Read 196463 times

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• August 18, 2016, 11:14:47 am
    • Nibiru
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2016, 12:57:14 pm »
Has anyone else had the problem of being unable to access the KIIP site because of security errors?

yup i had this problem. you have to enable SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 encryption through advanced option in IE. Click on Internet Options, then select the 'Advanced Options' tab. scroll down and then make sure the boxes for SSL2.0 and 3.0 are checked. if they aren't you should also make sure the boxes for TLS1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are checked too.

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• Nibiru
« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2016, 01:33:01 pm »
also just a small request - when you say "classes are opening up on [date]" or "classes opened on [date]" etc., please mention your location and the level you're talking about.

It's very important because the application periods can be completely different for different locations and/or levels, and it could cause confusion.

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2016, 03:33:43 pm »
Has anyone else had the problem of being unable to access the KIIP site because of security errors?

yup i had this problem. you have to enable SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 encryption through advanced option in IE. Click on Internet Options, then select the 'Advanced Options' tab. scroll down and then make sure the boxes for SSL2.0 and 3.0 are checked. if they aren't you should also make sure the boxes for TLS1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are checked too.
Oh boy, thats a lot going on. Thanks! I'll fix those.

« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2016, 09:27:24 am »
Short version:
    To signup for online classes get there before midnight, but if you aren't pregnant or don't have a child they might (will?) kick you out roughly a week before the start of class.

Longer version:
    Last "semester" I was 1st to signup for the online class of my choosing right after midnight (intermediate 1). About a week before the class was going to start they called me and said "no pregnancy, no baby = no online class". Then like 3 days later they said they kicked out so many people that I could come back in if I wanted. I was the only male in our class BTW and about half the class had babies.

This semester I was expecting the same; checked a little before midnight (they opened it at least 15 minutes early) and signed up as 2nd for the online class of my choosing, a week before class "no baby = no class" but they never called me back to re-invite me in. I contacted them and they mentioned they had too many mothers now so I couldn't join. Now a few days before the online class was going to start, the offline class I was hoping to get into was full (long Sunday, 30 min drive), the 2nd class had 0 people out of 30 and so it will get cancelled (long Sat class, 45 min drive), but was able to get into my 3rd choice offline class which is a 30 min drive on both Sat and Sun. I was hoping to have at least one day per weekend open but this works well and is closer than some of the 90 minute drive locations!

I should mention I live between several cities so at best an offline class for me requires a 30 minutes drive one way. Within big cities I'd imagine you've got more of a choice of offline classes.

• Horsey
  • Adventurer

• October 01, 2014, 02:21:08 pm
« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2016, 09:21:24 am »
Does anybody know when the next round of classes will start? Haven't been able to find the 2016 schedule online.

Here's the 2015 schedule: http://keytokorean.com/kiip-%EC%82%AC%ED%9A%8C%ED%86%B5%ED%95%A9%ED%94%84%EB%A1%9C%EA%B7%B8%EB%9E%A8-schedule-and-information/

Thanks

• rowdes
  • Veteran

• June 23, 2010, 02:37:28 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2016, 10:29:28 am »
I believe the next round will commence next year around Feb/March. The current semester is the last of the year.

« Reply #486 on: October 21, 2016, 12:15:39 pm »
i initially signed up for the placement test for the next round of KIIP but I just found out I have to teach an all day saturday English camp that day, is there anyway to back out of the placement test and still not start at the very beginning? I can already read hangul and speak basic things....I'm trying to avoid having the conversation with my school about changing the schedule

• antmar
  • Veteran

• January 13, 2016, 07:03:08 am
    • Pyeongtaek, South Korea
« Reply #487 on: November 15, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »
Will anyone be taking the pre test this upcoming Saturday? Also does anyone know how long after we take the test we will be able to sign up for classes? Thanks!

• damocha
  • Adventurer

• July 31, 2015, 11:50:00 pm
« Reply #488 on: November 15, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
Will anyone be taking the pre test this upcoming Saturday? Also does anyone know how long after we take the test we will be able to sign up for classes? Thanks!

I'm taking it. I'm curious when we can sign up, too. I've read a lot of people stay up and register at midnight so they don't get locked out of the class they want. I think I'm more nervous about registering for the class than the pre-test!

« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2016, 02:11:12 pm »
What you are taking is a level test; there is no pass/fail, they are simply trying to put you into the class that best matches your level. Don't stress.

The signing up at midnight (or better yet, before midnight as it opened early last time), should only affect you if you are trying to get one of the coveted online classes. The offline classes in my area, and you can only see classes in your area, were slow to fill up. If you are concerned then stay up late that special night. Check before midnight, maybe you'll be lucky, worst case at midnight they'll open.

I am unsure when the next semester is, but the current one finishes in December. Also note the list of classes are posted early; first online, then offline, then maybe more offline. You can see the dates for signup, schedule, etc. which helps when planning which day/time to come back for signups.

