Read 196452 times

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 11, 2016, 12:55:18 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do, ROK
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #560 on: August 23, 2017, 08:16:23 am »
Thanks Kobayashi. You are so helpful!!!  :azn:

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• August 18, 2016, 11:14:47 am
    • Nibiru
« Reply #561 on: August 23, 2017, 08:26:26 am »
Thanks Kobayashi. You are so helpful!!!  :azn:

no prob  8)

« Reply #562 on: August 23, 2017, 11:28:19 am »
I sat for the placement test, and I will be starting at level 4 in 2 weeks. My question is, is there anything I need to buy in preparation for this class? Do I have to buy a textbook online, or will it be available for purchase when I show up for the first class? Do I need to bring my laptop with me? Will I need any additional online resources? I'm curious because I only have a Macbook, and my school computer rejects the socinet website, so I would like to be prepared if I'm going to have to hang out at the PC rooms more often.

the teacher will bring the textbook for you. you need to buy it from them. i think the cost is 7,000 Won? try to bring exact change as usually loads of people bring manwons and then the poor teacher usually struggles to give them all change.

any other additional materials should be supplied in class. i didn't use a computer at all for the class.

Thanks so much for helping! I will bring all cheon won bills to help out the teacher. Can you give me an idea of how heavy the homework load might be? Like on average how many hours do you think you spent weekly on hw and study outside of class?
Sometimes the teachers don't bring the books with them. You can find them at the Kyobo bookstore or on Gmarket. The book is called 이민자를 위한 한국어와 한국문화
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=654420650

Edit: Or you can search for the PDFs on Youtube, just type in KIIP - Level 4 and it should come up.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:30:15 am by Seoulcutie »

• damocha
  • Adventurer

• July 31, 2015, 11:50:00 pm
« Reply #563 on: August 23, 2017, 03:22:50 pm »
I took the pre-test a year ago in Busan but I'm moving to a different city and district. I haven't taken any classes yet.

1) Do I have to take the pre-test again in my new district?
2) It's been almost a year and I can still see all the class offerings in Busan. If I don't have to re-take the pre-test, how can I change the settings so I can see the class offerings in my new district?

« Reply #564 on: August 23, 2017, 05:58:39 pm »
I don't think you need to retake it damocha.  I moved from Bucheon to Seoul in the middle of participating in 3단계, then passed the test a few weeks later.  I simply changed my address and updated it on the site (automatic) and it gave me different choices for where to take 4단계.

If you've already updated your address with immigration (I hope you did soon after moving, or there's a fine you might be liable for if you haven't notified them), then when you automatically update your new residence on the 사회통합 site, then a list of locations near to you will appear for you to apply to.

• DNogitsune
  • Adventurer

• October 18, 2010, 09:04:05 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #565 on: August 24, 2017, 09:47:35 am »
Damocha, you do have to retake the test. The limit is 6 months. You can change the settings anytime you like by logging on the site.

« Reply #566 on: August 24, 2017, 10:06:05 am »
Quote from: kobayashi on August 22, 2017, 06:18:33 PM
Quote from: JahMoo on August 22, 2017, 05:33:26 PM
I sat for the placement test, and I will be starting at level 4 in 2 weeks. My question is, is there anything I need to buy in preparation for this class? Do I have to buy a textbook online, or will it be available for purchase when I show up for the first class? Do I need to bring my laptop with me? Will I need any additional online resources? I'm curious because I only have a Macbook, and my school computer rejects the socinet website, so I would like to be prepared if I'm going to have to hang out at the PC rooms more often.

the teacher will bring the textbook for you. you need to buy it from them. i think the cost is 7,000 Won? try to bring exact change as usually loads of people bring manwons and then the poor teacher usually struggles to give them all change.

any other additional materials should be supplied in class. i didn't use a computer at all for the class.

Thanks so much for helping! I will bring all cheon won bills to help out the teacher. Can you give me an idea of how heavy the homework load might be? Like on average how many hours do you think you spent weekly on hw and study outside of class?

I just finished the online level 4 class and for the most part there was no additional homework after classes. More than anything I would review vocabulary since there's so much per chapter.

Also as for the book, if you'd like a digital copy there is a pdf you can find online. It is under a youtube video and that's what I used for my class. I just printed it off chapter by chapter since I like being able to write and take notes.

« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2017, 11:47:55 am »
Hi All

Can anyone tell me when the pre-tests are for 2017/2018?

I've been searching for hours  :cry:

Thanks!

« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2017, 08:16:49 pm »
Hi All

Can anyone tell me when the pre-tests are for 2017/2018?

