Read 1654 times

• jw622
  • Newgookin

• August 30, 2012, 11:40:36 pm
    • gwangju
Apostille process for saffas. High court or DIRCO?
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »
I'm busy getting my documents ready to return to Korea. Last time (2012) I just went to the local high court to get my degree and pcc apostilled and had no problems getting my VISA. I now see, on the ahemblimblam.what website, that it can only be done by sending the documents to DIRCO.

Has anyone recently tried to apply with documents apostilled by the high court only? Or does anyone know if it is possibly only public school positions that require documents apostilled by DIRCO and dont recognise those apostilled by the high court? I will be applying for a hagwon position.

Thanks

Re: Apostille process for saffas. High court or DIRCO?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:13:04 am »
I think this will be the only way to get one's documents apostilled.

I've made use of a company called Nevetec in CPT in August 2014 who personally take your degrees and fingerprints for CRC to DIRC in Pretoria for apostilization. They stated that documents apostilled by a high court might not be accepted at all - it has to go through DIRC.

Whether you apply to teach at a hagwon or public school, if your documents are apostilled by DIRC, then you're sorted.

• Yaya
  • Featured Contributor

• May 08, 2014, 01:25:18 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:48 am »
I did mine 6 months ago... but it was through an agency called docs4expats.

• Ruffwed
  • Waygookin

• October 22, 2014, 01:03:33 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:18:43 pm »
do these companies do the entire process? Did you send your finger prints and paperwork to them and they sent it all off to the FBI and then also got it notorized and apostilled and then sent it to you here, in korea?

• Yaya
  • Featured Contributor

• May 08, 2014, 01:25:18 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 08:22:05 am »
No.
The fingerprinting has to be done at your local police station. They then send it up to Pretoria for police clearance (I chose to send mine myself using Postnet because I was worried that it would get lost or forgotten). The police clearance took just over a month, but that may be because it was done in January and they had a lot of stuff left over from December. Some people have gotten it in less time, some more.

Your police clearance certificate will be mailed to you, and then you can post it off to docs4expats who will take it to be apostilled and then send it back to you.  Docs4expats took about a week with my apostilling.
I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS A NEW REQUIREMENT NOW SO PLEASE CHECK INTO THIS.

Hope this helps!

• jw622
  • Newgookin

• August 30, 2012, 11:40:36 pm
    • gwangju
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »

So.. you can get your documents apostilled at any high court as long as they have the ribbon and seal. I've just gotten my PCC and degree certificate done, for the second time, at the Grahamstown high court.

• scholes
  • Expert Waygook

• May 12, 2011, 10:01:50 pm
    • Beomgye
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 11:34:51 pm »
No.
The fingerprinting has to be done at your local police station. They then send it up to Pretoria for police clearance (I chose to send mine myself using Postnet because I was worried that it would get lost or forgotten). The police clearance took just over a month, but that may be because it was done in January and they had a lot of stuff left over from December. Some people have gotten it in less time, some more.

Your police clearance certificate will be mailed to you, and then you can post it off to docs4expats who will take it to be apostilled and then send it back to you.  Docs4expats took about a week with my apostilling.
I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS A NEW REQUIREMENT NOW SO PLEASE CHECK INTO THIS.

Hope this helps!

Docs4expats is a little weird. Why cant you just post it urself once you have it. They are supposed to collect it themselves, walk over to the other side and get apostilled certificate  the next morning from Dirc. A courier will do these services for much less.