Read 196473 times

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2016, 03:34:45 pm »
You can use your phone in the test?!

I think he meant he was using his phone during class the second time around when he took the class again.

I paid almost no attention (I was the student that was always on their phone) the second time I took the class

« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2016, 04:12:50 pm »
anyway you suggest preparing for level 4, since it isn't really on the book? prepare the same way as for a topik test?

That would be a good idea since the two biggest chunks of your score are from the reading test and the interview.  Maybe have a general understanding of the big cultural events, like going "home" for holidays or the pre-wedding rituals, etc*. During the interview part of the test, you have to read something and discuss it with the proctors and it is vaguely related to one cultural event you learned about, but it's easy to BS that even if you don't know. 

*The material covered in level 4 may've changed since I took it about a year ago. I do remember my level 5 teacher telling me they were planning on revamping the whole program for 2016. 

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 09:59:00 am
    • south korea
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »
anyway you suggest preparing for level 4, since it isn't really on the book? prepare the same way as for a topik test?

That would be a good idea since the two biggest chunks of your score are from the reading test and the interview.  Maybe have a general understanding of the big cultural events, like going "home" for holidays or the pre-wedding rituals, etc*. During the interview part of the test, you have to read something and discuss it with the proctors and it is vaguely related to one cultural event you learned about, but it's easy to BS that even if you don't know. 

*The material covered in level 4 may've changed since I took it about a year ago. I do remember my level 5 teacher telling me they were planning on revamping the whole program for 2016.

i don't think it has changed yet. this is the material for our classes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

i do believe after july, they will be making changes. like there will be two different classes to choose from for level 5 or something. these days you only need 70 hours in class not 80.

ugh what's the point of taking 100 hours of course and to not be tested on any of it. well at least if i fail level 4, i heard you automatically pass the second time.

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• June 08, 2010, 03:12:06 pm
    • Busan South Korea
« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2016, 10:35:41 pm »
Level 5 Test.

The first 10 to 15 questions are grammar questions. The grammar is from the Level 3 and 4 KIIP books. The remaining questions on the test are from the Level 5 book.

The 5 minute writing portion can be something from Level 4 or Level 5.

The speaking part is a piece of paper that they have you read then ask you questions. They'll ask a few additional questions related to Level 4 or 5.... and that's it. ;D

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Program (Level 5)
« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2016, 10:42:18 pm »
If you need extra help with Level 5 here is a video with some practice quiz questions for Lesson 1 & 2. The answers are in the description box. There is also a free download for the Level 5 book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8vuZRD0M0

I'll be posting the rest of the Level 5 lessons with the answers shortly. ^^

• kitty222
  • Explorer

• October 05, 2015, 03:07:58 pm
    • korea
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2016, 09:30:21 am »
Well all's well that ends well. I passed the freaking level 5 exam!!

« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2016, 09:50:23 am »
FYI today is the last day to register for the next pre-test.

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »
KIIP - Level 5 - Lesson 1-50 - Quiz Questions

- Answers are in the Description Box
- PDF files for each KIIP book are also in the Description Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8vuZRD0M0&index=1&list=PLl4RI1pH-8dHCTJh4ZsY96vIqQH0cTzof

Good Luck! ^^

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2016, 01:56:39 pm »
KIIP - Level 5 - Practice Test Questions

- Answers are in the Description Box
- PDF files for each KIIP book are also in the Description Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEgCpUROBo&list=PLl4RI1pH-8dGQaE3PFx0VPe7kUrXMU9pS&index=1

Good Luck! ^^

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• south korea
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »
awesome thanks!

any tips for level 4 test?

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »
awesome thanks!

any tips for level 4 test?

Know the vocabulary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk&index=2&list=PLl4RI1pH-8dFFreuIXth7KnS-xGkBFGf0

Study the Grammar.

Prepare to talk or write about... your character, food, special holidays...
Last year I had to write about reunification between South Korea and North Korea.

« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2016, 05:25:45 pm »
Very long story to say I registered in time for the placement exam and will take the test on Saturday. Bonus: the site is finally working enough to tell me I am in fact taking the exam and where (kind of) the exam hall is.  Cheers!

« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2016, 07:59:50 am »
I'm going to take the pretest tomorrow afternoon. Shooting for starting at level 3, but who knows.

It's just such a pain that each level is 100 hours. I mean, that's about five months if you go once a week for four or five hours. Yikes.

• nzer-in-gyeongnam
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 07, 2010, 01:23:29 pm
    • Gyeongnam-do
    more
« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2016, 08:21:59 am »
I'm going to take the pretest tomorrow afternoon. Shooting for starting at level 3, but who knows.

It's just such a pain that each level is 100 hours. I mean, that's about five months if you go once a week for four or five hours. Yikes.

Usually if you are attending only once a week, its from 10am to 6pm - 10 hours a day. They do this so that it takes 2 to 2.5 months to get through all the material.

If you take the online option, it's 2 hours every day - Monday through Friday.

If you are able to take the day classes, its 3 hours a day, 3 days a week.

All of these are your options, depending on space availability and location.

Good luck with the placement exam.
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2016, 09:45:54 pm »
I see there is a level test of some sort on the 7th of April but I don't seem to be able to register for it? Why is the site so difficult to navigate. I can't find much useful information on there.

« Reply #395 on: April 30, 2016, 02:11:28 pm »
I took the placement exam today and here's my initial thoughts for others who will take it in the future.

Had to be in the classroom by 12:30 but the proctors were super nice and let people in way after that. Test started at 1 and went till 1:50. Since there were multiple crying babies in the hallway, the moms went first to the speaking exam (good call). There were 50 students scheduled to be in our class with maybe 40 showing up. I was the middle middle of that group so I had a decently long wait until the speaking exam. I finished the speaking part at 2:50, meaning they'll keep going on for awhile. This is worth noting as you really shouldn't schedule anything remotely close to the end of the exam because it could be a very long time until you are done and out.

The proctors at my location were extremely rude, actually, shouting at test-takers in banmal and talking to each other as we took the test. Meh.

I can't get this POS Socinet website to accept my username and password now. Nothing has changed since I used it to sign up for the pretest, but now it just won't accept them. It tells me to try again and reloads the page. Anyone else had this problem before? I reset the password, looked up my username, everything is correct. I'm using this godforsaken Internet Explorer, too, so what else do they want?

• hellobby
  • Waygookin

• August 28, 2014, 03:42:04 pm
    • Andong
I took the level placement test on Apr 30 (Sat) in Daegu. Does anyone know when the results will come out  or when the classes will be? I thought it would come out within a week but my score still isn't online.

I took the level placement test on Apr 30 (Sat) in Daegu. Does anyone know when the results will come out  or when the classes will be? I thought it would come out within a week but my score still isn't online.

I didn't take it in Daegu, but I was told at my exam venue they would be out on the 11th of May.

usually takes about a week but i think it's longer this time because of the short week last week.

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• south korea
level 4 final test was harder than i expected.

the writing was easy. the oral exam wasn't hard per se but was a topic from level 3 which threw me off a little.

the multiple choice test felt very haphazard. it hardly felt relevant to what we studied. i get the feeling that they're using a test bank of questions made 10 years ago and haven't bothered to update it despite have many new books over that time. meh