Read 2417 times

• Stephanie.
  • Waygookin

• November 11, 2009, 09:10:13 am
    • South Korea
Making Suggestions - Grade 2
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:34:37 am »
Hello!
Here is a lesson that I did with my grade 2 students to practice making suggestions. The word file has the lesson plan and the materials for the speaking activity and the game (you will need to cut these up). The lesson is basically an introduction to making suggestions, followed by a speaking activity where students practice making suggestions and then a Jenga game to review what they have learned. The students really came up with some hilarious suggestions during the talking activity. Hope this helps someone :)

• JimmyJenkins
  • Adventurer

• November 04, 2010, 11:25:09 am
    • Asan, Chungnam-do, Korea
Re: Making Suggestions - Grade 2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:37:46 am »
That's a good idea to use jenga. I took that and made a similar game. Each block in my jenga game is numbered (48 blocks altogether) and I've made either a problem, a 'one more time' (ie. take out another block) or a bomb (minus score) for each block.

In my class we have round tables of about 6 or 7 students. One student will be the 'leader' and will read out the scores (keeping the sheet a secret) and the rest of the group will take out the blocks and give suggestions. If you knock the tower down you're down to zero points!

Hope that makes sense! If you download the word file you'll probably understand better what I'm getting at.