Read 196456 times

• nicojohnson
  • Waygookin

• October 03, 2010, 07:15:44 pm
    • Ulsan, South Korea
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2017, 09:28:20 am »
Are the dates/locations published for upcoming pre-tests?

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 11, 2016, 12:55:18 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do, ROK
« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2017, 11:20:27 am »
I tried to apply for the pre-test, but it does not give me an option to make a selection on the application page, and therefore will not let me continue....its on the first page of the application. My only option to proceed is to select no I will not take a test and I will start at level 0....any ideas or solutions?

Me too. Does anyone know what we're doing wrong?

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #542 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59:07 am »
I want to sign up for the online class which I heard is available, does anyone know what that would be called on the site?

« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2017, 09:48:24 am »
I want to sign up for the online class which I heard is available, does anyone know what that would be called on the site?
Click the tab at the top of the page labeled 마이페이지, under the flags click 과정신청, you'll see a list of classes that match your level in your area / online.
Under 운영기관명 it says 한국이민재단 and under 주소 it says 온라인 and a time, for example 온라인(11-13시).

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2017, 09:51:23 am »
Click the tab at the top of the page labeled 마이페이지, under the flags click 과정신청, you'll see a list of classes that match your level in your area / online.
Under 운영기관명 it says 한국이민재단 and under 주소 it says 온라인 and a time, for example 온라인(11-13시).
Hmm. There is no option for online this semester then. All the classes listed are in-person at uni campuses.

Hmm. There is no option for online this semester then. All the classes listed are in-person at uni campuses.
It sounds like you just missed it then as online is available for the entire country (aka not regional based). Last week I checked the site for level 5 classes and online was listed, a couple days later they got filled, application period ended, and now the online listings are removed. Currently only offline is available and a much longer list of choices than the week prior.

Has anyone ever encountered an error message on the online class when you click to join? It keeps telling me 'unable to enter or create other conferences during a conference'. It's only happening on my laptop. I'm not having any problems on any other computer but I can only use my laptop for the class. I'm really annoyed it's not working.

Thanks in advance :)

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeonggi-do, ROK
Has anyone ever encountered an error message on the online class when you click to join? It keeps telling me 'unable to enter or create other conferences during a conference'. It's only happening on my laptop. I'm not having any problems on any other computer but I can only use my laptop for the class. I'm really annoyed it's not working.

I'm not sure this is your problem, but make sure your browser is Internet Explorer.

I'm not sure this is your problem, but make sure your browser is Internet Explorer.

Yea I was using IE. It's decided to completely stop working haha! Using a friend's laptop now. Thanks anyway!

Hello ^^ I would like to take this test, but it isn't currently showing up on their site.  I heard it doesn't become available until really near the test date, so does anyone know when the next testing period is?

Also, is there an up-to-date study guide? Or anything in particular that I should focus my studying?

https://gickoblog.wordpress.com/free-korean-classeskiip/test-schedule-for-2017/

According to this, the next pre-test is August 5th.

I'ts kind of hard to say what to study. The 5 levels cover a lot of material. But you can look up the vocab and grammar for each chapter. It's on youtube and there are some blogs that have entire sections just on kiip material. You can also get a link to download the books they use on youtube as well.

Hope this helps ^^

• damocha
  • Adventurer

• July 31, 2015, 11:50:00 pm
Hello ^^ I would like to take this test, but it isn't currently showing up on their site.  I heard it doesn't become available until really near the test date, so does anyone know when the next testing period is?

Also, is there an up-to-date study guide? Or anything in particular that I should focus my studying?

Definitely keep checking the website everyday and sign up as soon as you can. I was able to register 3 months early. They administer the speaking test in the order of test registration so unless you want to wait around for an hour, sign up fast.

For the written portion, I found studying old TOPIK tests helped a lot. The format is very similar and it's nice to get familiar with Korean instructions if you are a beginner. Google search "TOPIK practice test" and you'll get some good ones.

The reading and speaking test is pretty simple. They have you read a beginner-level paragraph and ask basic comprehension questions. Then they'll ask basic questions. Mine were about taking vacations in my home country and the difference between my home country and Korea. Make sure to elaborate so the panel gets a better idea of what your level is.

If you're interested, I wrote a more in-depth post about my experience taking the test.
https://meandna.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/kiip-korean-immigrant-immersion-program-pre-test/

Thank you chichiroxursox and damocha!  This has helped a lot!

