Read 1068 times

• Uncandy
  • Adventurer

• May 23, 2014, 09:06:48 pm
    • Hamyang
Sick accountant=no pay
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:41 pm »
Hey all,

I was supposed to be paid last friday but the accountant was sick and went home early before paying me. I talked to my school and they said I would be paid Monday and they apologised.

Come Monday the accountant is still sick and and am not getting paid today. I asked and they said they don't have access to her stamps so they can't pay me. So it seems that however long she is sick is how long I will have to wait to get paid. Anyone know If I can go to my education office and get paid directly from them? any tips on how to approach this, I dont want to offend but I also want them to know this is a big no-no.

Danke

• ashe1590
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2013, 01:07:13 pm
Re: Sick accountant=no pay
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:06:25 pm »
Do you usually get paid on time and is this the first time you haven't?

If you are working in a public school (which you obviously are) I wouldn't worry too much about it. Obviously she is legitimately sick and will pay you when you are back. I'd just use a little understanding and empathy to deal with the situation if it is out of the ordinary.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »
It sounds like a one time deal. If you have money in savings or reserve then it's not gonna be a problem. If you live paycheck to paycheck then it's a big deal. How long have you worked at the school and have you ever had a peoblem getting paid before? If you have been around awhile and they always pay you then let it go. No worries. If you have no money then try to explain you have bills ect.....
Good Luck
"Keep 'em comin', sweets, I got a long drive. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?"

Ernie McCracken

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 02:11:12 pm »
Sorry to hear about the delay.

If it is a one-off event, I would be firm, polite, and understanding about it (accountants in Korea are rarely out sick  :wink:, so when they are, you know it is serious).

If it happened again, the sickness might spread until the money was paid.

I hope you are not living hand to mouth.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »
Like others said if it's a one time thing let it slide. It's a pain, but a bit of understanding does go a long way. If it's a habitual thing then I might raise hell. It sounds kind of on the level to me. As much as I enjoy Korea they are so unorganized.

• steven1080
  • Veteran

• September 02, 2011, 08:57:52 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 02:40:38 pm »
A public school.. your money is safe. They really are sick. I hope you do not live pay to pay here and can go a few days without pay.