I was able to successfully join the online class for both of my two "semesters" in the program. But the week before the class would start (and as offline classes were now getting full) they called and asked if I was pregnant or had a baby and could give paperwork to prove it. I am male and have no kids, to which they said sorry as the online class was really for moms who couldn't travel to an offline class and then deleted me from the class. The first semester they apparently kicked out too many people, and as I was the first to signup, they brought me back in a few days before it started. The second semester I never got a call inviting me back in. My top choice of offline classes was full, I took my next choice but did not like the teacher and called my first choice to see if they could add an extra student; they could. I didn't get classroom time credit for the first class as I changed locations, but I've never looked back.

• Chivalry
  • Explorer

• October 15, 2015, 12:59:32 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #490 on: November 18, 2016, 11:14:55 am »
I'm taking the placement test tomorrow. I'm hoping to get into the culture class. Not sure how difficult it is to get into that class but the text book seems fine.

• Stin777
  • Newgookin

• July 01, 2014, 08:33:43 am
    • Hongseong
« Reply #491 on: November 18, 2016, 11:59:37 am »
That is level 5. You need to about intermediate to qualify for that class. There is no grammar lessons. Good luck!

• kobayashi
  • Expert Waygook

• Nibiru
« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:42 am »
those are doing the course at the moment, curious as to how you are being tested?

our test is basically the same as the level test. MCQ and then a speaking portion, fail the speaking portion and you fail the entire course no matter how you do on the MCQ. despite the fact that we've had like 5 minutes of speaking practice per chapter  :rolleyes:

« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2016, 12:21:02 pm »
What you are taking is a level test; there is no pass/fail, they are simply trying to put you into the class that best matches your level. Don't stress.

The signing up at midnight (or better yet, before midnight as it opened early last time), should only affect you if you are trying to get one of the coveted online classes. The offline classes in my area, and you can only see classes in your area, were slow to fill up. If you are concerned then stay up late that special night. Check before midnight, maybe you'll be lucky, worst case at midnight they'll open.

I am unsure when the next semester is, but the current one finishes in December. Also note the list of classes are posted early; first online, then offline, then maybe more offline. You can see the dates for signup, schedule, etc. which helps when planning which day/time to come back for signups.

I was able to successfully join the online class for both of my two "semesters" in the program. But the week before the class would start (and as offline classes were now getting full) they called and asked if I was pregnant or had a baby and could give paperwork to prove it. I am male and have no kids, to which they said sorry as the online class was really for moms who couldn't travel to an offline class and then deleted me from the class. The first semester they apparently kicked out too many people, and as I was the first to signup, they brought me back in a few days before it started. The second semester I never got a call inviting me back in. My top choice of offline classes was full, I took my next choice but did not like the teacher and called my first choice to see if they could add an extra student; they could. I didn't get classroom time credit for the first class as I changed locations, but I've never looked back.

Signing up at midnight might be based on a variety of factors: the level you're in, the area you want, and the time slot. I got on the site at 11:30 pm before classes opened and about 20 minutes later the website was slowing down. By about 12:10, all the seats for the night class (level 3) that I wanted were gone. Fortunately I had taken level 2 at the same place, so I was able to talk to my previous teacher and they opened more seats.

• antmar
  • Veteran

« Reply #494 on: November 23, 2016, 03:20:24 pm »
For anyone that took the pre test on Saturday, do you guys know when they are suppose to release results and how soon after they are suppose to allow people to check the schedule and sign up for classes?

• hellokitty814
  • Explorer

• October 11, 2015, 09:35:38 am
    • Sejong City, South Korea
« Reply #495 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:19 pm »
I received my results from the placement test this morning. Does anyone have any idea when we will receive information regarding signing up for classes and/or the 2017 schedule?

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #496 on: November 25, 2016, 12:11:19 pm »
I received my results from the placement test this morning. Does anyone have any idea when we will receive information regarding signing up for classes and/or the 2017 schedule?
I'm having the same issue. I took the test last weekend, but now it's saying there are no classes?

« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2016, 01:50:22 pm »
I also took the level test last Saturday and got my results today. Does anybody know how the scoring works? Is the speaking part graded out of 52 points, and the written part worth 48 points, for a total of 100?

• Chivalry
  • Explorer

• October 15, 2015, 12:59:32 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #498 on: November 25, 2016, 01:53:22 pm »
I checked online and the results are there.
The paper I received from them said something about January 10th being the date to check, however the site lists a class that begins tomorrow and allows registration through today.

Edit: Haha I was trying to figure out what a deeping class was. It is for naturalization. No wonder it was only 20 hours. So I guess it is just now a matter of waiting until the 10th. Plenty of time to study in advance.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:50:27 pm by Chivalry »

• antmar
  • Veteran

« Reply #499 on: November 25, 2016, 02:59:55 pm »
Yeah I also got my results back today too. Still waiting on them to open up classes. For anyone that has gone through this process before, how long did it take before classes started to open? :)