• ozzieman
  • Explorer

• August 01, 2017, 11:56:42 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #553 on: August 02, 2017, 12:00:26 am »
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone living in Seoul was able to sign up for evening classes during the week, and where they were located. I know it must change every time, but I'm just curious what people who teach during the day usually do. I'm hoping it's not just dedicate a whole Sunday, but I am mentally preparing myself for that T.T

« Reply #554 on: August 05, 2017, 05:09:26 pm »
So I signed up for the placement exam a while ago but the Assessment Location still says "undecided" even though it's supposed to be on this Saturday. Anyone know if I did something wrong or it's really this last minute?

this happened tto me it wasnt posted unttil about 36 hrs before or something like that

Thank so much, that's what happened.

Just finished the placement test today, anyone know around how long a wait it is before you know your results and can sign up for classes (I heard they fill up pretty fast)?

• miladmzz
  • Newgookin

• April 22, 2016, 11:23:34 am
    • Incheon
« Reply #555 on: August 14, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »
Hey guys,

I hope everyone is having a great summer. So let me cut to the chase , I took level basic two last semester between May to August and in week 8 or 9 my attendance fell below 80% so I stopped going to the classes. I looked it up on google and I realized that I just had to stand by until the new semester registration starts so I can re-register for level 2.
Today the registration started but unfortunately I only get the list of level one and level 0 classes. I called the KIIP office to ask about it and they told me that "After failing a level due to low attendance I had to sit again for the level (Placement ) test otherwise I will be kicked back to level 1 and I will have to start everything over from scratch!"
Now I would like to know if anyone has faced this issue before ? what is your suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you :)

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeonggi-do, ROK
« Reply #556 on: August 22, 2017, 02:33:26 pm »
I sat for the placement test, and I will be starting at level 4 in 2 weeks. My question is, is there anything I need to buy in preparation for this class? Do I have to buy a textbook online, or will it be available for purchase when I show up for the first class? Do I need to bring my laptop with me? Will I need any additional online resources? I'm curious because I only have a Macbook, and my school computer rejects the socinet website, so I would like to be prepared if I'm going to have to hang out at the PC rooms more often.

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• August 18, 2016, 11:14:47 am
    • Nibiru
« Reply #557 on: August 22, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »
I sat for the placement test, and I will be starting at level 4 in 2 weeks. My question is, is there anything I need to buy in preparation for this class? Do I have to buy a textbook online, or will it be available for purchase when I show up for the first class? Do I need to bring my laptop with me? Will I need any additional online resources? I'm curious because I only have a Macbook, and my school computer rejects the socinet website, so I would like to be prepared if I'm going to have to hang out at the PC rooms more often.

the teacher will bring the textbook for you. you need to buy it from them. i think the cost is 7,000 Won? try to bring exact change as usually loads of people bring manwons and then the poor teacher usually struggles to give them all change.

any other additional materials should be supplied in class. i didn't use a computer at all for the class.

• JahMoo
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeonggi-do, ROK
« Reply #558 on: August 22, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »

the teacher will bring the textbook for you. you need to buy it from them. i think the cost is 7,000 Won? try to bring exact change as usually loads of people bring manwons and then the poor teacher usually struggles to give them all change.

any other additional materials should be supplied in class. i didn't use a computer at all for the class.

Thanks so much for helping! I will bring all cheon won bills to help out the teacher. Can you give me an idea of how heavy the homework load might be? Like on average how many hours do you think you spent weekly on hw and study outside of class?

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• August 18, 2016, 11:14:47 am
    • Nibiru
« Reply #559 on: August 23, 2017, 08:12:19 am »

Thanks so much for helping! I will bring all cheon won bills to help out the teacher. Can you give me an idea of how heavy the homework load might be? Like on average how many hours do you think you spent weekly on hw and study outside of class?

i've done Level 1 and 2. the amount of homework hours i did per week was the sum total of ZERO  :laugh:

our teacher used to assign the writing section at the end of each chapter as homework, but after spending 9 hours per week in the class already split across 3x3 hour sessions, the last thing i wanted to do was any extra work outside of class.

they have now made the end-of-course tests significantly more difficult though, so i think it would be good to do some extra studying in your free time if you can. focus mainly on vocabulary and grammar, that is what's tested the most. but again this is for Level 1 and 2, for Level 4 maybe different but i think it's pretty much the same across all the levels.

9 hours per week is already a huge amount of time to spend learning a language. just try to do some extra studying when you can, but don't stress too much about it. if you fail 1 level twice you get automatically pushed through to the next level, so if you're doing it for visa points you can still get those eventually even if you fail the course, it'll just take longer.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:14:05 am by kobayashi »