Read 8364 times

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
Re: Why Women are Choosing to Stay Single
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »
I objected most to the part about women viewing poor men as useless. You mean women still want to marry up? You mean they still demand special privileges due to their gender while expecting equality when it's convenient? Fortunately, men have better options overseas outside of the femisphere.

• Archeon
  • Expert Waygook

• August 21, 2012, 02:36:28 pm
    • Ulsan
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 01:48:37 pm »
Don't feed the troll.

You could pretty much flip the gender in the article and get the same list.

I know all of those in some way applied to me at one time.
I will tolerate your existence only so far as it doesn't infringe on science.

• Nivea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 02, 2011, 11:23:30 pm
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 02:19:41 pm »
I objected most to the part about women viewing poor men as useless. You mean women still want to marry up? You mean they still demand special privileges due to their gender while expecting equality when it's convenient? Fortunately, men have better options overseas outside of the femisphere.

Well better than marrying down. Flip it around, who would want to marry a poor man.

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 02:21:13 pm »
Can i getta amen
"Keep 'em comin', sweets, I got a long drive. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?"

Ernie McCracken

• ashe1590
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2013, 01:07:13 pm
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »
Never realized getting paid the same amount to do the exact same job as somebody was a 'special privilege'... The more you know.  :rolleyes:

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 03:21:49 pm »
Well better than marrying down. Flip it around, who would want to marry a poor man.
Women usually don't marry down a class. Emphasis on "usually", because I'm sure you'll find some rich, trust-fund, girl who married some guy from the picket white fence middle class. By "class" don't mean you have to be richer than her, just that you have to be at least in the same class as her. Like middle class vs 4 generation welfare recipient family.

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »
Never realized getting paid the same amount to do the exact same job as somebody was a 'special privilege'... The more you know.  :rolleyes:

I know what you mean.
The problem I think is that women want to cherry pick only the good parts and leave the bad parts. IMHO
Get dinner paid for, rescued out of burning buildings first, drinks bought for them, hit a guy and not go to jail.....ect.
"Keep 'em comin', sweets, I got a long drive. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?"

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 05:36:51 pm »
Women usually don't marry down a class. Emphasis on "usually", because I'm sure you'll find some rich, trust-fund, girl who married some guy from the picket white fence middle class. By "class" don't mean you have to be richer than her, just that you have to be at least in the same class as her. Like middle class vs 4 generation welfare recipient family.

It doesn't usually happen the other way around either. The super visible cases of mega-rich celebrities marrying people that aren't also worth millions/billions of dollars make up an insignificant fraction of marriages. People generally wind up marrying from similar economic cohorts and things like family background, educational background, and personal values tend to wind up populating your life with people of comparable means.

• ciannagh
  • Super Waygook

• March 03, 2014, 06:34:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 08:43:45 pm »

I know what you mean.
The problem I think is that women want to cherry pick only the good parts and leave the bad parts. IMHO
Get dinner paid for, rescued out of burning buildings first, drinks bought for them, hit a guy and not go to jail.....ect.

While there are a great deal of people like this, not all women are like this. It truly makes me uncomfortable. I pay for my own meals and drinks, and don't think physically assaulting anyone is OK.

• magicmumu
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2014, 06:15:03 pm
    • Seattle, WA
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 09:11:51 am »
I think I am going to pretend I didn't read this.
Treat others how you would like to be treated. Seriously.

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2014, 10:29:16 am »
I think it also has to do with what kind of people you usually hang around, people from different classes or wealthiness don't usually get together.

A friend of mine some years ago changed her field of study, and now her circle of friends have changed some what, she had more opportunities to meet people from another class, richer people to be specific.

Not classes dont mix, just doesnt happen as often. Your circle and extended circle of firends plays a huge role of the kind of person you may end up with...

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2014, 10:46:16 am »
I think it also has to do with what kind of people you usually hang around, people from different classes or wealthiness don't usually get together.

A friend of mine some years ago changed her field of study, and now her circle of friends have changed some what, she had more opportunities to meet people from another class, richer people to be specific.

Not classes dont mix, just doesnt happen as often. Your circle and extended circle of firends plays a huge role of the kind of person you may end up with...

This is it.

And it's not just difference levels of wealth that matters, but different levels of education.

I'm from working class London stock and it's not snootiness but I couldn't see myself dating any character type similar to what I see in my extended family.

Whilst I feel I don't belong in the working classes anymore, I also don't feel I belong in the middle classes either. However true this may be, as I'm attracted to decent conversation and thought provoking intellect, I doubt I could ever fall for someone without some good education in them. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:24:02 pm by Space »

• Panic
  • Veteran

• December 27, 2012, 08:59:08 am
    • Busan
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »
Men and women marry for different reasons.  With a few exceptions women want a man who has more social status and/or wealth than they have.  Men want a woman who is as attractive as possible.  Do other things matter, sure, but these are the starting points.  With women pursuing careers fewer men meet their requirements, with women marrying later fewer of them meet the male requirements (an over simplification but I'm trying to avoid a wall of text).  We are going to see more of this not less.

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2014, 02:44:37 pm »
Because they haven't met me yet!