in Korean so if you need help translating anything just shoot me a PM or email me. 

The hospitals I have talked to also said you need 170,000 won, your passport, and 3 passport sized photos. 

Here are the 3 in Busan:
1) 부산고신대학교 복음 병원 :부산광역시 서구 암남동 34번지 ☎ (051) 990-6114
2) 부산대학교병원 : 부산광역시 서구 아미동 1가 10번지 ☎ (051)254-0171
3) 좋은 강안병원 : 부산광역시 수영구 남천동 40-1번지 ☎ (051)625-0900

And the web site for Busan chinese visa checks:
http://busan.china-consulate.org/kor/lsfw/qianzheng/mingdan/t326376.htm

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:38:52 am »
170,000 seems to be average price. Got my at St. Mary's in Seoul. Korean citizens don't need the checks but other countries do.

• fshgirl76
  • Adventurer

• December 06, 2013, 01:44:23 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:28:49 pm »
Hi guys,

Was the Busan hospital medical acceptable? Did you have to pre-book an appointment or could you just turn up? Since the form is only in Chinese and English, did that pose any issues at the hospital?

How long did the actual z visa process take from application to delivery? How much did it cost?

Other than the medical, visa application form, work permit, invitation letter and photos, did you need anything else?

Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »
We are looking for a list of hospitals in Seoul ourselves.

So far we just know Severance and St. Mary's (apparently) do medical checks for the Z visa.

I'm doing my best but finding it impossible to find a list of the approved hospitals. Calling the embassy hasn't helped at all.

If anyone can point us in the right direction (list of hospitals) it would be really useful!  :cheesy:

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 07:58:31 am »
I just had my health check done at Hyemin hospital. It's at Guui station (line 2) out of exit 4. Open weekdays 8:30-4:00 and Saturday 8:30-11:00.

The office is tucked away at the back of the hospital. The reception desk can give you directions.

Cost 170,000 won. They have all the paperwork you will need. Just take 4 passport photos.

I also asked the Chinese embassy about their list of approved hospitals. I was told no such list exists.

• 5mori
  • Adventurer

• May 25, 2012, 09:21:38 am
    • Gunpo
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:55:52 pm »
We are looking for a list of hospitals in Seoul ourselves.

So far we just know Severance and St. Mary's (apparently) do medical checks for the Z visa.

I perhaps encountered the same info you did - googled this and found St. Mary's (some kind of press release, perhaps this is what you found too?).  However, when I called them, they were very curt about saying they do no such tests.  China is infamous for having people redo the medical exams when they enter on the Z visa, so maybe St. Mary's was getting complaints that their 'official' tests ended up not being so official after all, though I guess there are countless other possibilities as to why they no longer do these tests mere months after announcing that they did....

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 06:07:22 pm »
Anyone have personal experience with this?

Especially if you take some academy job with a probationary period you'd want to wait and save your money and do the test in China.

Perhaps this is a prerequisite now for getting Z-visa documents if outside the country.

If you switched jobs a couple months later then you'd need to do the check in China (can't remember the price, 100,000-120,000/600-800rmb perhaps).

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 07:20:19 pm »
I'm going to need to get a medical check done for my z-visa. Anyone got any updated experience? I assume it's possible to do these on Saturdays?

There's an international clinic in Busan with English-speaking staff who do a fine job. They are not open on Saturdays.

FWIW I had to do one to get the visa and then another once I entered China!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:36:13 pm by meepmoopimmarobots »

• Summer
  • Veteran

• April 24, 2011, 11:53:13 am
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 07:39:36 pm »
I'm going to need to get a medical check done for my z-visa. Anyone got any updated experience? I assume it's possible to do these on Saturdays?

There's an international clinic in Busan with English-speaking staff who do a fine job. They are not open on Saturdays.

I'll be doing it int Seoul. Most likely the one in 신촌.  ;D
Did you know that eco-friendly can be budget-friendly?

Use my gift code NOQ158 to get $10 off $40 or more; or take $5 orders totaling less than $40.

Choose from 35,000+ healthy and "green" products (grocery items, beauty and cosmetics, and more). Visit iHerb.com today!

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 08:24:32 pm »

I'll be doing it int Seoul. Most likely the one in 신촌.  ;D

Ah. Sorry, then no clue!  :-[

• chocomocha
  • Newgookin

• November 30, 2011, 12:49:28 pm
    • Asan South Korea
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »
Umm I did the check here in Korea and I went to teach in China. Got there and I had to do the test again. Some provinces will not not accept outside China medical checks Jiangsu is one of them. They have there own hospitals that are set up for this. I would say check to make sure you spend all this money and get to China and have to fork out another 200 dollars.

• tamjen
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 19, 2013, 08:08:14 am
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 06:37:12 pm »
I had my medical check to get my Chinese Z- visa at Hyemin Hospital in Seoul. The instructions to get there above are spot on, by Guui Subway station. I went because they're open Saturdays, but get there early, it's busy.

The folks there were friendly and efficient, they didn't speak much English but they sure tried and made it as pleasant as possible.

My university in China sent the forms and Hyemin Hospital was totally used to the procedure and did everything perfectly. Signing and stamping everywhere and everything. I sent the papers to China and there was no problems.

The cost was 170,000 Won.

This was strictly to get my Z-Visa, I have to have another medical when I get to China but the uni will pay for all of that.
Hail Caesar

• Content2roam
  • Adventurer

• April 25, 2014, 03:03:40 pm
    • Gwangyang, Jeollanamdo
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 10:30:52 am »
How long did it take to get the papers? Were you able to get them same day or did you have to go back to the hospital?

• jthib42
  • Newgookin

• May 30, 2011, 03:27:13 pm
    • south Korea
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 02:17:18 pm »
Hi. It's been awhile since this thread was updated.  I live near Busan and need a health check for the Z Visa.  One hospital quoted me 500,000.  Anyone have any luck at a hospital in or near Busan?  Thanks