Read 1522 times

• draco888
  • Super Waygook

• August 11, 2013, 09:11:35 pm
Renewal contract with principal
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:42:40 pm »
This may be a stupid question but here goes anyway.....

Talking with my CT who said any renewed contract would be with the Principal rather than the Provincial Office of Education because it is a renewal. Does this sound a little odd? Maybe it's just a bit lost in translation and she just means he will sign it?

• SKhero
  • Veteran

• March 03, 2014, 03:06:49 pm
Re: Renewal contract with principal
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »
Doesn't seem odd at all. I think that all contracts go through the school at one point. When you first applied, you sent all of the paperwork to EPIK and they processed it and sent the contract to the POE, which sent it to your school. Your school signed it and then it was sent to you so that you could apply for your visa. However, being that this is a renewal, you don't EPIK and or the POE to process the paper work for you as it is already archived.  As is the case, you simply go through your school, which means that you'll need both your school's seal and the Principal's signature to validate your contract. After this, you keep a copy, your school keeps a copy, and they send one to the POE. At least that's how it was done for me.

• draco888
  • Super Waygook

• August 11, 2013, 09:11:35 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:22:47 pm »
ok, that makes sense, it's just that my current contract was signed by POE not the school.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:24:08 pm »
It may be a different situtation, but my coteacher told me that my renewal was entirely up to my principal this time and not like the MOE last year.

• emwsu
  • Veteran

• November 28, 2010, 09:19:06 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:31:18 pm »
It could also be a budget issue as well. Some schools might be getting funding else where now to keep foreign teachers.

I'm pretty sure the principals sign all contracts anyways. I sent my paperwork to my school and not the MOE, when I was applying for a visa.