Read 196449 times

Thank you for pointing us to these files. It's useful if you are in between levels or having to wait a few months between getting your placement and your class starting.

Also, useful for me if for some reason I can't have my book in class on a random night, at least I can pull these up on my phone (galaxy note, so it's just passable for viewing size).
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• June 08, 2010, 03:12:06 pm
    • Busan South Korea
No problem! You are absolutely right.

As for me, I like to have the translations next to the words in my book. It's going to take a while to write everything down but it's well worth it :azn:

Thank you for pointing us to these files. It's useful if you are in between levels or having to wait a few months between getting your placement and your class starting.

Also, useful for me if for some reason I can't have my book in class on a random night, at least I can pull these up on my phone (galaxy note, so it's just passable for viewing size).

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
Couldn't find the audio files :sad:

The scripts are in the back of the book. One option would be to visit a big bookstore near you and purchase the book for 7,000 won. If they don't have it they can probably order it.

I'll continue to search for them online :azn:

Any place to download the audio files as well?  ;D ;D ;D

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 09:59:00 am
    • south korea

Has anyone started the online class recently? Mine starts on Monday and I can't figure out where to download the program. It seems like they changed the website from what I used last class.

Has anyone started the online class recently? Mine starts on Monday and I can't figure out where to download the program. It seems like they changed the website from what I used last class.

The site I was given is: kiipedu.svc.saeha.com/

• macteacher
  • Expert Waygook

• September 03, 2012, 09:59:00 am
    • south korea

The site I was given is: kiipedu.svc.saeha.com/

yeah, i think i got the program downloaded. there isn't any where to sign in with the program, but i guess i'll find out tomorrow if it works.

• rowdes
  • Veteran

• June 23, 2010, 02:37:28 pm
    • south korea
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2015, 07:47:40 am »
Does anyone know when the next round of classes will commence?

thanks.

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2015, 10:54:51 am »
Does anyone know when the next round of classes will commence?

thanks.

Check out this link for schedule and information ^^
http://keytokorean.com/kiip-%EC%82%AC%ED%9A%8C%ED%86%B5%ED%95%A9%ED%94%84%EB%A1%9C%EA%B7%B8%EB%9E%A8-schedule-and-information/

• chuckd
  • Veteran

• Busan South Korea
F-2 VISA - Updated 2015 Point System!
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2015, 11:00:37 am »
F-2 VISA - Updated 2015 Point System

English Version: 07.20 KIIP Update
Korean Version: 07.20 KIIP Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

* Look in the description box for all the files ^^

• irfanlhr
  • Explorer

• August 07, 2013, 10:23:47 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2015, 08:15:00 am »
Thanks everyone for all these helping posts. I am going to register for Level 3 online classes (14-Sep-2015 to 25-Nov-2015). But mid-term exam is on 28-Nov-2015. Normally every KIIP exam registeration deadline is 8 days before exam (so 20-Nov-2015 in this case). Would it be possible to register for said exam while still a few classes are left? Or I have to wait for March exam?

« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2015, 08:56:14 am »
Thanks everyone for all these helping posts. I am going to register for Level 3 online classes (14-Sep-2015 to 25-Nov-2015). But mid-term exam is on 28-Nov-2015. Normally every KIIP exam registeration deadline is 8 days before exam (so 20-Nov-2015 in this case). Would it be possible to register for said exam while still a few classes are left? Or I have to wait for March exam?

If I recall correctly, it doesn't matter how many classes are left, it matters if you've reached the amount of hours you need.  For the 100 hour courses, you need 80 hours to be eligible for the exam.  Once you reach 80 hours you should be able to register. 

I was in a similar situation with Level 4, as all my classmates had already registered for the exam, but since I took a Jeju vacation and waking up early is hard, I missed a bunch of classes.  Once I reached 80 hours, I was able to register. 

• irfanlhr
  • Explorer

• Seoul
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2015, 09:23:49 am »

If I recall correctly, it doesn't matter how many classes are left, it matters if you've reached the amount of hours you need.  For the 100 hour courses, you need 80 hours to be eligible for the exam.  Once you reach 80 hours you should be able to register. 

I was in a similar situation with Level 4, as all my classmates had already registered for the exam, but since I took a Jeju vacation and waking up early is hard, I missed a bunch of classes.  Once I reached 80 hours, I was able to register.

Thanks Chris for quick response!

• irfanlhr
  • Explorer

• Seoul
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2015, 11:13:04 am »
Another question! Do you physically have to be in Korea for attending online classes? During my online KIIP classes, I am visiting my hometown for 3 weeks.

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2015, 11:21:35 am »
Another question! Do you physically have to be in Korea for attending online classes? During my online KIIP classes, I am visiting my hometown for 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be as long as you have reliable internet.  One of my classmates today was visiting her family in her home country.  Her internet wasn't that great though and kept cutting in and out, so the teacher said, "If you are in another country, just skip class." 

TL;DR You'll be fine as long as you don't have crappy internet. 

« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be as long as you have reliable internet.  One of my classmates today was visiting her family in her home country.  Her internet wasn't that great though and kept cutting in and out, so the teacher said, "If you are in another country, just skip class." 

TL;DR You'll be fine as long as you don't have crappy internet.

just to add. My teacher was asked this and she said that it shouldn't work as they have measures in place to stop that (?) It would make sense to base it on IP address or something so that the Korean government isn't potentially having people sign up at the beginning then go home for a few months? My teacher was pretty adamant about not being able to- but she could just be toe-ing the company line? (or maybe the person had a vpn or something, which would explain the poor internet?)
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2015, 09:45:21 am »
http://keytokorean.com/kiip-%EC%82%AC%ED%9A%8C%ED%86%B5%ED%95%A9%ED%94%84%EB%A1%9C%EA%B7%B8%EB%9E%A8-schedule-and-information/

I'm a bit confused about something, would really appreciate if anyone can help here.

I signed up during the Period 4 registration period according to the link above. However, I missed the level test as it was the same day I was leaving for vacation (flights had been booked ages ago and couldn't be changed).

I see from that link that there's a Period 5, with a pre-test that I'll be able to take on the 14th of November. But when I go to Socinet there's no option to print a level test ticket. I looked at that link above and followed the instructions on a PPT I got from there but it looks like the site has changed a little bit.

Anyone know what's going on? Am I getting problems now because I signed up during the Period 4 registration period and didn't apply for the level test?

Co-teacher is away in New Zealand so don't really have anyone to help me here at the mo.

• nzer-in-gyeongnam
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 07, 2010, 01:23:29 pm
    • Gyeongnam-do
    more
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2015, 01:45:03 pm »

I'm a bit confused about something, would really appreciate if anyone can help here.

I signed up during the Period 4 registration period according to the link above. However, I missed the level test as it was the same day I was leaving for vacation (flights had been booked ages ago and couldn't be changed).

I see from that link that there's a Period 5, with a pre-test that I'll be able to take on the 14th of November. But when I go to Socinet there's no option to print a level test ticket. I looked at that link above and followed the instructions on a PPT I got from there but it looks like the site has changed a little bit.

Anyone know what's going on? Am I getting problems now because I signed up during the Period 4 registration period and didn't apply for the level test?

Co-teacher is away in New Zealand so don't really have anyone to help me here at the mo.

If you can't get any concrete answers here, then you can try calling the Immigration office and ask to speak to someone who can answer questions about the KIIP program.

However, if you signed up and already printed a ticket, but didn't sit the exam or failed the exam, then usually you are placed into level 0. Which province are you based in? Someone may be able to provide you a phone number to contact to ask questions about the program as well.

Do you have only 1 co-teacher? If not, ask another one, or perhaps a Korean friend to call for you if you don't have the confidence to call yourself [many of us don't].

If you only sit the pre-test in November, then you will most likely begin lessons next year in March.

I believe you should be in Korea for the online classes, and keep in mind that each class is 2 hours in length, and held every day, so you would be missing 30 hours of classes if you are away for 3 weeks. The minimum attendance requirement is 80/100 hours, and so if you are away for 3 weeks, you would need to prove that you are keeping up with the class, and perhaps ask the teacher to assign you homework to email back to them to keep your attendance count high enough to pass the level. One of my online classmates had to do that as he was going to be arriving in Korea 3 weeks into the classes, and needed to prove he was studying and keeping up with us while he was out of the country on business.

Good luck to anyone who is beginning their adventures in the KIIP program. It's a fun course to do, but a lot of work. I highly recommend looking at investing in Korean Grammar In Use (beginner, intermediate and advanced) books.(http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=561833883)  They are AMAZING and explain the grammar points much easier and in English and Korean, so you can understand exactly why and how you use each structure.
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2015, 02:01:06 pm »
the thing is, I never printed a test ticket or even registered for the level test knowing i wouldn't be able to sit it. all i did was register for the KIIP program, i.e., on socinet. but the time in which i registered was during the Period 4 registration period.

Level 0 will be way too easy for me. I've already completed a beginner's level Korean course through a university. it was only 24 class hours in total, so I'm pretty sure I would be Level 1 of KIIP.

I might try get my other co-teacher to call them and find out what's going on. I'm not even sure if there'll be enough people this semester for them to hold a Level 1 class since I live in a small city and most people do Level 1 in 1st semester it seems. they even told me that when my co-teacher phoned last semester. so, I may have to wait until next year anyway to do it. I doubt i'd test into Level 2, and i've had a look at the materials and that level would be way too difficult for me.

anyway, thanks for the help ^^

• irfanlhr
  • Explorer

• Seoul
« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2015, 03:29:33 pm »
Thanks enzr....but I dont know if this homework thing will work. I have heard that immigration office is very strict about attendence. Even they do surprise visit to offline classes. Therefore I am thinking to subscribe korea-based vpn (flyvpn) coupled with fast and reliable internet. I hope this will work outside of Korea. It would be nice to know from someone who has taken online KIIP classes outside of Korea without any problem.