Read 802 times

• Artisis
  • Veteran

• August 21, 2013, 04:52:28 pm
    • South Korea
Are documents returned or do I need to aply for them again?
« on: October 13, 2014, 11:54:01 am »
Currently I work for EPIK. To get the position I had to summit my FBI backgroundcheck and a notarized copy of my diploma to my recruiter who gave it to EPIK.

If I wanted to pursue other job opprotunities in Korea, will I be able to get these documents back or will I have to reapply for them?

Futhermore, I have my ACTUAL degree in my position but I made a photocopy and had it notarized by my recruiter and THAT was what I turned in. Is this possible to do again? (The thought of sending my one and only college diploma overseas and back kinda scares me).

Re: Are documents returned or do I need to aply for them again?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:13:15 pm »
you can get official copies of your documents from your POE/MOE. so contact them about it.

You can also get official copies from immigration.

Note that when applying for jobs in Korea if you have already lived here, you will need a Korean CRC too.

As an aside, I really wish a mod would write a post about this and make it a sticky somewhere, this question comes up all the time.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Are documents returned or do I need to aply for them again?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 01:28:53 pm »
Futhermore, I have my ACTUAL degree in my position but I made a photocopy and had it notarized by my recruiter and THAT was what I turned in.

Your recruiter notarized a copy of your degree? I didn't know recruiters could do that.

In any case, as the previous poster mentioned, you can get copies of your documents from either your Office of Education (MOE/POE) or the immigration office (that is, assuming you're on an E-2 visa, which it sounds like you are).