Read 196441 times

• hellobby
  • Waygookin

• August 28, 2014, 03:42:04 pm
    • Andong
I didn't take it in Daegu, but I was told at my exam venue they would be out on the 11th of May.

usually takes about a week but i think it's longer this time because of the short week last week.

Oh that makes sense! Thanks so much! I will check it again towards the end  of this week then. :)

They told us the results would be out by that Friday (6th). The holiday changed things but now I'll look toward the 11th as you heard.  Glad to know they didn't forget mine.

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
I know I am late for this round, but I want to register so I can take the classes for the next semester, however, the site won't let me register. It says my name doesn't match my address or that my ARC number is wrong. No matter what I have tried fixing, there is always an error. Any tips?

I know I am late for this round, but I want to register so I can take the classes for the next semester, however, the site won't let me register. It says my name doesn't match my address or that my ARC number is wrong. No matter what I have tried fixing, there is always an error. Any tips?

I had the same issue until I put my name exactly as it is on my arc card last name, first, middle name all in caps. This website also has a step by step power point that helped :)
http://keytokorean.com/blog/tech/how-to-register-for-the-free-kiip-korean-class/

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul, South Korea

I had the same issue until I put my name exactly as it is on my arc card last name, first, middle name all in caps. This website also has a step by step power point that helped :)
http://keytokorean.com/blog/tech/how-to-register-for-the-free-kiip-korean-class/
Oh that did it! Thanks! I don't know why the error message said anything about my address, but at least I got in.

EDIT:

So the next pretest is August 6, but I don't return from vacation until a few days after that. Is there anyway to postpone it or reschedule or am I stuck until the next semester after that?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:28:14 pm by HaLo3 »

So the next pretest is August 6, but I don't return from vacation until a few days after that. Is there anyway to postpone it or reschedule or am I stuck until the next semester after that?

you would have to wait for the next pre-test after that one. don't register for the pre-test then because if you register but don't take it then you can be barred from taking it again for 1 year.

there is a potential workaround though. if you write the TOPIK test, you should be able to use your score on that for them to determine which level of the KIIP course you should be in. best to try call them and find out.

not sure when the TOPIK tests are run but i think they are more often than the KIIP pre-tests. there may be one before you leave for vacation that you can do.

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul, South Korea

you would have to wait for the next pre-test after that one. don't register for the pre-test then because if you register but don't take it then you can be barred from taking it again for 1 year.

there is a potential workaround though. if you write the TOPIK test, you should be able to use your score on that for them to determine which level of the KIIP course you should be in. best to try call them and find out.

not sure when the TOPIK tests are run but i think they are more often than the KIIP pre-tests. there may be one before you leave for vacation that you can do.
Oh well thats super disappointing. Ok, thanks. I will try the TOPIK thing.

FYI for everyone who wrote the last pre-test the scores are out now on SOCINET!

Would anyone recommend the online classes over the the local uni classes?

I also wanted to know if there are any repercussions to joining the program and then dropping out after starting it. The hours for the university are really long and I don't know if I can study that late especially when I'm usually in bed by 10:30pm. (classes are 6:30pm-9:30pm) I want to join but if I don't think it will help me then I want to drop it without any harm to my visa status or future visas for that matter. I got a level 3 but I don't think I deserve a level 3 since I didn't write down anything in the writing sections. ?_? Any help is welcome. Have a great first day with uni classes....that I missed...since I can't register till tomorrow with IE.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 07:33:20 pm by leighannsun »

• myatae
  • Newgookin

• August 13, 2015, 05:46:49 pm
I just checked my scores and classes in SOCINET (level 4), but it's mainly online classes and 3 offline classes during the afternoon in Gangwon-do. I was wondering if other classes will become available throughout the week.

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of online stuff and nothing for the Daegu area. I guess keep checking off and on in the coming days...?

• zizitaji
  • Waygookin

• June 30, 2015, 03:23:39 am
    • Korea

Is this true? I registered for the one back in November, but didn't attend. I'm listed as a now show/absent, but I was still able to take this past pre-test.

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 09:59:00 am
    • south korea
I just checked my scores and classes in SOCINET (level 4), but it's mainly online classes and 3 offline classes during the afternoon in Gangwon-do. I was wondering if other classes will become available throughout the week.

when i was in gwangju, i don't think there were any classes offered in the evenings. maybe one or two on the weekend, but mostly during the day. i was forced to take online classes. ymmv

These class listings don't really specify which days they're on or at what times. How do we figure that out?

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 am
    • Korea
These class listings don't really specify which days they're on or at what times. How do we figure that out?

In my class listings, the center column shows the time (온라인(11-13시)). When you click on the class, the next page should show the date and time for every class.

Of course. I was clicking on the wrong parts. This site is so bad.

Does anyone know how quickly these classes fill up (in Seoul)?

Is it worth being online at midnight as soon as they're open for registration?

I see like 8 online classes and only 2 offline classes in a city like 2 hour drive from here (level 3) and nothing in Daejeon. Sounds like the offline classes haven't been uploaded yet...? 

I can click on the online classes, the timetable and teacher name show up, I can select WHY I need an online class, but I don't see anyway to apply to take it. The only available button is to go back to the previous page listing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:43:18 am by rampowers »

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 am
    • Korea
I can click on the online classes, the timetable and teacher name show up, I can select WHY I need an online class, but I don't see anyway to apply to take it. The only available button is to go back to the previous page listing.

Check the dates in the 'application period' column. The apply button will show up during that time (5/12-18).

It shows some people have already signed up, but I think registering before the 12th is only for those that are pregnant or have kids. The rest of us after.

Does anyone have experience with requesting to change a level? I was tested into Beginner 2 level at the pretest but I would feel much better starting beginner 1. Is there a number for KIIP?