I've been searching for hours  :cry:

Thanks!

★★★2017 KIIP (Korea Immigration and Integration Program) Schedule★★★
1. Education Schedule.
(1) Pre-Test (3 times):
a. Period of Application:
(a) Dec. 8, 2016-Jan. 1, 2017 (Test Date: Jan. 7, 2017)
(b) Jan. 16, 2017-Apr. 7, 2017 (Test Date: Apr. 15, 2017)
(c) May 8, 2017-Jul. 28, 2017 (Test Date: Aug. 5, 2017)
(d) Sep. 4, 2017-Jan. 2, 2018 (Test will be 2018)
Use code CAM7141 get 5% off at iHerb.com

« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2017, 03:59:24 pm »
Does anyone know how many days you are allowed to be absent before you automatically fail the course?

The class I signed up for, there are only 9 class days of 5.5 hours each. Does that mean if I miss more than 1 I'll fail?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:04:48 pm by jgfmondewc »

« Reply #570 on: August 28, 2017, 08:17:54 am »
Does anyone know how many days you are allowed to be absent before you automatically fail the course?

The class I signed up for, there are only 9 class days of 5.5 hours each. Does that mean if I miss more than 1 I'll fail?

You have to attend more than 80%, so a 50 hour class means you can miss 10 hours.

« Reply #571 on: August 28, 2017, 10:51:36 pm »
Can anyone tell me if let's say I get automatically placed into level 5 after taking the placement tests, would I automatically get points towards my visa? Like does it count as I completed levels 1-4?

« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2017, 11:56:12 am »
As far as I know, you only get any points towards the visa if you complete Lvl 5.

If I am mistaken please advise.

• shostager
  • Super Waygook

• November 06, 2012, 06:08:10 am
« Reply #573 on: August 29, 2017, 12:18:49 pm »
As far as I know, you only get any points towards the visa if you complete Lvl 5.

If I am mistaken please advise.

I technically took level 4 (audited, since 3 was cancelled due to lack of students), but couldn't take the test, and didn't get credit. I then tested into level 5, which I passed. Just got my points visa recently, and as I recall, I got points for completing level 4 and 5 (the reasoning being, I assume, that your language level was high enough to skip level 4, so you just get the points).

« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2017, 06:13:45 pm »
Someone said that if you just claim level zero, you can skip the pre-test and go straight into classes. I just got to Korea and my reading/ pronunciation is poor. So I wouldn't mind starting from the bottom. Does anyone know how to bypass the test in the online system?

I'm also hoping they offer online classes for the low tiers.   
Thank you!

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• August 18, 2016, 11:14:47 am
    • Nibiru
« Reply #575 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:11 am »
Can anyone tell me if let's say I get automatically placed into level 5 after taking the placement tests, would I automatically get points towards my visa? Like does it count as I completed levels 1-4?

yes, if you take level  5 and then pass the test you will get the maximum amount of points you can get towards your visa for completing the KIIP courses.

but you need to make sure you pass the end-of-course test. otherwise you will end up with 0 points, since you haven't actually officially completed any lower levels.

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• June 08, 2010, 03:12:06 pm
    • Busan South Korea

« Reply #577 on: September 18, 2017, 07:20:52 am »
I'm thinking about starting the program...if I were to start at the lowest level about how long would it take me to finish, assuming I passed all the tests on the first try? I want to get the needed points for the f2-7 visa.

Also since its now September, do I have to wait until next year to start classes? Should I just start studying now? And try to place in maybe level one instead of absolute beginner? Thanks!!

« Reply #578 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:28 am »
I'm thinking about starting the program...if I were to start at the lowest level about how long would it take me to finish, assuming I passed all the tests on the first try? I want to get the needed points for the f2-7 visa.

Also since its now September, do I have to wait until next year to start classes? Should I just start studying now? And try to place in maybe level one instead of absolute beginner? Thanks!!

There is a test in Janurary that you can apply for now. I don't know if you are hoping for in-class or online classes, but for level 0 there are no online classes in my area. So I'm going to take the test and try for level 1. Here is hoping they have an online class.

« Reply #579 on: September 18, 2017, 10:26:35 am »

There is a test in Janurary that you can apply for now. I don't know if you are hoping for in-class or online classes, but for level 0 there are no online classes in my area. So I'm going to take the test and try for level 1. Here is hoping they have an online class.

Ok thanks!! Do you know when in January? And is there some sort of test rubric...like things I need to know to be in level 1?...I know how to read hangul and some words, but thats about it.