Read 196446 times

Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2015, 10:43:14 am »
Online classes are already up and full for my level... apparently they were posted on the 21st. Guess I should have been checking every day or something! It would have been nice to finish before break...

Are you in level 5 managed by the Seoul immigration office by chance?  I am and I got a string of text messages saying that they'd opened up a bunch of classes (luckily I was already enrolled in one, so they didn't really pertain to me).  I was curious and checked on SociNet a few hours later and they were all full.  My teacher said there were more than 200 people, just in Seoul, waiting for spots in level 5 classes to open up.   

Was this just level 5 or did they post any other levels?

I honestly don't know.  My teacher only mentioned level 5 and all the texts I got were about level 5.  I'm not seeing anything on the notice board and Google and Naver searches aren't showing anything either. 

• JenH
  • Explorer

• October 25, 2013, 06:41:15 am
« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2015, 12:43:45 pm »
@chocolate.croissant From the document they gave us (for Seoul), it seems that they'll release the class timetables for each venue on December 31st. Registration period for the classes is then meant to be January 20th-22nd :)

Thanks for the reply!  Does that mean then classes wouldn't start until February?  This is a lot later than the people suggested when I called earlier, but then it seems like nobody in this program is very coordinated.

So annoying as I'm having to stick around at a job I don't like until I can finish this and apply for the visa.  =(

I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume so;; I did a few internet searches to check when classes usually begin at the start of the year - Jan/Feb seemed about right. A friend who is currently studying the KIIP also told me that it was a while before classes started after their level test.

Although now I'm worried because everyone here has been mentioning classes opening up earlier?? :huh:

Information about this programme is definitely scarcer than would be helpful ㅠㅠ I'm not sure which level you are, but hopefully classes will open up sooner for you!

« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2015, 08:18:33 pm »
Class registration is a rolling process. Not all will open up at the same, and if one location gets a lot of demand they will probably open another one up after a week or two. If you are curious you can contact the locations directly and ask (This will have to be done in Korean unfortunately, like most of the things- which is crazy for a Korean language program with beginner levels)
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

• EBatty
  • Explorer

• May 31, 2014, 07:05:57 am
« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:42 pm »
Can anyone tell me what you have to select to apply for a class or see available options? Is it just Apply Class on my page? And if so and there is nothing listed that means there are no available classes? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I tested into Level 2 and there are other options on my page like vicarious class application and deputizing class application which I tried selecting for a certain location, but does that exempt me from others? And if there are no classes available I'm not sure why that's an option...?

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 am
    • Korea
« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »
Can anyone tell me what you have to select to apply for a class or see available options? Is it just Apply Class on my page? And if so and there is nothing listed that means there are no available classes? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I tested into Level 2 and there are other options on my page like vicarious class application and deputizing class application which I tried selecting for a certain location, but does that exempt me from others? And if there are no classes available I'm not sure why that's an option...?

The "Apply Class" option will show any upcoming classes (available or full). After that, I also click on the "Search" button just to make sure.

I'm not sure if the "Vicarious" option affects class listings or not. Anyone else know?

• EditHero
  • Adventurer

• February 18, 2013, 08:40:27 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »
The "Apply Class" option will show any upcoming classes (available or full). After that, I also click on the "Search" button just to make sure.

I'm not sure if the "Vicarious" option affects class listings or not. Anyone else know?

I dunno about the vicarious stuff, but I did try to search around about it and it wasn't clear. When you hit search are you just searching for the dates automatically in the boxes? Because my dates on the left side are showing august through feb, and the dates on the right side are blank...

so confusing

• sloombage
  • Newgookin

• August 28, 2013, 08:40:06 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #306 on: November 26, 2015, 02:00:27 pm »

I dunno about the vicarious stuff, but I did try to search around about it and it wasn't clear. When you hit search are you just searching for the dates automatically in the boxes? Because my dates on the left side are showing august through feb, and the dates on the right side are blank...

so confusing

Yeah I'm searching with the Aug - Feb dates too and with the second ones blank and nothing shows up. I'm able to choose a specific location when I select vicarious and deputizing class application but I have no way of knowing if there's classes even held there. Hmm.

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 09:59:00 am
    • south korea
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

I think you guys are looking into this too much. Just click apply class and all classes within your immigration center area will show up. You don't need to apply filters or anything.

« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2015, 03:37:03 pm »
Hey guys, getting ahead of the game a bit. I downloaded the PDF for KIIP level 3 2015 and printed it off as a book at a kinkos. I still can't find an upload of the audio CD though. Could someone be kind enough to upload it or point me in the right direction. Thankyou :)

• jinteh
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 am
    • Korea
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2015, 05:10:52 pm »
Hey guys, getting ahead of the game a bit. I downloaded the PDF for KIIP level 3 2015 and printed it off as a book at a kinkos. I still can't find an upload of the audio CD though. Could someone be kind enough to upload it or point me in the right direction. Thankyou :)

I'm also level 3. Where did you download the pdf?

**NVM, I just googled "KIIP Level 3 PDF" and found a youtube page with the book links.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:23:19 pm by jinteh »

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2015, 07:56:21 am »

I'm also level 3. Where did you download the pdf?

**NVM, I just googled "KIIP Level 3 PDF" and found a youtube page with the book links.

Yeah, that's where I found it. Let me know if you find the audio CD. :)

• zizitaji
  • Waygookin

• June 30, 2015, 03:23:39 am
    • Korea
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2015, 11:05:17 am »
Unfortunately, I was unable to get into the KIIP class this time around :/. I guess the location is popular, so I'll have to wait until next year.  :cry:

Someone told me that once you enter the program, you must finish it , meaning I would have to stay in Korea until I passed level 5. Does anyone know if this is true?

I would probably test into level 1 , ha.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:06:59 am by zizitaji »

« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

Also if you follow this link and look in the description you can get the PDF's for each level too. Binding about 200 pages like a book costs about 17k in Kinko's. Or you could just wait for the free version haha.

« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

Also if you follow this link and look in the description you can get the PDF's for each level too. Binding about 200 pages like a book costs about 17k in Kinko's. Or you could just wait for the free version haha.

Just because I've seen some people in this thread not be aware of it, you can buy these books at kyobo for 7,000 won. Or on the first day (in cash) of your class
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »
Does anyone have a schedule for 2016 classes? I can't seem to find anything on socinet.go.kr

• kl1247
  • Newgookin

• March 23, 2014, 07:41:53 pm
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:26 am »
Does anyone have a schedule for 2016 classes? I can't seem to find anything on socinet.go.kr

Classes probably won't be posted until January after their next placement test. )But I don't even think they really know the actual schedule for the year ever.)

My teacher said classes will start in February (most likely after Lunar New Year). The only class that will start before that is the  한글 class.

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• south korea
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2015, 06:00:13 pm »

passed level 3

can anyone explain when the midterm is taken

« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2015, 08:11:05 am »
Class registration is a rolling process. Not all will open up at the same, and if one location gets a lot of demand they will probably open another one up after a week or two. If you are curious you can contact the locations directly and ask (This will have to be done in Korean unfortunately, like most of the things- which is crazy for a Korean language program with beginner levels)

I have called them on several occasions and they never. know.  =(  They just say wait for a text message, which I have never gotten.  >.>

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• south korea
« Reply #319 on: December 22, 2015, 08:30:39 am »

I have called them on several occasions and they never. know.  =(  They just say wait for a text message, which I have never gotten.  >.>

welcome to korea